Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am falling out of love with the game 12:41 - Jan 24 with 1169 viewsBlueNomad

I watch Town on iFollow out of duty these days, my emotions are numb even when we win, the PL has become a bloated monster, I don’t know the names of many players anymore and I never watch MOTD now. I’ve got an Amazon Prime account but have only watched the highlights of one Leeds game to see what the fuss is about.

I only hope that when watching Town becomes fun again, and I can meet up at the pub before a game in front of 20k, that my love returns.

Anyone else feel the same?
I am falling out of love with the game on 13:17 - Jan 24 with 1106 viewsVaughan8

You've done well to last until now.

You're definitely not alone. It's come to the point where I almost laugh when we lose.

The first time in my life I've been embarrassed to tell people who I support.

Let's hope it changes soon!
I am falling out of love with the game on 13:36 - Jan 24 with 1064 viewsDebsyAngel

Felt like it a few years, but since covid, register barely any interest. Yes, I watch our home matches on IFollow, but my husband still likes to watch Match of the Day and EFL, while I just glance at it occasionally. I only really watch the highlights of Spurs and QPR (who husband supports) but just feel it's a chore to watch football, but I still do it as it would be another thing gone from my life if I did and would lose all interest in football full stop.

I miss the matchday experience, the people I used to see on the journeys in and home, and the people I chat to next to me and at half time. It was more that I looked forward to than actual matches in the last couple of years.
I am falling out of love with the game on 14:06 - Jan 24 with 1011 viewsBent_double

Yes, same here.

Supporting Ipswich these last 15+ years has just ground me down to the point of total apathy for football in general.

I only watch MOTD if I haven't seen/heard the PL results, even then it doesn't really grab my attention.

I only watch the EFL highlights when we've won, so not very often.

Even these live FA Cup games on the BBC don't do much for me, apart from remind me how bad we are, and if we were playing Man City or Chelsea, we'd be 4-0 down by h/t and barely getting over the halfway line.

I just want a team to be proud of again - don't care if we never get in the PL again - Championship would be nice though - not too much to ask for, is it Marcus??

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I am falling out of love with the game on 14:09 - Jan 24 with 997 viewsStokieBlue

I still watch town and the kids still enjoy it even though we are tosh. I think the excitement might come back if Lambert is shown the door.

In general though I don't tend to watch MOTD or much other football, even now I am watching the Tata Steel Chess tournament live rather than Chelsea vs Luton so you can make your own conclusions from that on how I currently feel about football.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I am falling out of love with the game on 14:22 - Jan 24 with 935 viewsChurchman

If Evans goes and/or destroys it totally and a new club starts up at the bottom or wherever, I will support it in whatever way I can. It’ll be my club again and it’ll be fun.

Until then he can stick his portfolio up where the sun don’t shine. I always want us to win and do well, but I don’t connect with the club the way I once did. It’s not the same in any way shape or form. Not a penny of mine will find it’s way into Evans’ grasping hands now.
I am falling out of love with the game on 14:31 - Jan 24 with 907 viewsRomeo4

I fell out of love with elite football a few years ago. Too much money at the top of the game. It’s lost touch.

Still love ITFC though. If anything the club has become more important to me as my attention has gradually been withdrawn from the wider game.

Perhaps if we can start to rise again (& this seems very unlikely right now) my interest in Championship and above will be rekindled to some extent.
I am falling out of love with the game on 14:36 - Jan 24 with 873 viewsFtnfwest

Very poor fayre at the moment. Tbh I haven’t looked forward to a game for the sheer reason that I’m looking forward to seeing us dominate another side and play exciting football etc for 12 years or so. For the importance of it I obviously was up for the play off in 2015 but since then nothing. I dread games now.
Premier league - well I watch a fair few games but only in the hope it’ll be entertaining which it usually isn’t.
Most of those are dominated by who can cheat the best, something we’re also at the bottom of the form table for.
Hoping the euros can go ahead in June or whenever to bring a bit of interest back
I am falling out of love with the game on 14:36 - Jan 24 with 870 viewsfooters

Town were pretty much the only thing keeping me interested in football at all for the last few years. Still watch other teams if at the pub/with mates but never watch MOTD or anything else out of choice now.

The Prem is a soulless money pit of franchise-style clubs that care more about their international sponsorship deals than the game and the money is simply out of control, it's going to destroy a lot more clubs very soon if it continues.

And now I'm really not sure what I'm doing spending time and energy even thinking about Town. It's a feeling of total numbness and apathy, and it stems right from the top.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

I am falling out of love with the game on 14:46 - Jan 24 with 827 viewsAce_High1

We make football such hard work (have done for last 13-15 years) that it sucks all the fun out of it. All we hear is about other clubs budgets, all our injuries, how good other teams are, scrapping for draws against likes of Rotherham, Burton, Southend etc.

