Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... 18:32 - Jan 23 with 520 viewshomer_123

....it doesn't get any better.

Thomas looked lively coming on, direct and looked to do things more quickly.

Again, we had a 10 min spell in each half where we looked OK....but didn't take advantage and couldn't capitalise and again....a bad decision gives away a pen and a poor clearance sliced into our own net.

Really the woeful football continues and the annoying thing....I didn't think P'boro were all that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 18:33 - Jan 23 with 500 viewsDanTheMan

Think Mick Mills summed it up rather well after the game.

Was it better? Yeah. But it comes from such a low baseline that it's still nowhere near good enough.

We still never really looked like scoring. Some half chances but that's about it.

To top it all off, Lambert comes out singing the praises.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 478 viewshomer_123

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 18:33 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

Think Mick Mills summed it up rather well after the game.

Was it better? Yeah. But it comes from such a low baseline that it's still nowhere near good enough.

We still never really looked like scoring. Some half chances but that's about it.

To top it all off, Lambert comes out singing the praises.

It really was barely better though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 20:47 - Jan 23 with 376 viewsRobTheMonk

We won't get anywhere with two fullbacks approaching the latter years of their career. Modern day full backs nowadays tend to be dynamic, quick boys.

Alan Judge on the right doesn't work. He's not quick amd can't cross for toffee. If he plays, it has to somewhere in the middle.

Nsiala always looks like he's going to mess up a tackle.

Even when Downes isn't at his best, he still looks our best player. Dozzell is struggling to impose himself on games. Bishop never really got into it today.

Looks like there are communication issues between keeper and defence at times.

Drinan is a hard worker, but has barely anything to work with.

The subs all looked busy which is a minor bonus.

On a side note,, don't we have like 10 players out of contract at the end of the season? I suspect if Lambert does go, it will be be at the end of the season.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 20:48]
Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 21:00 - Jan 23 with 349 viewssolemio

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 20:47 - Jan 23 by RobTheMonk

We won't get anywhere with two fullbacks approaching the latter years of their career. Modern day full backs nowadays tend to be dynamic, quick boys.

Alan Judge on the right doesn't work. He's not quick amd can't cross for toffee. If he plays, it has to somewhere in the middle.

Nsiala always looks like he's going to mess up a tackle.

Even when Downes isn't at his best, he still looks our best player. Dozzell is struggling to impose himself on games. Bishop never really got into it today.

Looks like there are communication issues between keeper and defence at times.

Drinan is a hard worker, but has barely anything to work with.

The subs all looked busy which is a minor bonus.

On a side note,, don't we have like 10 players out of contract at the end of the season? I suspect if Lambert does go, it will be be at the end of the season.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 20:48]

Not just modern full backs who are quick and dynamic. George Burley certainly fitted that description, and in fact so did Mick Mills, although in his later years he got forward less frequently.
Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 21:05 - Jan 23 with 329 viewschrismakin

Nope.....no matter how I look at that performance today.... on 21:00 - Jan 23 by solemio

Not just modern full backs who are quick and dynamic. George Burley certainly fitted that description, and in fact so did Mick Mills, although in his later years he got forward less frequently.

In my time watching town

Edwards
Cresswell
Mings
Clapham
Hreidarssn
Uhnlenbeek

Couldn't be bothered to google spellings.

Can't remember seeing many 35 year olds

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024