Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club buy out 14:00 - Jan 24 with 2019 viewsmkbobby

Does anyone know how much it would take to buy out Marcus evans and to run the club if there was a chance someone could afford it or want to
Club buy out on 14:12 - Jan 24 with 1817 viewsJ2BLUE

To buy the club excluding the players: £20m

To buy the club including the players: £16m

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Club buy out on 14:16 - Jan 24 with 1789 viewsnoggin

Why would anyone want it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Club buy out on 14:17 - Jan 24 with 1777 viewscatch74

Club buy out on 14:12 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

A packet of polos if you take the manager.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Club buy out on 16:13 - Jan 24 with 1650 viewsGeorge25

Well Sunderland in 2019 went for about £20M plus add on. So I reckon anything below that, then with some sort of agreement for payment if we get to the prem in the next few years after the takeover.
Club buy out on 16:24 - Jan 24 with 1617 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Club buy out on 14:12 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Harsh...but fair!

Poll: Our final position

Club buy out on 16:30 - Jan 24 with 1598 viewscasanovacrow

What assets would you actually be buying other than a shed load of debt?
Club buy out on 16:34 - Jan 24 with 1583 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 16:30 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

What assets would you actually be buying other than a shed load of debt?

Pretty sure the debt would go as it’s all owed to Evans and he happy for it to be wiped when he goes
Club buy out on 16:42 - Jan 24 with 1556 viewscasanovacrow

Club buy out on 16:34 - Jan 24 by George25

Pretty sure the debt would go as it’s all owed to Evans and he happy for it to be wiped when he goes

I can't see Evans writing off all the debt for the kind of sum he'd get for the club in its current position.
Login to get fewer ads

Club buy out on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 1529 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 16:42 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

I can't see Evans writing off all the debt for the kind of sum he'd get for the club in its current position.

Yh but the issue is no one is going to pay £100m for us( assuming the debt £100M). I’d imagine If he was going to sell it would be something like £20M upfront fee then he would receive £70m if we got the prem in X seasons. With it getting smaller for each year on.

Think he would be happy with that as he would benefit from success post sell.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 16:49]
Club buy out on 17:03 - Jan 24 with 1482 viewsnoggin

Club buy out on 16:48 - Jan 24 by George25

Yh but the issue is no one is going to pay £100m for us( assuming the debt £100M). I’d imagine If he was going to sell it would be something like £20M upfront fee then he would receive £70m if we got the prem in X seasons. With it getting smaller for each year on.

Why would the new owner want promotion to the PL with that deal?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Club buy out on 17:18 - Jan 24 with 1446 viewswkj

Club buy out on 17:03 - Jan 24 by noggin

Indeed, this sort of deal would ultimately create a situation where success would be failure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Club buy out on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 1444 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:03 - Jan 24 by noggin

They would be getting football club for a fraction of the value
Club buy out on 17:25 - Jan 24 with 1428 viewswkj

Club buy out on 17:20 - Jan 24 by George25

They would be getting football club for a fraction of the value

and lumbered with a time window where promotion to the premier league would have virtually no benefit. Don't forget that the team would still continue to rack up debt and need sizeable investment to stay afloat, especially during Covid times.

Promotion to the PL would help recuperate that rotating investment but to pay an additional fee up to £70m in one fell swoop would leave the new owner(s) considerably out of pocket with no tangible assets gained. Unless by some miracle we'd managed to survive in the PL with no investment - let's face it - that wont happen for any team, let alone ours.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 17:26]

Crybaby

Club buy out on 17:27 - Jan 24 with 1423 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:18 - Jan 24 by wkj

Indeed, this sort of deal would ultimately create a situation where success would be failure.

But that how football club outside the premier league tend to be sold, unless the owners happy to receive minimal payments. We could be haunted by Evans for years
Club buy out on 17:30 - Jan 24 with 1418 viewsbournemouthblue

Club buy out on 16:48 - Jan 24 by George25

I thought some kind of deal was done where it was agreed Evans wouldn't sell the club on with debt?

He may include the debt in his valuing, who knows? Essentially you get the training ground, club and playing assets?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Club buy out on 17:31 - Jan 24 with 1406 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:25 - Jan 24 by wkj

and lumbered with a time window where promotion to the premier league would have virtually no benefit. Don't forget that the team would still continue to rack up debt and need sizeable investment to stay afloat, especially during Covid times.

