Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Send McGuinness back 19:42 - Jan 23 with 1546 viewsPique

And not just because of the OG today. I think he seems like a good lad and he’s clearly going to be a decent player, but not with us - all he’s going to do here is learn on the job and make some mistakes (along with some decent performances), but we just can’t afford that with someone who isn’t our player and never will be.

If we’re going to get anywhere in this league we need a couple of old hands at centre back to provide some stability. Starting McGuinness and Nsiala against the top teams in this division is suicide.
Send McGuinness back on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 1527 viewsBluedanW

Agree. Surely we can find a kid in the youth team that can't tackle and can slice the ball into his on net.
Send McGuinness back on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 1487 viewsPique

Send McGuinness back on 19:44 - Jan 23 by BluedanW

Agree. Surely we can find a kid in the youth team that can't tackle and can slice the ball into his on net.

I think he will be a good player, but he’s completely the wrong player for where we are right now. And it’s not doing him any good either.
Send McGuinness back on 20:29 - Jan 23 with 1395 viewsIllinoisblue

And wasn’t it part of the plan to not rely on loanees? When harrop is back we’ll likely be starting games with 3 loan players.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Send McGuinness back on 20:41 - Jan 23 with 1353 viewshave_a_word_with_him

I'm not sure I agree with this, without McGuinness we're pretty thin in defence. It's disappointing Woolfenden isn't getting much game time I agree, but with KYV seemingly not able to get fit, Wilson no-where (what's happened to him?), and Ndaba and Donacien out on loan (baffling?), we're short on options. Especially at full-back, but it's not like PL has had two years to sort that one out is it....
Send McGuinness back on 21:05 - Jan 23 with 1279 viewsChrisd

Send McGuinness back on 20:41 - Jan 23 by have_a_word_with_him

I'm not sure I agree with this, without McGuinness we're pretty thin in defence. It's disappointing Woolfenden isn't getting much game time I agree, but with KYV seemingly not able to get fit, Wilson no-where (what's happened to him?), and Ndaba and Donacien out on loan (baffling?), we're short on options. Especially at full-back, but it's not like PL has had two years to sort that one out is it....

I agree, he’s also one of only a couple of players I can see actually playing for the shirt and giving his all. You can see he’s going to be a good player, certainly higher than the standard we are currently in. For him, it’s his first season in men’s football it’s a huge learning curve, yes he’s going to make mistakes but this desperate need to single him out when other more experienced players could be doing more, getting away with their fair share of mistakes and lack of performance because they are a Town player is totally unfair and unjustified.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:07]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Send McGuinness back on 21:06 - Jan 23 with 1267 viewschrismakin

Send McGuinness back on 20:41 - Jan 23 by have_a_word_with_him

Donacien
Chambers
Woolfy/Nsiala
Ward

That's your options which really is fine for this league.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Send McGuinness back on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 1266 viewsTieDyedIn95

Send McGuinness back on 20:29 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

And wasn’t it part of the plan to not rely on loanees? When harrop is back we’ll likely be starting games with 3 loan players.

They lie.

They say "we'll take the cups seriously" and then we get knocked out of them all.

The say "we'll invest the time into our own youth products" and replace them with loans and frees.

They say "we'll look to develop a style from the ground up and throughout the club" and then we play with absolutely no style at all.

They lie.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Send McGuinness back on 21:30 - Jan 23 with 1199 viewsPique

Send McGuinness back on 21:05 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

I agree, he’s also one of only a couple of players I can see actually playing for the shirt and giving his all. You can see he’s going to be a good player, certainly higher than the standard we are currently in. For him, it’s his first season in men’s football it’s a huge learning curve, yes he’s going to make mistakes but this desperate need to single him out when other more experienced players could be doing more, getting away with their fair share of mistakes and lack of performance because they are a Town player is totally unfair and unjustified.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:07]

I don’t have a desperate need to single anyone out, but this loan is not doing much for him or us. He may well go on to be a top player (as I said in my original post), but he isn’t there yet. In the meantime, this isn’t work experience week, this is a division we have to get out of now, this year, and McGuinness is not the right fit for that IMO.

