Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The stats are damning aren't they 17:03 - Jan 23 with 4175 viewsSomethingBlue

Five home defeats in six ... 10 points from nine ... 10 points off the top two.

In the third tier.

Pretty speechless that this is being allowed to continue. The club is in such massive trouble.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 3436 viewsle2blue

Makes me feel sick, I deplore the acceptance of our decline by the owner and utter utter disgraceful management of a once great club.

Won't to cancel my season tickets but i know it will make no difference at all.
The stats are damning aren't they on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 3412 viewsMrTown

They aren’t the ‘facts’ that Evans has exclusively got his hands on though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 3397 viewsFunge

Difficult to come to any conclusion other than Evans simply doesn't know or care what he's doing.

The 'manager' is a charlatan, and the players all disgraceful - but, fundamentally, this is all down to Evans.

It's gonna get a lot worse.
The stats are damning aren't they on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 3394 viewsTieDyedIn95

Boycott them until they change. Force the change.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 3395 viewsHerbivore

It's horrific. By an absolute mile this is the worst we've been in my 30+ years supporting Town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 3368 viewsSomethingBlue

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:08 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

It's horrific. By an absolute mile this is the worst we've been in my 30+ years supporting Town.

Honestly when I step back and take it in I'm just absolutely aghast.

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 3308 viewsitfcjoe

And a portion of the fans texting Radio Suffolk saying we played ok and positive signs etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 3283 viewsitfcjoe

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:09 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

It's incredible how bad we are, and how far it is being allowed to slide

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 3255 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s so bad, this surely can’t be allowed to continue any longer

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 3197 viewsHerbivore

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:09 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

I think part of me almost doesn't believe it. Think it's my brain's way of coping with how far we've sunk.

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:17 - Jan 23 with 3170 viewsSteve_M

Lambert should not have made it into 2020 as manager, that he got a five year contract instead of being sacked is telling of just how bad a job Marcus Evans has made of this club.

Despite a decent first six weeks of this season, there has been no way back for Lambert since early November and here we are two months later paying for that indecision.

A club in terminal decline, even sacking Lambert now may not be enough.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 3142 viewsChris_Knights

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:12 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

It's incredible how bad we are, and how far it is being allowed to slide

Whilst I agree with all comments .... it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets any better .... facts

1 an owner that will not invest
2 a manager that cannot manage
3 a set of players that are just awful in every sense in this league
4 supporters that cannot vent their feelings on match days
5 and worst of all..... nothing going through that gives us any hope

Very very very sad
The stats are damning aren't they on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 3115 viewsGeoffSentence

When I start off a new game of football manager, I always add a manager whose purpose is to destroy Norwich. It feels like this is happening to us in real life. We could be witnessing the wilful destruction of a football club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 3114 viewsLankHenners

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say literally any other club in the football league would’ve sacked him long ago at this point.

By now Evans is surely just completely disinterested or has allowed himself to be properly deluded to think things will suddenly turn around.

“Embarrassing” has become a cliche when describing something *bad* in football but there’s no better word for what this joke of a club has become.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 3063 viewsDubtractor

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:19 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say literally any other club in the football league would’ve sacked him long ago at this point.

By now Evans is surely just completely disinterested or has allowed himself to be properly deluded to think things will suddenly turn around.

“Embarrassing” has become a cliche when describing something *bad* in football but there’s no better word for what this joke of a club has become.

I think most clubs in the league would have sacked him 3 times over.

The relegation.

The mid season slump that preceded the 5 year contract.

Any time in the last 2 months.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 3059 viewsHerbivore

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:18 - Jan 23 by Chris_Knights

Whilst I agree with all comments .... it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets any better .... facts

1 an owner that will not invest
2 a manager that cannot manage
3 a set of players that are just awful in every sense in this league
4 supporters that cannot vent their feelings on match days
5 and worst of all..... nothing going through that gives us any hope

Very very very sad

I'm not sure you can really say the owner won't invest, we've literally invested in two fairly pricey loan signings this week. Evans may not have deep enough pockets for the upper reaches of the Championship, but I don't think any manager at this level has had better backing than Lambert over the past 18 months. That just makes the failure all the more depressing.

