Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans and the club 09:40 - Jan 25 with 3492 viewsclive_baker

Have absolutely zero idea how much damage they're doing right now do they? It's quite staggering really, I do wonder if the lack of fans in the ground is contributing to their spectacular misreading of the sentiment among fans. I think they're completely underestimating the feeling, and long-term damage this is doing.

The opportunity cost to all of this is massive. If they think it's a case of switching the manager at any point and they'll all come rushing back, I really do think they'll be in for a shock. A lot of fans are fast approaching a point beyond turning back now I fear.

Swift action please Mr Evans, or you might well live to regret this for a long, long time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Evans and the club on 09:42 - Jan 25 with 2966 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I dislike Evans, but he's pretty clever right? Knows people in football?
Surely he knows, or at the very least, he has people telling him the damage that is being done?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 9:42]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans and the club on 09:47 - Jan 25 with 2933 viewsFixed_It

I have little doubt that Lambert would be gone by now if crowds were at games.
5 home losses out of 6?
33.3% of games he's been manager without scoring?
Outside the play-offs, in the THIRD Division? Again?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans and the club on 09:49 - Jan 25 with 2906 viewsHerbivore

Evans and the club on 09:47 - Jan 25 by Fixed_It

I have little doubt that Lambert would be gone by now if crowds were at games.
5 home losses out of 6?
33.3% of games he's been manager without scoring?
Outside the play-offs, in the THIRD Division? Again?

Is it really a third of games we've not scored in? Of all the statistics highlighting how inept Lambert has been, that is particularly striking.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans and the club on 09:50 - Jan 25 with 2889 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans and the club on 09:42 - Jan 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Surely he knows, or at the very least, he has people telling him the damage that is being done?

He listens to people like Redknapp and Fry, so is pretty clueless when it comes to football, but pretty sussed at moving money around for his pet dogs to look after in their accounts etc... The damage is already done. The fans have had enough. It takes us a long time to wake up in sleepy Suffolk. But now there are stirrings and once the fans get the bit between their teeth he needs to watch out. He really has underestimated local feeling. But then muppets like him always do.
Evans and the club on 09:52 - Jan 25 with 2875 viewsIpswichKnight

I think your right and it’s allowing Fraudbert to dictate the narrative. If we were in the ground the boos and shouts of Lambert out would be very loud. Instead Fraudbert can say it will be better once the injuries come back, need re-enforcements and we’re just unlucky.

I’m sure the club are reading the replies to there statements and must realise now just how badly they’ve read the room. Hopefully come Wednesday morning we get a different and more welcoming statement about Fraudbert in announcing that he’s gone.
Evans and the club on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 2820 viewstractorboy1978

I was having this discussion with a mate last night. At best they've eroded away any credit to the point that the next inevitable mistake they make will be catastrophic. And every day PL is still here and they keep backing him erodes that away even further. Quite a few people are done already.

What really baffles me is how they don't grasp how universally despised PL is now. Personally, PL could get us promoted from here and my opinion would not change. He is not the man to lead this club forwards, plain and simple as that. The ship has sailed, it is untenable. Any attempts to generate any goodwill from here (not that they seem bothered about doing it) are pointless and will not work whilst he is still at the football club.
Evans and the club on 10:35 - Jan 25 with 2742 viewsEireannach_gorm

Evans and the club on 10:01 - Jan 25 by tractorboy1978

I was having this discussion with a mate last night. At best they've eroded away any credit to the point that the next inevitable mistake they make will be catastrophic. And every day PL is still here and they keep backing him erodes that away even further. Quite a few people are done already.

What really baffles me is how they don't grasp how universally despised PL is now. Personally, PL could get us promoted from here and my opinion would not change. He is not the man to lead this club forwards, plain and simple as that. The ship has sailed, it is untenable. Any attempts to generate any goodwill from here (not that they seem bothered about doing it) are pointless and will not work whilst he is still at the football club.

Bit like the Mick departure .................. only a division lower.
Evans and the club on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 2737 viewschicoazul

Evans and the club on 09:42 - Jan 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

He’s a complete moron in the ownership of a club sense and the biggest loser in English football. This is proven.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans and the club on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 2721 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, unless he gets the next manager spot on, and they hit the fround running and don't look back then the pressure and anger towards Evans just simply won't dissipate.

He's been told how bad things are, he knows it's past the point of no return, and he know's how much damage he is doing to both the club and his reputation.

That he continues to do so is crazy - giving Lambert the opportunity to nick a win and delay the inevitable is unforgivable.

