Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan. 17:06 - Jan 23 with 624 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A poor teams Rory Fallon. Big Frank had more about him. I get our options were limited with injuries, but f@ck me, he's pants.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Drinan. on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 607 viewsFtnfwest

Will probably be our star player next season
Drinan. on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 588 viewsScuzzer

Drinan. on 17:07 - Jan 23 by Ftnfwest

In league 2?

Established 1968

Drinan. on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 583 viewsDublinBlue84

Drinan. on 17:07 - Jan 23 by Ftnfwest

Christ, I knew I was depressed about the current situation, but even I don't think we'd go down.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Drinan. on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 556 viewsjayessess

Should've been hooked at half time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Drinan. on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 522 viewsgordon

Bit of Sam Parkin about him as well, in that he isn't small but doesn't have much of a presence, isn't slow but isn't really that quick, can control it most of the time but doesn't have a great touch, might be an alright finisher but doesn't really get into the right positions to get many chances, and works hard without ever really winning the ball back much etc etc
Drinan. on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 507 viewsclive_baker

I think he looks way, way short of being ready for L1 football. And IF he is to be involved, he needs support. It's about the hardest role a forward could play. Ideally he's getting 10 minutes here and there off the bench in a front 2. But we're at the point where we're pinning all our hopes on him. He's willing but he's woefully short.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Drinan. on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 482 viewsFtnfwest

Drinan. on 17:08 - Jan 23 by Scuzzer

In league 2?

That obviously didn’t come across as irony! Which is what it was.
Drinan. on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 450 viewstractorboy1978

Drinan. on 17:11 - Jan 23 by clive_baker

I think he looks way, way short of being ready for L1 football. And IF he is to be involved, he needs support. It's about the hardest role a forward could play. Ideally he's getting 10 minutes here and there off the bench in a front 2. But we're at the point where we're pinning all our hopes on him. He's willing but he's woefully short.

The worst centre forward I have ever seen in an Ipswich shirt. And we could well be relying on him for the next two months.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 17:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Drinan. on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 412 viewsbrazil1981

I admit he hasn’t impressed in recent matches, and he probably isn’t quite ready for a regular start at this level. However I feel a little sorry for him tbh, we’re currently a team with no creative edge whatsoever, he’s battling away on his own up top, not many players are good at that role.
Just hope it doesn’t destroy him as player in terms of confidence and development!
Drinan. on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 379 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Never scored a goal for Ipswich and we still continue with him. Injuries or not he should be nowhere near the first team.

Send him back to Waterford or wherever he was brought from !

Well among our worst ever 'strikers' alonsgide Bajner and Ellington.
Drinan. on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 380 viewsgordon

Drinan. on 17:14 - Jan 23 by tractorboy1978

The worst centre forward I have ever seen in an Ipswich shirt. And we could well be relying on him for the next two months.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 17:15]

Freddie Sears is way, way better even as a lone striker.
Drinan. on 17:28 - Jan 23 with 353 viewsjayessess

Drinan. on 17:25 - Jan 23 by gordon

Freddie Sears is way, way better even as a lone striker.

Thing is it was fairly obvious by half-time that he wasn't holding the ball up, wasn't getting in behind, wasn't finding space. By 15 minutes into the second half, we'd punted the ball forward to him a half a dozen times and he'd not been anywhere near it. It kept coming back at us. So why the hell wasn't he subbed?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Drinan. on 17:29 - Jan 23 with 348 viewsIllinoisblue

He looks miles off it but to be fair he’s not exactly given any help or service

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drinan. on 17:32 - Jan 23 with 328 viewsgordon

Drinan. on 17:28 - Jan 23 by jayessess

Thing is it was fairly obvious by half-time that he wasn't holding the ball up, wasn't getting in behind, wasn't finding space. By 15 minutes into the second half, we'd punted the ball forward to him a half a dozen times and he'd not been anywhere near it. It kept coming back at us. So why the hell wasn't he subbed?

Was very poor - Sears is very limited, but he does drop off into pockets of space, can control and turn and play a forward pass. And if a chance drops to someone, you'd much rather it was Sears than Drinan.
Drinan. on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 319 viewstractorboy1978

Drinan. on 17:29 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

He looks miles off it but to be fair he’s not exactly given any help or service

It's a two way thing though. He has to be able to hold the ball for others to get up and support. He offers absolutely nothing. Slow, weak, poor in the air, doesn't take chances. They won't have had an easier afternoon all season at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024