Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans and the club 09:40 - Jan 25 with 3487 viewsclive_baker

Have absolutely zero idea how much damage they're doing right now do they? It's quite staggering really, I do wonder if the lack of fans in the ground is contributing to their spectacular misreading of the sentiment among fans. I think they're completely underestimating the feeling, and long-term damage this is doing.

The opportunity cost to all of this is massive. If they think it's a case of switching the manager at any point and they'll all come rushing back, I really do think they'll be in for a shock. A lot of fans are fast approaching a point beyond turning back now I fear.

Swift action please Mr Evans, or you might well live to regret this for a long, long time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Evans and the club on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 508 viewspointofblue

Evans and the club on 11:43 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Hopeful but no guarantee from the conversations I've had lately.

Fingers crossed a new manager will want a bit of PR in the bank and some goodwill from the fans, so will reverse the ban.

I’ve just realised that makes whoever to sound like Lambert when he first arrived.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans and the club on 12:45 - Jan 25 with 495 viewsclive_baker

Evans and the club on 12:35 - Jan 25 by Chrisd

I’m more amazed that he just can’t see the signs himself. He made the ‘green shoots’ comment recently which was staggering in itself, but he can’t honestly sit there and think we’re playing really well because our possession percentage is so high, what about the other stats which paint a clearer picture?! I’m probably giving him too much footballing kudos, after all he gave PL a 5 year contract when at that time the wheels were starting to come off and there was plenty of disgruntlement from us all even then.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 12:46]

My nervousness is that he genuinely believes what he's saying. If it's all PR nonsense and he's busy behind the scenes making provisions then I would have a bit more time for him. Sure it's all misjudged PR nonsense, admittedly, but it would be reassuring knowing he's largely in agreement with what everyone else can see. It would be more concerning if he cant.

I just worry he actually believes the fans 'forced' him into the wrong decision on Mick and he won't be allowing that to happen again. I fear he genuinely buys in to what Lambert is feeding him by way of injuries, 'needing a little help' etc. Couple that with the presumably large payoff Lambert would be due, the crippling financial impact of Covid and the fact there's no guarantee a replacement would do better, and I worry ME genuinely thinks the best way forward might be just to sit tight and let Lambert get on with it, plodding along with this misguided belief that he can get us promoted.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Evans and the club on 12:58 - Jan 25 with 458 viewspointofblue

Evans and the club on 12:45 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

My nervousness is that he genuinely believes what he's saying. If it's all PR nonsense and he's busy behind the scenes making provisions then I would have a bit more time for him. Sure it's all misjudged PR nonsense, admittedly, but it would be reassuring knowing he's largely in agreement with what everyone else can see. It would be more concerning if he cant.

I just worry he actually believes the fans 'forced' him into the wrong decision on Mick and he won't be allowing that to happen again. I fear he genuinely buys in to what Lambert is feeding him by way of injuries, 'needing a little help' etc. Couple that with the presumably large payoff Lambert would be due, the crippling financial impact of Covid and the fact there's no guarantee a replacement would do better, and I worry ME genuinely thinks the best way forward might be just to sit tight and let Lambert get on with it, plodding along with this misguided belief that he can get us promoted.

The second paragraph is where I am at the moment. I think Evans has very little patience with us fans for forcing his hand over Mick and therefore he’s trying to hold firm in relation to Lambert - the “Be Careful What You Wish For” remark in the disastrous press release said as much.

That being said, this cannot be the situation come season ticket renewal time unless he wants to preside over a club with barely any holders.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans and the club on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 445 viewsChrisd

Evans and the club on 12:45 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

My thoughts and concerns too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans and the club on 13:11 - Jan 25 with 431 viewsParky

This, factored in with a lot of people generally falling out of love with football and realising they aren’t missing going to PR isn’t making for a nice viewing.

I know a number of people who have cancelled already and won’t be back unless something seriously changes.
Evans and the club on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 376 viewsHerbivore

Evans and the club on 12:35 - Jan 25 by Chrisd

I’m more amazed that he just can’t see the signs himself. He made the ‘green shoots’ comment recently which was staggering in itself, but he can’t honestly sit there and think we’re playing really well because our possession percentage is so high, what about the other stats which paint a clearer picture?! I’m probably giving him too much footballing kudos, after all he gave PL a 5 year contract when at that time the wheels were starting to come off and there was plenty of disgruntlement from us all even then.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 12:46]

Genuinely curious, but I can recall a number of times over the past 18 months debating the quality of our squad with you and you've made it clear you don't think the sqaud is as good as many of us think it is and that we shouldn't automatically expect to be challenging for the top 6. With that in mind, surely you must think Lambert isn't doing that bad a job? He has us just outside the play offs, which seems to be about where you've seen as being our level. Have you changed your mind on the quality of the squad?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans and the club on 18:37 - Jan 25 with 311 viewsChrisd

Evans and the club on 14:05 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

Genuinely curious, but I can recall a number of times over the past 18 months debating the quality of our squad with you and you've made it clear you don't think the sqaud is as good as many of us think it is and that we shouldn't automatically expect to be challenging for the top 6. With that in mind, surely you must think Lambert isn't doing that bad a job? He has us just outside the play offs, which seems to be about where you've seen as being our level. Have you changed your mind on the quality of the squad?

Not at all, I still look at our squad and think it’s bloated and lacking in certain areas. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe we have some good players and I have said this previously, but I certainly don’t feel we’ve got this amazing squad too good for this league, but I still want us to do well. Do I want us promoted? Of course I do. However, we all can clearly see nothing is progressing and hasn’t for some time under PL, then it’s time...he needs to go. If he stays and you look at our analytical data from games, finishing 11th will be a real challenge this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans and the club on 18:53 - Jan 25 with 295 viewsHerbivore

Evans and the club on 18:37 - Jan 25 by Chrisd

Not at all, I still look at our squad and think it’s bloated and lacking in certain areas. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe we have some good players and I have said this previously, but I certainly don’t feel we’ve got this amazing squad too good for this league, but I still want us to do well. Do I want us promoted? Of course I do. However, we all can clearly see nothing is progressing and hasn’t for some time under PL, then it’s time...he needs to go. If he stays and you look at our analytical data from games, finishing 11th will be a real challenge this season.

Fair enough, appreciate your response.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024