A win tomorrow is the worst thing that can happen to us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans and the club on 10:43 - Jan 25 with 2690 viewsMetal_Hacker

Evans has ruined this club.Totally and utterly ruined it

There will be no fix under his tenure I'm sure of that .The only way this debacle can be corrected is by ME finding a buyer who is going to be willing to take on a 5 year plan to get this once great club back on track from top to bottom

There'd have to be some major engagement with the fan base that's for sure but I'm kind of thinking that'll be pretty tough as we saw this happen 2 years ago when PL arrived

I'm lost for ideas and totally and really have nothing left but empathy for all the supporters concerned

Just make them both go ffs

Poll: If it were one or the other

Evans and the club on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 2667 viewsSomethingBlue

Spot and and all this is hugely exacerbated in a pandemic when it is going to be hard to secure fans' commitment/money for next season even in a best case scenario. It is absolutely astonishing that the club is sitting on its hands — and I can only see it ending very badly unless the next appointment is (1) made instantly and (2) absolutely perfect.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 10:47]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Evans and the club on 10:48 - Jan 25 with 2653 viewschicoazul

Evans and the club on 10:43 - Jan 25 by Metal_Hacker

Evans has ruined this club.Totally and utterly ruined it

There will be no fix under his tenure I'm sure of that .The only way this debacle can be corrected is by ME finding a buyer who is going to be willing to take on a 5 year plan to get this once great club back on track from top to bottom

There'd have to be some major engagement with the fan base that's for sure but I'm kind of thinking that'll be pretty tough as we saw this happen 2 years ago when PL arrived

I'm lost for ideas and totally and really have nothing left but empathy for all the supporters concerned

Just make them both go ffs

The thing is the club represents an excellent opportunity for someone
Look at the success Southampton and others have had recently, the right owner could make that happen here with a bit of money a bit of luck and a decent southwest wind
And don’t tell me Evans hasn’t had suitors because he will have done no doubt about that but obviously he wants a price or a deal that won’t suit any buyer right now

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Evans and the club on 10:55 - Jan 25 with 2621 viewsclive_baker

Evans and the club on 10:40 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

Yep, unless he gets the next manager spot on, and they hit the fround running and don't look back then the pressure and anger towards Evans just simply won't dissipate.

He's been told how bad things are, he knows it's past the point of no return, and he know's how much damage he is doing to both the club and his reputation.

That he continues to do so is crazy - giving Lambert the opportunity to nick a win and delay the inevitable is unforgivable.

A win tomorrow is the worst thing that can happen to us

Its the "he knows it's past the point of no return" bit that I question. Evans sounded out Paul Cook in the summer when he left Wigan, but he allowed Lambert to take us forward. We start well, which keeps the wolves from the door for a bit, we then hit the inevitable run of poor form which Lambert can attempt to justify with injuries. Evans has just backed him with 2 signings, neither of which were cheap I would guess, and he's publicly coming out in support of him as recently as last night.

It feels like Lambert is only a couple of wins away from topping up his credit for another month of dross until he's fired. Alternatively he's a couple of defeats away from getting the chop. It's no way to run a football club, if ME knows he's done, and has done for the best part of a year probably, it's unforgivable that he hasn't acted already and is so influenced by one result to the next.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Evans and the club on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 2608 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans and the club on 10:47 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

Spot and and all this is hugely exacerbated in a pandemic when it is going to be hard to secure fans' commitment/money for next season even in a best case scenario. It is absolutely astonishing that the club is sitting on its hands — and I can only see it ending very badly unless the next appointment is (1) made instantly and (2) absolutely perfect.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 10:47]

I've made similar points when I've spoken to people at the club. The idea that all is going to be forgotten and the mood will entirely be transformed once a change of manager is made - as they appear to think - is unlikely to be the case unless they manage an appointment which is far different to the type which is ME's usual off-the-merry-go-round veteran.
Evans and the club on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 2583 viewsitfcjoe

Evans and the club on 10:55 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

Its the "he knows it's past the point of no return" bit that I question. Evans sounded out Paul Cook in the summer when he left Wigan, but he allowed Lambert to take us forward. We start well, which keeps the wolves from the door for a bit, we then hit the inevitable run of poor form which Lambert can attempt to justify with injuries. Evans has just backed him with 2 signings, neither of which were cheap I would guess, and he's publicly coming out in support of him as recently as last night.

It feels like Lambert is only a couple of wins away from topping up his credit for another month of dross until he's fired. Alternatively he's a couple of defeats away from getting the chop. It's no way to run a football club, if ME knows he's done, and has done for the best part of a year probably, it's unforgivable that he hasn't acted already and is so influenced by one result to the next.

I think to some extent he's a gambler chasing his losses, both at the club, and with Lambert - continually giving him one more chance, so guess you are right with regards to point of no return.