I agree that virtually our entire defence is substandard and needs a huge overhaul, but that wasn’t the subject of my post.
Login to get fewer ads

Send McGuinness back on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 1140 viewsChrisd

Send McGuinness back on 21:30 - Jan 23 by Pique

I don’t have a desperate need to single anyone out, but this loan is not doing much for him or us. He may well go on to be a top player (as I said in my original post), but he isn’t there yet. In the meantime, this isn’t work experience week, this is a division we have to get out of now, this year, and McGuinness is not the right fit for that IMO.

I agree that virtually our entire defence is substandard and needs a huge overhaul, but that wasn’t the subject of my post.

I actually feel a little sorry for him, having to learn with far more experienced players around him, who should be helping and he’s the one doing their jobs for them. He should have a dependable senior partner that can guide him through games, so perhaps you’re right this loan isn’t right for him, but he’ll learn from it. Of course he’s not the finished article, he’s had about a dozen first team games, he’s having to learn and quickly because others aren’t doing their jobs well enough. Let’s be brutally frank, we aren’t getting out of this division this season, when you’re in the bottom 3 for touches and shots in the opponent’s penalty area, that’s not a team heading for promotion anytime soon.

Send McGuinness back on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Send McGuinness back on 20:29 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

I don’t mind that if they improve the team. McGuiness is just getting in the way of Woolf’s development.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Send McGuinness back on 21:58 - Jan 23 with 1100 viewsPique

Send McGuinness back on 21:45 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

I actually feel a little sorry for him, having to learn with far more experienced players around him, who should be helping and he’s the one doing their jobs for them. He should have a dependable senior partner that can guide him through games, so perhaps you’re right this loan isn’t right for him, but he’ll learn from it. Of course he’s not the finished article, he’s had about a dozen first team games, he’s having to learn and quickly because others aren’t doing their jobs well enough. Let’s be brutally frank, we aren’t getting out of this division this season, when you’re in the bottom 3 for touches and shots in the opponent’s penalty area, that’s not a team heading for promotion anytime soon.

While a lot of that is true, and I also feel sorry for him on a human level, in footballing terms I don’t really care whether he’s learning or not, because he isn’t our player and never will be.

And all the while he’s learning from his mistakes, our own young centre backs aren’t.
Send McGuinness back on 23:29 - Jan 23 with 946 viewsChrisd

Send McGuinness back on 21:58 - Jan 23 by Pique

While a lot of that is true, and I also feel sorry for him on a human level, in footballing terms I don’t really care whether he’s learning or not, because he isn’t our player and never will be.

And all the while he’s learning from his mistakes, our own young centre backs aren’t.

Perhaps our own players can learn to close players down instead of giving them the freedom of Portman Road to cross the ball into our penalty area while standing back and admiring the delivery?

Send McGuinness back on 23:44 - Jan 23 with 907 viewsHerbivore

Send McGuinness back on 23:29 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

Perhaps our own players can learn to close players down instead of giving them the freedom of Portman Road to cross the ball into our penalty area while standing back and admiring the delivery?

Or McGuiness could not slice it into his own net under no pressure? I know you've got a bit of a thing for McGuiness but he's making way too many errors that are costing us goals and points. If he was our own youngster I'd have more sympathy, but there is no long term benefit in playing him for us. Wrong player at the wrong time.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 9:15]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Send McGuinness back on 23:52 - Jan 23 with 879 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Send McGuinness back on 23:29 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

Swindon game is the best example of this.

Furthermore people knocking Nsiala for the penalty today. Perhaps a stupid foul but at least he reacted. Perhaps a wrong decision but at least he made a decision.....The aforementioned Swindon game where we had full of fookin cones in our defence who gave Swindon forwards the freedom of our box. No-one made any decision or reaction to prevent Swindons first goal.

But Woolfenden looked 'distraught' in the interview and people quickly forget how average/poor he's been of late.
Send McGuinness back on 09:04 - Jan 24 with 682 viewsallezlesbleus

Send McGuinness back on 21:07 - Jan 23 by TieDyedIn95

They lie.

They say "we'll take the cups seriously" and then we get knocked out of them all.

The say "we'll invest the time into our own youth products" and replace them with loans and frees.

They say "we'll look to develop a style from the ground up and throughout the club" and then we play with absolutely no style at all.

They lie.

This sums it up completely.

Year after year of waffle and bullsh1t nonsense.

What cr4p will they come up with for the next season ticket campaign?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024