Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT 18:52 - Jan 23 with 3249 viewscarlisleaway

asking for a headline on Monday with Lambert must Go
Stuart.watson@archant.co.uk
Andy.warren@archant.co.uk
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:55 - Jan 23 with 2345 viewsN2_Blue

done

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 2321 viewsHerbivore

Yeah not a bad shout. Club ignored the many emails sent to it before Christmas, might be a bit harder to ignore a headline in the EADT.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 2314 viewschrismakin

dONE

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:58 - Jan 23 with 2292 viewsWD19

I prefer:

Supercarlislegoesballisticlambertisatrocious.

....and needs to go. Now.

Please.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 2270 viewsChondzoresk

Done
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:07 - Jan 23 with 2219 viewscarlisleaway

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:58 - Jan 23 by WD19

I prefer:

Supercarlislegoesballisticlambertisatrocious.

....and needs to go. Now.

Please.

Great Headline
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:13 - Jan 23 with 2152 viewsMrTown

Anything at this stage is better than nothing

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:13 - Jan 23 with 2152 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 18:56 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Yeah not a bad shout. Club ignored the many emails sent to it before Christmas, might be a bit harder to ignore a headline in the EADT.

Even with loads of emails asking for it, I'm not sure they'd be brave enough. They rely on their good relations with the club to get stories/access to players and management - and they've already seen Phil banned.

If they merely report on something the fans are doing (see my idea in another thread, or something else) then the EADT can't be held responsible. They're just reporting what's happening.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:14 - Jan 23 with 2135 viewsjas0999

Probably worried they will get banned too.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:20 - Jan 23 with 2077 viewsNeedhamChris

I agree with this but it’s the decision makers we need to be emailing

brad.jones@archant.co.uk - editor
Mark.heath@archant.co.uk - sports lead

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 2018 viewsPhilTWTD

Not entirely sure it's fair to bombard them with emails. The editor will run a headline if he feels it's the right time, not them. Usually papers run those sorts of headlines when they know the manager concerned is already all but out of the door.

And I don't think media coverage will make much difference to ME's thought processes.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 1976 viewsSitfcB

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:26 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Not entirely sure it's fair to bombard them with emails. The editor will run a headline if he feels it's the right time, not them. Usually papers run those sorts of headlines when they know the manager concerned is already all but out of the door.

And I don't think media coverage will make much difference to ME's thought processes.

‘Usually papers run those sorts of headlines when they know the manager concerned is already all but out of the door.’

Seems pointless. Pussyclarts.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:29 - Jan 23 with 1963 viewsLankHenners

I’m not sure it’ll make any difference - they know a lot of people want them to do this and have explained at length on the KOA podcast why they can’t/won’t do it at this moment in time (although maybe their position has softened in the past 2 weeks).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:32 - Jan 23 with 1927 viewsPhilTWTD

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:28 - Jan 23 by SitfcB

‘Usually papers run those sorts of headlines when they know the manager concerned is already all but out of the door.’

Seems pointless. Pussyclarts.

Not sure why a big thing is being made of this really, not sure it has that much impact, other than on the paper concerned if the manager isn't sacked and it hits their relationship with the club.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:34 - Jan 23 with 1874 viewsBluedanW

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:29 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I’m not sure it’ll make any difference - they know a lot of people want them to do this and have explained at length on the KOA podcast why they can’t/won’t do it at this moment in time (although maybe their position has softened in the past 2 weeks).

Done.

The club may not want to listen. But if the EADT see how many people want him gone they can go report this and it will not look good for the club.

I really want to cancel my season ticket, but it will not achieve anything unless many more people do likewise
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:37 - Jan 23 with 1845 viewsLankHenners

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:34 - Jan 23 by BluedanW

Done.

The club may not want to listen. But if the EADT see how many people want him gone they can go report this and it will not look good for the club.

I really want to cancel my season ticket, but it will not achieve anything unless many more people do likewise

They’ve had people moaning at them on social media to call for his head for at least a few weeks - they’re well aware that there’s an appetite from the fans to do it but have repeatedly stated why it’s not as simple as some fans try and make it sound.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 1799 viewsHerbivore

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:26 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Phil, do you get the sense that Lambert leaving is still a way off?

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:51 - Jan 23 with 1731 viewswrightsrightglove

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:34 - Jan 23 by BluedanW

Done.

Many people have cancelled their season tickets, myself included, it’ll take everyone taking individual action to get any reaction from the club. Saying that you haven’t cancelled because it won’t make a difference just isn’t true. Keeping your season ticket definitely won’t make a difference.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:52 - Jan 23 with 1715 viewsjas0999

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:32 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Not sure why a big thing is being made of this really, not sure it has that much impact, other than on the paper concerned if the manager isn't sacked and it hits their relationship with the club.

Quite.

But Lambert must go. What else should the fans do to demonstrate their disappointment?
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:55 - Jan 23 with 1682 viewsPhilTWTD

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:41 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Phil, do you get the sense that Lambert leaving is still a way off?

No, I don't actually, although obviously results will dictate the situation. I'd thought these three games are pretty key to his survival and subsequently had two people in decent positions to know suggest that is the case.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:56 - Jan 23 with 1653 viewschrismakin

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:55 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

No, I don't actually, although obviously results will dictate the situation. I'd thought these three games are pretty key to his survival and subsequently had two people in decent positions to know suggest that is the case.

Excuse my ignorance, when does the transfer window close?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:57 - Jan 23 with 1650 viewsPhilTWTD

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:52 - Jan 23 by jas0999

Quite.

But Lambert must go. What else should the fans do to demonstrate their disappointment?

Well, if we've learnt nothing else over the last few months it's that the club take note of what's on this forum! And wider social media, of course.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 20:01 - Jan 23 with 1610 viewsHARRY10

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 19:55 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Then what ?

The rot stops ?

Five managers and the slide has continued unabated. That might be a clue.

But no, lets stamp our little feet, and demand that the magic fairy will come along and with a wave of her wand it will all be rewound to some point in the late seventies.
Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 20:02 - Jan 23 with 1596 viewsHerbivore

Depressingly I'd take another two defeats this week if it meant Lambert would get the boot.

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 20:04 - Jan 23 with 1580 viewsBlueBadger

Send e-mails to Stuart Watson and Andy Warren of the EADT on 20:01 - Jan 23 by HARRY10

Then what ?

The rot stops ?

Five managers and the slide has continued unabated. That might be a clue.

But no, lets stamp our little feet, and demand that the magic fairy will come along and with a wave of her wand it will all be rewound to some point in the late seventies.

Whilst Evans is THE problem, Lambert is the problem that needs fixing, right now. We sink sink further, faster with him staying on.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024