Loan signings weren't actually a big investment, and think they were more club signings than Lambert signings per se......but we just have to hope Lambert can't scrape enough to continue with, as he has been doing for too long now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans and the club on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 2562 viewsDanTheMan

Evans and the club on 10:58 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

I've made similar points when I've spoken to people at the club. The idea that all is going to be forgotten and the mood will entirely be transformed once a change of manager is made - as they appear to think - is unlikely to be the case unless they manage an appointment which is far different to the type which is ME's usual off-the-merry-go-round veteran.

Yup.

I've always felt that whilst I would often not agree with how Evans ran the club, his heart was in the right place and would step in if stuff got too bad, a bit like he apparently did in the summer telling Lambert to cut out the crazy formation and squad changes and to play a better style of football (which in typical ME fashion has gone swimmingly).

However the stuff with you, the statement where he had a pop at the fans, then the "sorry if I offended you" statement are just really terrible. Let alone backing a manager who has done absolutely nothing to warrant it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Evans and the club on 11:04 - Jan 25 with 2557 viewsCoastalblue

I think the only thing that will help Evans in the short term is a Hurst style appointment that works, up and coming manager who can get his teeth into a project and do it succesfully.

Being that he, and by extension us, have all had our fingers burnt like that once I can't see him doing that again.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans and the club on 11:04 - Jan 25 with 2550 viewstractorboy1978

Evans and the club on 10:55 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

His approach to it is completely in contrast to his words. He always talks long term, not being swayed etc but you cannot honestly tell me he looks at PL and sees him as the long term manager of this football club. At this point in time PL's results on the pitch should almost be irrelevant because his presence at the club in so toxic and damaging in the long run.
Evans and the club on 11:12 - Jan 25 with 2500 viewsSomethingBlue

Evans and the club on 10:58 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Honestly, I have no idea what they think is going to happen. Unless the next appointment is (a) a massive eyebrow-raiser or (b) leads us on a scintillating charge to automatic promotion, or (c) both, the drop-off is only going to get far steeper.

There seems to be some sort of assumption that everything will be alright in the end simply because it has to be, and that's just not how anything works. Evans is of course a law unto himself but the structure there just isn't right — the voices feeding back to him clearly aren't doing so with anything like the required vehemence. I know someone who even this morning cancelled 2 x long-standing season tickets. I'm sure we all do. It is going to get a lot worse.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Evans and the club on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 2447 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans and the club on 11:12 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

Honestly, I have no idea what they think is going to happen. Unless the next appointment is (a) a massive eyebrow-raiser or (b) leads us on a scintillating charge to automatic promotion, or (c) both, the drop-off is only going to get far steeper.

There seems to be some sort of assumption that everything will be alright in the end simply because it has to be, and that's just not how anything works. Evans is of course a law unto himself but the structure there just isn't right — the voices feeding back to him clearly aren't doing so with anything like the required vehemence. I know someone who even this morning cancelled 2 x long-standing season tickets. I'm sure we all do. It is going to get a lot worse.

As you say, seems to be little understanding of the depth of frustration and antipathy for the way things are being run at present. If they'd gone out to run the PR side of things to deliberately antagonise the support - which I assume hasn't been their intention - then I don't think they could have done it any better than they have over the last few months.
Evans and the club on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 2424 viewsHerbivore

Evans and the club on 11:20 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

As you say, seems to be little understanding of the depth of frustration and antipathy for the way things are being run at present. If they'd gone out to run the PR side of things to deliberately antagonise the support - which I assume hasn't been their intention - then I don't think they could have done it any better than they have over the last few months.

Phil, on a personal note are you hopeful that Lambert out should coincide with Ham in?

Evans and the club on 11:27 - Jan 25 with 2413 viewsfooters

Evans and the club on 11:25 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

Phil, on a personal note are you hopeful that Lambert out should coincide with Ham in?

As an apology, the club will not only allow Phil back but one forum member will be allowed to attend each presser, selected via ballot.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans and the club on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 2371 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans and the club on 11:25 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

Hopeful but no guarantee from the conversations I've had lately.
Evans and the club on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 2354 viewsHerbivore

Evans and the club on 11:43 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Hopeful but no guarantee from the conversations I've had lately.

If they choose to carry on freezing you out to make some kind of point then the club can do one to be honest. They are such a bunch of tone deaf muppets at times.

Evans and the club on 12:35 - Jan 25 with 2233 viewsChrisd

I’m more amazed that he just can’t see the signs himself. He made the ‘green shoots’ comment recently which was staggering in itself, but he can’t honestly sit there and think we’re playing really well because our possession percentage is so high, what about the other stats which paint a clearer picture?! I’m probably giving him too much footballing kudos, after all he gave PL a 5 year contract when at that time the wheels were starting to come off and there was plenty of disgruntlement from us all even then.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 12:46]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024