I found I completely stopped going to ITFC (not been since 2016) and now find I enjoy watching big Champions League matches, the odd PL game and then the summer Euros/World Cups. Other than that I don't watch much.

Prefer watching a days cricket.
I am falling out of love with the game on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 787 viewsstantheman

I am falling out of love with the game on 14:09 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

I still watch town and the kids still enjoy it even though we are tosh. I think the excitement might come back if Lambert is shown the door.

In general though I don't tend to watch MOTD or much other football, even now I am watching the Tata Steel Chess tournament live rather than Chelsea vs Luton so you can make your own conclusions from that on how I currently feel about football.

SB

It's got so bad that watching the bowls holds more excitement than watching football now.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 14:58]
I am falling out of love with the game on 17:57 - Jan 24 with 677 viewsScuzzer

PL is sterile and uninteresting. The rule changes to accommodate VAR has made the game ridiculous...take the two offside divisions this week. It has become politicized and tries to ram a singular viewpoint down the watching public's throats. But they can easily do do this as no fans in the ground allows them to. I think that during this pandemic it has proven that the game without fans is an empty shell, a vacuous entity with not a lot of identity. I had intended to solely concentrate on Town this year but there has been nothing to hold my interest at all...its been a season of one disaster after another. I do watch iFollow when I can...but it is so grim and disheartening to watch...talking about our performances not the technical quality of the service. In short it's just like the year we have had...grim.

Established 1968

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:00 - Jan 24 with 664 viewsNthQldITFC

Yeah, I feel the same. Not interested at all in the corporate glitz-fest that the first division has become. Not interested in whining, injury-feigning pratts with silly haircuts - I can go and watch my local pub team play for that - or purchased success. Bring back, mud, blood and Bovril.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:05]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:07 - Jan 24 with 634 viewschrismakin

I find football has changed into this modern tippy tappy football from the back rubbish, yes it's pleasing for pundits etc to say look how fancy Man City are, Look how Liverpool scored after 60 passes. Even when Arsenal played Wenger football, it wasn't like football today, it was fast, from between the midfield and the strikers.

I miss the days of proper football, tough tackling in the middle of the park, strikers working hard against the defenders chasing loose balls, never knowing who's going to come out on top. Players like Vinny Jones, then Keane, Viera, Rooney etc you don't get these players anymore it's all fancy fancy stuff, a slight bit of contact and a player goes down like he's been shot

Add in how crap ipswich has been and the fact we've tried to become a passing from the back team, I Hate it with a passion

I loved the Burley years of being direct, fullbacks bombing on and getting the ball wide, whipping crosses in and winning games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:13 - Jan 24 with 625 viewsLeoMuff

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:07 - Jan 24 by chrismakin

I find football has changed into this modern tippy tappy football from the back rubbish, yes it's pleasing for pundits etc to say look how fancy Man City are, Look how Liverpool scored after 60 passes. Even when Arsenal played Wenger football, it wasn't like football today, it was fast, from between the midfield and the strikers.

I miss the days of proper football, tough tackling in the middle of the park, strikers working hard against the defenders chasing loose balls, never knowing who's going to come out on top. Players like Vinny Jones, then Keane, Viera, Rooney etc you don't get these players anymore it's all fancy fancy stuff, a slight bit of contact and a player goes down like he's been shot

Add in how crap ipswich has been and the fact we've tried to become a passing from the back team, I Hate it with a passion

I loved the Burley years of being direct, fullbacks bombing on and getting the ball wide, whipping crosses in and winning games.

I feel like this and some of my friends too, must be many many others across the country if we feel this way, unless it is the car crash that is ITFC that brings this on ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:16 - Jan 24 with 609 viewschrismakin

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:13 - Jan 24 by LeoMuff

I feel like this and some of my friends too, must be many many others across the country if we feel this way, unless it is the car crash that is ITFC that brings this on ?

I Don't know if the lack of fans makes it look worse on telly, but I find football so slow to watch, regardless of the tempo of the side, it still seems to take so long before an attack is made and now you have VAR thrown in too it's really painful to watch for me.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I am falling out of love with the game on 18:39 - Jan 24 with 567 viewsTractorWood

Same same. I watch us on iFollow occasionally if I have nothing else going on. I literally never watch MOTD and only the very occasional Prem Game. I'd probably say I'm an Ipswich fan more than a general football affeciando these days. A few years ago I'd watch every kick of basically anything.

I'm really into cycling, running (trail and fells) and triathlon. I'll watch the Tour de France, the Giro, the Vuelta and any ad-hoc races I can find.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024