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 3061 viewsSomethingBlue

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:17 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

Lambert should not have made it into 2020 as manager, that he got a five year contract instead of being sacked is telling of just how bad a job Marcus Evans has made of this club.

Despite a decent first six weeks of this season, there has been no way back for Lambert since early November and here we are two months later paying for that indecision.

He should be out of a job this evening. With a bit of a bounce we can get a result against a fairly mediocre Sunderland and push on from there. I'm not sure it can wait longer. A 10-point gap is huge, even with a game in hand and even with this squad, and while someone like Cowley would definitely improve us he's not a nailed-on miracle worker, nobody at this level is.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 17:25]

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:52 - Jan 23 with 2844 viewsChris_Knights

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:23 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

I'm not sure you can really say the owner won't invest, we've literally invested in two fairly pricey loan signings this week. Evans may not have deep enough pockets for the upper reaches of the Championship, but I don't think any manager at this level has had better backing than Lambert over the past 18 months. That just makes the failure all the more depressing.

Let’s get a little realism shall we ?

Two pricey loan signings that cannot get a game in the championship !!! Do me a favour that’s not investment that delivering more losses to deduct more tax !!! When you invest you expect a return !
The stats are damning aren't they on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 2771 viewsHerbivore

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:52 - Jan 23 by Chris_Knights

Two pricey loan signings that cannot get a game in the championship !!! Do me a favour that’s not investment that delivering more losses to deduct more tax !!! When you invest you expect a return !

I'm afraid only one of us isn't showing any realism here. We're in League 1. Only a few sides at this level could have brought those two players in on the kind of wages they'll command. People don't understand the finances of this division at all. People moan we don't spend, but the fee we paid for KVY last season would be a record fee for half the sides at this level. Backing of the manager is an issue, but only insofar as Evans has continued to back him when it's clear he's hopeless. Lambert can have no complaints at all about the financial backing he's had from Evans.

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:04 - Jan 23 with 2731 viewsN2_Blue

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:07 - Jan 23 by le2blue

Makes me feel sick, I deplore the acceptance of our decline by the owner and utter utter disgraceful management of a once great club.

Won't to cancel my season tickets but i know it will make no difference at all.

Well it won't make any difference if all fans think like you do. Cancel it if you want to.

I cancelled my last year, not because of COVID but because Evans continues to support this fraud of a manager.

If you don't then of course it won't make any difference and you have a ST you don't even want by the sounds of it.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 2708 viewsjayessess

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:52 - Jan 23 by Chris_Knights

I doubt any manager in the division is getting more financial support than Paul Lambert.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 2705 viewsN2_Blue

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:11 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

And a portion of the fans texting Radio Suffolk saying we played ok and positive signs etc

Softest fans in the land, they deserve what they are getting.

As texters says, we have the biggest proportion of soft happy clappers of any club probably

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:17 - Jan 23 with 2607 viewsRyorry

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:17 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but that 5 year contract always was so ridiculous as to actually make me wonder if PL really does have some major leverage on ME!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:25 - Jan 23 with 2545 viewsrgp1

The stats are damning aren't they on 18:01 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

I'm afraid only one of us isn't showing any realism here. We're in League 1. Only a few sides at this level could have brought those two players in on the kind of wages they'll command. People don't understand the finances of this division at all. People moan we don't spend, but the fee we paid for KVY last season would be a record fee for half the sides at this level. Backing of the manager is an issue, but only insofar as Evans has continued to back him when it's clear he's hopeless. Lambert can have no complaints at all about the financial backing he's had from Evans.

I agree yes Evan's managerial appointments have been poor on the whole. However is it realistic to state he has under invested in what is probably the largest squad in the division by some measure.

In addition I don't think you can blanket all players as poor. Many have played in the championship. I take the view that all is not well in the camp, I am not blaming anyone because it could be the manager or indeed the players but clearly something isn't right and unless we know otherwise I fail to see where the blame lies with the owner.
The stats are damning aren't they on 18:29 - Jan 23 with 2514 viewscatch74

The stats are damning aren't they on 17:11 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

Picturing Lambert like a drug dealer with about 15 phones in his big coat.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024