Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryanair thieves 09:14 - Jan 24 with 2722 viewsfergalsharkey

Booked a flight to Eire for 26th jan

Need to change it to end march for obvious reasons.
Spent the last week trying to change it but online app won't accept payment so change not happening.
No telephones being answered and online help is automated shi t.
I despise the company but they are handy with stansted, they are neither cheap or punctual but I use them.
Never again.....this is basic robbery.

Poll: Cook out?

Ryanair thieves on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 2298 viewswkj

Should just use a skateboard.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ryanair thieves on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 2231 viewsfergalsharkey

Ryanair thieves on 09:15 - Jan 24 by wkj

Should just use a skateboard.

Pr1ck

Ryanair thieves on 09:27 - Jan 24 with 2227 viewswkj

Ryanair thieves on 09:25 - Jan 24 by fergalsharkey

Pr1ck

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ryanair thieves on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 2172 viewshoppy

Ryanair thieves on 09:25 - Jan 24 by fergalsharkey

Pr1ck

Don’t know as you’d get far on one of those. I think skateboard as a mode of transport was perhaps a better suggestion.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ryanair thieves on 10:01 - Jan 24 with 2130 viewsMonkeyAlan

I'd just cancel. People won't be moving around for a long time yet.
Ryanair thieves on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 2120 viewsfactual_blue

Ryanair thieves on 09:50 - Jan 24 by hoppy

Don’t know as you’d get far on one of those. I think skateboard as a mode of transport was perhaps a better suggestion.

Better than a moped or a kayak?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ryanair thieves on 10:37 - Jan 24 with 2072 viewsPinewoodblue

When did you book the January flight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ryanair thieves on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 2067 viewsfergalsharkey

Ryanair thieves on 10:01 - Jan 24 by MonkeyAlan

I'd just cancel. People won't be moving around for a long time yet.

You can't cancel its ryanair ya loon.

They don't do cancel ffs.

I despise ryanair more than I'd do ME.
Both sets of cunits.

Login to get fewer ads

Ryanair thieves on 10:44 - Jan 24 with 2051 viewsfergalsharkey

Ryanair thieves on 10:37 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

When did you book the January flight.

November why, whats your clever little diatribe going to contain?

Ryanair thieves on 10:57 - Jan 24 with 2035 viewsBlueBadger

Attach some helium balloons to your moped and travel 'Up' style.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ryanair thieves on 10:59 - Jan 24 with 2029 viewsJamestownPrince

A good flight these days is hard to find

Keep a record of what you tried to do - then Card issuer claim......

Small claims court may well be in order, although they are Dublin based
Ryanair thieves on 11:07 - Jan 24 with 2016 viewsPinewoodblue

Ryanair thieves on 10:44 - Jan 24 by fergalsharkey

November why, whats your clever little diatribe going to contain?

Don’t judge others by your own standards I was simply curious.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ryanair thieves on 11:40 - Jan 24 with 1969 viewsallezlesbleus

Ryanair thieves on 10:38 - Jan 24 by fergalsharkey

You can't cancel its ryanair ya loon.

They don't do cancel ffs.

I despise ryanair more than I'd do ME.
Both sets of cunits.

I had exactly the same problem with Ryanair last September, trying to obtain a refund or reschedule a flight that I had booked a year in advance. No way of contacting them.......eventually found an email address and got some cr4p response about 2 months after my "cancelled flight".
Ryanair thieves on 11:52 - Jan 24 with 1952 viewsfergalsharkey

Ryanair thieves on 11:40 - Jan 24 by allezlesbleus

I had exactly the same problem with Ryanair last September, trying to obtain a refund or reschedule a flight that I had booked a year in advance. No way of contacting them.......eventually found an email address and got some cr4p response about 2 months after my "cancelled flight".

Shouldn't people take a stand against the Irish rats?

Ryanair thieves on 11:53 - Jan 24 with 1949 viewsfergalsharkey

Ryanair thieves on 11:07 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

Don’t judge others by your own standards I was simply curious.

Whats the booking date got to do with it?

Ryanair thieves on 11:54 - Jan 24 with 1946 viewsChurchman

They are the pits of the earth. I’ve had to use them a good few times. Sometimes they are the only choice/offer the right times etc etc and Stansted is easy to get to. But on return I’ve always breathed a sigh of relief that it went ok.

The worst was a few years ago on returning from a golf trip. We were at Girona or Barcelona airport and there was a problem. Loads of Ryanair flights cancelled and there were 100s of people milling about. The harassed Ryanair staff just fled the scene, indicator boards a sea of red. The only info I could get was through er indoors back at home on the Internet. We were facing finding a hotel when our flight came up. The staff appeared and we made our way through the scrum. Weighing in the bags, they’d clearly altered the scales. We’d weighed the luggage really carefully (golf clubs etc so there was a lot of stuff), but basically anyone within 20% of the real limit was hit with a potential fine. It was chaos as we redistributed stuff. We got sorted and got through to evil looks from the 100s left behind.

Ryanair: scum. They make EasyJet look like the royal flight by comparison.
Ryanair thieves on 12:37 - Jan 24 with 1900 viewsAce_High1

Ryanair thieves on 11:54 - Jan 24 by Churchman

They are the pits of the earth. I’ve had to use them a good few times. Sometimes they are the only choice/offer the right times etc etc and Stansted is easy to get to. But on return I’ve always breathed a sigh of relief that it went ok.