Promotion to the PL would help recuperate that rotating investment but to pay an additional fee up to £70m in one fell swoop would leave the new owner(s) considerably out of pocket with no tangible assets gained. Unless by some miracle we'd managed to survive in the PL with no investment - let's face it - that wont happen for any team, let alone ours.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 17:26]

Wasn’t clear in what isaid. What I meant was Evans would probably want that additional payment if we were to get promoted a couple of seasons after the sale and the £70m owed would be paid off instalments over the period in the PL or PP if relegated. Yes the new owner would have to invest heavily but would still be benefited as they would not have to pay 100m upfront when buying.
Club buy out on 17:33 - Jan 24 with 1398 viewsElephantintheRoom

He bought the club for £8million did he not, when it was a championship team in the play off positions having recently won the FA Youth Cup.

Having taken them down a division, divested the club of all talented players and the training ground the club is clearly not worth what it once was, even if you ignore the massive losses allegedly accrued as the club spirals downwards

£1 might secure the club - but then there is the small problem of keeping it going in a pandemc

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Club buy out on 17:34 - Jan 24 with 1393 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:30 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

I thought some kind of deal was done where it was agreed Evans wouldn't sell the club on with debt?

He may include the debt in his valuing, who knows? Essentially you get the training ground, club and playing assets?

I imagine they would buy it for a £1 plus the amount of debt Evans wants to be paid, the rest would be cleared for nothing. The 100m example would be if wanted it all paid to him.
Club buy out on 17:36 - Jan 24 with 1388 viewswkj

Club buy out on 17:31 - Jan 24 by George25

Wasn’t clear in what isaid. What I meant was Evans would probably want that additional payment if we were to get promoted a couple of seasons after the sale and the £70m owed would be paid off instalments over the period in the PL or PP if relegated. Yes the new owner would have to invest heavily but would still be benefited as they would not have to pay 100m upfront when buying.

I mean, it would be great if this unicorn of a scenario could work out, but it certainly would never be possible with a fan consortium. It took us a very long time to fund Kevin Beatie's statue, one of - if not THE best players of our history - I simply don't think there is enough disposable income among town fans to make it happen.

The only way Marcus will sell ITFC is if something insane happens - and that is
A.) Evans cuts his losses
B.) Some mega rich folks swoop in and bend over for Evans.

Crybaby

Club buy out on 17:36 - Jan 24 with 1382 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:33 - Jan 24 by ElephantintheRoom

He bought the club for £8million did he not, when it was a championship team in the play off positions having recently won the FA Youth Cup.

Having taken them down a division, divested the club of all talented players and the training ground the club is clearly not worth what it once was, even if you ignore the massive losses allegedly accrued as the club spirals downwards

£1 might secure the club - but then there is the small problem of keeping it going in a pandemc

He bought it for £32m I thought? Paying off the debt to Aviva and barcalys
Club buy out on 17:51 - Jan 24 with 1331 viewsstiff_talking

Club buy out on 17:36 - Jan 24 by George25

He bought it for £32m I thought? Paying off the debt to Aviva and barcalys

He negotiated purchase price of 25 million but left the debt at 45m to the club

So part of the debt he actually reports is false figure
Club buy out on 17:57 - Jan 24 with 1306 viewssuffolkpoker

Club buy out on 17:51 - Jan 24 by stiff_talking

He negotiated purchase price of 25 million but left the debt at 45m to the club

So part of the debt he actually reports is false figure

I don’t remember what he paid for us.
I do remember him buying our £25m debt from Barclays for £5m and keeping the debt in full £25m owed to him

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Club buy out on 18:02 - Jan 24 with 1293 viewsGeorge25

Club buy out on 17:57 - Jan 24 by suffolkpoker

I don’t remember what he paid for us.
I do remember him buying our £25m debt from Barclays for £5m and keeping the debt in full £25m owed to him

According to Wikipedia he paid £12 million for 87.5% shares and paid £32 in debt owed
Club buy out on 18:05 - Jan 24 with 1281 viewssuffolkpoker

Club buy out on 18:02 - Jan 24 by George25

According to Wikipedia he paid £12 million for 87.5% shares and paid £32 in debt owed

That debt from Barclays he paid 20p to the pound.
I swear EADT reported it at the time

Club buy out on 18:08 - Jan 24 with 1272 viewssuffolkpoker

Club buy out on 18:05 - Jan 24 by suffolkpoker

That debt from Barclays he paid 20p to the pound.
I swear EADT reported it at the time

Just found this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2009/apr/23/marcus-e

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024