Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? 21:10 - Jan 24 with 4108 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely no need to, just let it slide.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:11 - Jan 24 with 2160 viewsSomethingBlue

It was really flat and half-8rsed, to boot.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:12 - Jan 24 with 2150 viewspointofblue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:11 - Jan 24 by SomethingBlue

Just like everything relating to the club. To be fair, I don't think they could have left the press calling for the manager's head to fester unanswered.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:12 - Jan 24 with 2139 viewsJ2BLUE

Probably just saw it as a good opportunity for LON to try out his GCSE English.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 with 2132 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ll be honest, I think this is strange timing from the local media.

There have been worse performances and results than Saturday’s against Posh. They didn’t speak up when we were utter gash against Swindon or Portsmouth.

We could quite easily be sitting in the play off positions on Tuesday night. Surely the time to have gone for Lambert would be on Wednesday morning if we lose against Sunderland.

I can’t help thinking this is a knee jerk reaction to criticism on Twitter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 with 2147 viewsPhilTWTD

Agree, they needn't have commented. Overreacting again as they did at the start of December - Lee O'Neill interview and Marcus's statement - when PL asked for public support after the reaction to my ban and what he saw as negative media coverage.
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 2089 viewsPhilTWTD

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

There have been worse performances and results than Saturday’s against Posh. They didn’t speak up when we were utter gash against Swindon or Portsmouth.

We could quite easily be sitting in the play off positions on Tuesday night. Surely the time to have gone for Lambert would be on Wednesday morning if we lose against Sunderland.

Or they've heard similar to me that things actually are getting closer to an end.
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 2068 viewsStokieBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

"We could quite easily be sitting in the play off positions on Tuesday night."

Nice bottle with dinner I hope.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:15 - Jan 24 with 2033 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:14 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Or they've heard similar to me that things actually are getting closer to an end.

Which doesn’t reflect well on them. Makes them look like Murdoch jumping in whichever horse he thinks will win.

If they believe that Lambert should go then they should have come out weeks ago.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 with 2028 viewsSomethingBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:12 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

Just like everything relating to the club. To be fair, I don't think they could have left the press calling for the manager's head to fester unanswered.

Honestly, I wouldn't have said anything if I were them - unless there was something new to offer.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 with 1995 viewsCoco

it's really not about one game.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 with 2015 viewsitfcjoe

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Agree, they needn't have commented. Overreacting again as they did at the start of December - Lee O'Neill interview and Marcus's statement - when PL asked for public support after the reaction to my ban and what he saw as negative media coverage.

It makes a bigger deal out of it, and further deteriorates any good will remaining.

There is such a paranoia at the heart of the club though, they don't know up from down at the moment

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:17 - Jan 24 with 1981 viewsJ2BLUE

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:15 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Which doesn’t reflect well on them. Makes them look like Murdoch jumping in whichever horse he thinks will win.

If they believe that Lambert should go then they should have come out weeks ago.

We need all the help we can get. Lets just be grateful. Even if they know it's close it's another bit of pressure to act quickly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:18 - Jan 24 with 1963 viewsitfcjoe

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:11 - Jan 24 by SomethingBlue

Just a tentative vote of confidence - zero point in it other than further antagonising people, especially when he could be sacked in 48 hours

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:19 - Jan 24 with 1925 viewsjeera

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 by SomethingBlue

Honestly, I wouldn't have said anything if I were them - unless there was something new to offer.

That's because you're a trained professional.

That couldn't be a much further concept from this lot.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:19 - Jan 24 with 1892 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:14 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

"We could quite easily be sitting in the play off positions on Tuesday night."

Nice bottle with dinner I hope.

SB

In a two horse race, anything can happen. Sunderland are as inconsistent as we are.

I just think it’s strange timing.

If, and it’s a big if, we get three points on Tuesday then the wind is taken out if their sails. Whereas if we get hammered on Tuesday then they would have universal support. Except maybe from Frank in Holland.

Iron Lion Zion

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:19 - Jan 24 with 1897 viewscasanovacrow

Does this mean your banishment would come to an end too?
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:20 - Jan 24 with 1864 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 by Coco

it's really not about one game.

My point entirely.

Iron Lion Zion

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:20 - Jan 24 with 1864 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans not got his new man lines up yet, hence the delay?
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:20 - Jan 24 with 1859 viewsParky

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:13 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Understand the spokesperson isn’t exactly going to come out and say “yeah he’s going soon” - doesn’t the fact that they’ve made a statement indicate that Evans is genuinely still in full support and Lambert isn’t going anywhere?
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:21 - Jan 24 with 1845 viewsDublinBlue84

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:15 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

What, just because some immature baying mod from a certain podcast were giving it loads?

That particular podcast that has been egging the local media on and attacking pretty much the whole local media for weeks and weeks and having pathetic digs at other podcasts as well constantly which comes across very poorly.

It's actually driven me away from listening to them as they have no clue as to how the decisions in the newspapers are made or what has to go into a decision. It's not a simple as they seem to think.

No doubt on they're next show they'll all be taking credit for it, because that is the kind of ego-centeric people who are running it. Give me the level headed Blue Monday or Andy, Stu, or TWTD any day.

It's clear that it's time to go for Lambert and has been for some time, he should have gone at the end of last season and he's well overstayed his welcome at this point. Watson explained a week or two ago why they hadn't made the decision up to that point, which made perfect sense to anyone of any iota about the industry.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 21:22]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:21 - Jan 24 with 1844 viewsjeera

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:19 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

Due to be appointed Tuesday morning.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:21 - Jan 24 with 1822 viewsgordon

Surely they must rely on access to the club for player interviews etc., and they would have to consider the extremely unlikely possibility that Lambert would remain as manager for another 5 years (or whatever) during which they would be frozen out.
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:23 - Jan 24 with 1788 viewsPhilTWTD

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:16 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

It makes a bigger deal out of it, and further deteriorates any good will remaining.

There is such a paranoia at the heart of the club though, they don't know up from down at the moment

Lack of guidance from the top. As you say, could have ignored it and it the issue would have been less of a story. I wouldn't have covered the papers' call until the club released the statement, for example.
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:24 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsPhilTWTD

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:19 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

You'd like to hope so but it has been suggested otherwise. But we'll see as and when.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:25 - Jan 24 with 1691 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why even bother to make the statement as a club? on 21:21 - Jan 24 by gordon

Surely they must rely on access to the club for player interviews etc., and they would have to consider the extremely unlikely possibility that Lambert would remain as manager for another 5 years (or whatever) during which they would be frozen out.

Thank God we have Phil Ham who had the courage of his convictions.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024