Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. 18:17 - Jan 23 with 1171 viewsGeoffSentence

Kind of numb to it now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:31 - Jan 23 with 1128 viewssw20tractor

Lifelong fans are now apathetic towards the club. Future generations of town fans will be lost forever. Still Evans sits on his arse and shows incredible incompetence.
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:34 - Jan 23 with 1117 viewsDowson

My other half came into the room today to ask me what the score was, when I told her it was 0-1 she said “You used to get so passionate when you watched it, you don’t seem to care anymore”

She pretty much summed up my feeling.

I can’t see anyway out, we win it’s not deserved and boring, we lose he still dosn’t get the boot. Ergh
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:37 - Jan 23 with 1111 viewschrismakin

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:31 - Jan 23 by sw20tractor

Lifelong fans are now apathetic towards the club. Future generations of town fans will be lost forever. Still Evans sits on his arse and shows incredible incompetence.

Think that's the worrying thing

Town were the Kings of East Anglia, we're not longer that, the young are growing up watching the prem, locals are getting used to Nodge being the better team and we're not far in front of the likes of Colchester and nearly even came close to playing Kings Lynn!

I remember around me at PR when I was younger I was surrounded by OAP's, Sadly I can imagine alot have passed since, where will our supporters come from over the next 10/20 years That's the problem.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 1106 viewsThe_Major

Same here. Over four decades of supporting the Town, and I have never felt so apathetic about them before now - and I was at the hungover trip to Port Vale in 1990.

Match days used to be a mixture of apprehension and excitement, nowadays it feels an absolute chore. But of course I'll be watching the Sunderland game, imbecile that I am.
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 1099 viewsTrequartista

There's nowhere left to go is there. Calling for the manager to go on a message board is months old. There's no-one in the stadium to make it uncomfortable. Some people boycott iFollow or will refuse to renew their season ticket but lots won't because they feel that hurts the club that they support.

Evans and Lambert appear untouchable, and we're powerless to stop them destroying the club.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:40 - Jan 23 with 1090 viewschrismakin

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:39 - Jan 23 by Trequartista

There's nowhere left to go is there. Calling for the manager to go on a message board is months old. There's no-one in the stadium to make it uncomfortable. Some people boycott iFollow or will refuse to renew their season ticket but lots won't because they feel that hurts the club that they support.

Evans and Lambert appear untouchable, and we're powerless to stop them destroying the club.

It almost feels like you're on the lifeboat watching the Titanic, You can tell everyone about the time it went down, but you couldn't do anything to stop it

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 1081 viewsIllinoisblue

Nah, still at the anger stage of grief. Every Saturday I tell myself, don’t go on twitter and here and get all raged up. But here I am.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 1059 viewsfooters

I watched Only Fools and Horses instead.

Couldn't give a monkey's.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:44 - Jan 23 with 1055 viewsChondzoresk

I just shrug my shoulders and move on now. There was a time when I was moody for several days, then I calmed down......
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:45 - Jan 23 with 1044 viewsHerbivore

It's hard to care when the manager and owner so clearly don't.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:18 - Jan 23 with 983 viewsEnigma_Blue

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:43 - Jan 23 by footers

Was it the one when Boycie says when referring to Wimbledon tickets 'that's right they drew nil nil with Ipswich'?

Those seemed like heady days in comparison, now we wouldn't even get gently mocked on a prime time sitcom, we have fallen so far we have almost become irrelevant.
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:24 - Jan 23 with 941 viewsBluedanW

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:18 - Jan 23 by Enigma_Blue

Was it the one when Boycie says when referring to Wimbledon tickets 'that's right they drew nil nil with Ipswich'?

Those seemed like heady days in comparison, now we wouldn't even get gently mocked on a prime time sitcom, we have fallen so far we have almost become irrelevant.

I watched 'Top of the pops, the story of 1981'
The other night. Even that made me sad to think what a great team we were when all these songs were in the charts.
Now we are a low league club lower than, Norwich, Luton and Peterborough in the anglia region. Im glad the local TV have split the local news coverage so at least we are only 2nd on the closer to home news.
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 927 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m the other way.

I was numb to it second half of Micks reign, Hurst & about a year under Lambert.

Now I’m fcuking seething.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 909 viewsParamedic

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 18:43 - Jan 23 by footers

Del Boy played by Paul Lambert, Rodney played by Marcus Evans. Or the other way round, both work.

AllalallalSunderland

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 909 viewsDarkblue

It's a sad state of affairs but it's got to the stage where I'm actively wanting us to lose games so Lambert goes.

The only way Evans is going to learn is to have his nose rubbed into it again and again until he realises he needs to get rid of Lambert. If losing in the short term is for the long term benefit of the club (i.e Lambert going) then at this stage it feels like a price worth paying.

I genuinely hate that I feel this way but it feels like this is the only way Lambert is going to leave the club.
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:42 - Jan 23 with 855 viewsEnigma_Blue

I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 19:28 - Jan 23 by Paramedic

Del Boy played by Paul Lambert, Rodney played by Marcus Evans. Or the other way round, both work.

Lambert playing Trigger would be more realistic, totally clueless!
I used to feel really vexed when we lost. on 20:36 - Jan 23 with 786 viewslazyblue

I’m still annoyed as hell when we lose (should be used to it I know) and watch every game and hope we can turn it around every week . Been following Town for 40 years so it’s hard to switch off from it even when it’s like it is now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024