Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subs 10:52 - Jan 24 with 682 viewsportmanroadblue

1-0 down with 15mins to go, why replace Drinan with Sears and then continually put high balls into the box? Surely Drinan should have stayed on with Sears.
Subs on 10:53 - Jan 24 with 676 viewsBlueBadger

I think it's probably because our manager is an incompetent fraud who doesn't have the first clue about setting up, coaching or motivating a team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Subs on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 640 viewsPinewoodblue

Subs on 10:53 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

I think it's probably because our manager is an incompetent fraud who doesn't have the first clue about setting up, coaching or motivating a team.

He isn’t very good at putting a decent coaching team together either.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Subs on 11:15 - Jan 24 with 630 viewsbluefunk

Drinan looked shot, he could have been replaced 15 minutes earlier but we didn’t really have an option on the bench because, as Chambers alluded to, other strikers were sitting it out with minor injuries. Players who won’t put themselves out for Lambert or their teammates
Subs on 11:18 - Jan 24 with 624 viewsBlueBadger

Subs on 11:15 - Jan 24 by bluefunk

Drinan looked shot, he could have been replaced 15 minutes earlier but we didn’t really have an option on the bench because, as Chambers alluded to, other strikers were sitting it out with minor injuries. Players who won’t put themselves out for Lambert or their teammates

I wonder how Mick would have handled Norwood, had he inherited him - would it have been a Taylor-style bombing out or an exhortation to step up first?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Subs on 11:23 - Jan 24 with 606 viewsbluefunk

Subs on 11:18 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

I wonder how Mick would have handled Norwood, had he inherited him - would it have been a Taylor-style bombing out or an exhortation to step up first?

One thing MM definitely would have done would have been to communicate directly with him. If we are to take Lambert at his word he never knows how any injured player is, something which could easily be remedied by talking to the player. In doing that, a variety of issues would be addressed from, “ sort yourself out or your toast” to the supportive arm round the shoulder.
Subs on 11:28 - Jan 24 with 596 viewsBlueySwede

While I am not really happy with Lambert or agree with all the lineups/formations at the moment, I think the subs yesterday really brightened us up. Drinan was knackered. We lack a decent striker at the moment, and why midfielders has been prioritized this transfer window I will never understand.
Subs on 12:11 - Jan 24 with 549 viewsGuthrum

Why wait until there's only 15 minutes to go, rather than 30?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Subs on 12:37 - Jan 24 with 534 viewsRomeo4

I think the subs were about right but just made about 15-20 mins too late.

I think there also a case for giving Dozzell a rest and trying something different in the MF.
Login to get fewer ads

Subs on 12:48 - Jan 24 with 523 viewsjayessess

I know we often see 4-4-2 as the big solution to everything but Drinan was so far off it. The mistake was leaving him on for 30 minutes too long.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Subs on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 508 viewsmonty_radio

Surely we all know the answer to the original question : we're rubbish with two up top!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024