The worst was a few years ago on returning from a golf trip. We were at Girona or Barcelona airport and there was a problem. Loads of Ryanair flights cancelled and there were 100s of people milling about. The harassed Ryanair staff just fled the scene, indicator boards a sea of red. The only info I could get was through er indoors back at home on the Internet. We were facing finding a hotel when our flight came up. The staff appeared and we made our way through the scrum. Weighing in the bags, they’d clearly altered the scales. We’d weighed the luggage really carefully (golf clubs etc so there was a lot of stuff), but basically anyone within 20% of the real limit was hit with a potential fine. It was chaos as we redistributed stuff. We got sorted and got through to evil looks from the 100s left behind.

Ryanair: scum. They make EasyJet look like the royal flight by comparison.

I try and avoid them at all costs, but since Easyjet pretty much pulled out from Stansted we are stuck for choice for domestic and short haul flights to Europe.

Easyjet has some faults, but they feel like 1st class compared to Ryanair where everything in the plane (noticed on my last flight not even the pockets in the seat in front). Ryanair charge everything as an extra.

By the way the issues you had was that in summer 2017? I was in Barca that year and a lot of the pilots I think went on strike? My flight was luckily one of the few still running so I was lucky there.
Ryanair thieves on 12:40 - Jan 24 with 1894 viewssolemio

Ryanair make EasyJet look superb - no doubt about that.
Ryanair thieves on 13:06 - Jan 24 with 1865 viewsstonojnr

Ryanair thieves on 12:37 - Jan 24 by Ace_High1

I try and avoid them at all costs, but since Easyjet pretty much pulled out from Stansted we are stuck for choice for domestic and short haul flights to Europe.

Easyjet has some faults, but they feel like 1st class compared to Ryanair where everything in the plane (noticed on my last flight not even the pockets in the seat in front). Ryanair charge everything as an extra.

By the way the issues you had was that in summer 2017? I was in Barca that year and a lot of the pilots I think went on strike? My flight was luckily one of the few still running so I was lucky there.

so go from Southend instead, its just as easy to get to as Stansted is, or even London City, Gatwick, heck even Heathrow might become an option again when Crossrail is up and running properly.

I only book Ryanair if there is absolutely no alternative because of stuff like this, pnce youve paid, theyve got your money and theres little to no chance of you getting it back because thats just how they operate, and they are still successful because people book flights just on their headline price and dont consider theres a bunch of stuff thats worth paying extra for,even just for peace of mind in the best of times, and we certainly arent in the best of times at the moment.

fwiw I think even rebooking for March is a tad optimistic
Ryanair thieves on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1858 viewsChurchman

Ryanair thieves on 12:37 - Jan 24 by Ace_High1

It might well have been that year. You are right about charging for everything. The joke would be on the website ‘£37 return!’ And you’d wind up paying £150 plus. Tbf, still not bad to get one there and back and an absolute dream with the current pandemic.

One of the funniest moments was when my buddy ordered a coffee on the plane. The stewardess brought it, stumbled and tipped it over him. Mayhem. After asking, she grumpily brought him a handful of tissues from the toilet to dab down his white polo shirt and he said ‘Could I have my coffee please?’. ‘Sorry, you’ve had it’ was the response. Mayhem. He got his coffee, but I don’t think he enjoyed it much. God, it was funny.

As you say, sometimes you are stuck for choice with carriers. For our Nuremberg trips, for a few years we went Air Berlin. They were brilliant. Top drawer in every way. They sadly went bust and Ryanair in all their glory took the slots. As the only provider for when we were going, we just had to grin and bear it.
Ryanair thieves on 16:23 - Jan 24 with 1751 viewsMeadowlark

People piling in to Ryanair because they booked a £25 flight to Europe and it isn't Business Class! 😅

And Ryanair is the only carrier who goes there.... 🤣
Ryanair thieves on 16:49 - Jan 24 with 1714 viewsChurchman

Ryanair thieves on 16:23 - Jan 24 by Meadowlark

People piling in to Ryanair because they booked a £25 flight to Europe and it isn't Business Class! 😅

And Ryanair is the only carrier who goes there.... 🤣

No, not piling in. The low cost and carrier and destination points have been made. So has the misleading way in which they advertise and the truly appalling level of service they offer.

There is sometimes no alternative to using Ryanair. My advice is if there is, take it unless it’s Aeroflot or one of the Chinese airlines.
Ryanair thieves on 17:24 - Jan 24 with 1669 viewseastangliaisblue

Ryanair thieves on 16:49 - Jan 24 by Churchman

No, not piling in. The low cost and carrier and destination points have been made. So has the misleading way in which they advertise and the truly appalling level of service they offer.

There is sometimes no alternative to using Ryanair. My advice is if there is, take it unless it’s Aeroflot or one of the Chinese airlines.

Genuine question why wouldn't you fly with any Chinese airlines?
Ryanair thieves on 17:28 - Jan 24 with 1664 viewsMeadowlark

Ryanair thieves on 16:49 - Jan 24 by Churchman

But there is ALWAYS an alternative. It might take longer, and it might cost more, but there you have it.
I've flown with them many times and I've also had to request refunds due to the pandemic. They are not the best, but you know you're getting a cheap service and you know the price before you hit the purchase button.
Knowing this then complaining, or even using them again and still complaining beggars belief.
Ryanair thieves on 18:14 - Jan 24 with 1621 viewsWestover

I have been using Ryanair for over 20 years and have never had a problem that was caused by them, when Air traffic control in France go on strike which they often did a while back passengers would blame them, in normal times Ryanair flights are full of people who have said I'll never fly Ryanair again.

I'm only speaking from our own experience of over 200 flights.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024