Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard 10:13 - Jan 25 with 1604 viewsclive_baker

Looks like he's getting the push today.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lampard on 10:15 - Jan 25 with 1588 viewsFixed_It

Was never going to end well... by SitfcB 25 Jan 2021 9:48
https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/status/1353640432362782720?s=21

Lampard to Ipswich back on the cards? 🤣

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lampard on 10:17 - Jan 25 with 1566 viewsclive_baker

Lampard on 10:15 - Jan 25 by Fixed_It

Was never going to end well... by SitfcB 25 Jan 2021 9:48
https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/status/1353640432362782720?s=21

Lampard to Ipswich back on the cards? 🤣

Just seen that. Can't say I'm massively surprised given their recent form and the amount of money he's spunked there. It was a tough job to be fair to him, expectations are so high, although clearly midtable is nowhere near good enough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lampard on 10:26 - Jan 25 with 1499 viewsMetal_Hacker

Looks like Leipzig will be looking for a new manager now then

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lampard on 10:27 - Jan 25 with 1493 viewsFixed_It

Lampard on 10:17 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

Just seen that. Can't say I'm massively surprised given their recent form and the amount of money he's spunked there. It was a tough job to be fair to him, expectations are so high, although clearly midtable is nowhere near good enough.

He was perfect for them when they had the transfer embargo and had to rely on their abundant riches of reserves/academy products. The challenge was always going to be when he had money to spend and the pressure to get it right.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nah, it'll be Tuchel (n/t) on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 1475 viewsBloots

Lampard on 10:26 - Jan 25 by Metal_Hacker

Looks like Leipzig will be looking for a new manager now then

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lampard on 10:34 - Jan 25 with 1452 viewschicoazul

I get a bit annoyed at the Pearl clutching around Chelsea
Lots of pundits act like their way of churning Managers doesn’t work really well for them
See also Watford

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lampard on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 1385 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lampard on 10:34 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

I get a bit annoyed at the Pearl clutching around Chelsea
Lots of pundits act like their way of churning Managers doesn’t work really well for them
See also Watford

Indeed, see also ‘ha, bet they regret not giving KDB and Salah a chance’ which rather ignores the fact their entire model is based on churning players like that

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lampard on 10:56 - Jan 25 with 1313 viewspointofblue

Lampard on 10:17 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

Article in the Athletic says he only wanted one of the six players signed over the summer - Chilwell. All other players were the hierarchy’s choice rather than his.

If true, they really are the polar opposite to us in every respect. We gave the manager’s to much time and say whilst they don’t do enough of either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard on 11:07 - Jan 25 with 1265 viewsfloridaboy

Another big wad of cash going into Lampards bank account then. Sure Christine will be very happy!

Klopp had better watch out then as Liverpools form is worse than Chelseas!
Im not sure why its news... on 11:08 - Jan 25 with 1252 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I like Frank, and think hes done OK.

BUT this is how Roman has ALWAYS operated, and has sacked better managers for less.

When you take a job at Chelsea, you have to expect to be treated this way.

...on the plus side for Frank... Roman seems to give very good pay offs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 1235 viewsPendejo

Lampard on 10:27 - Jan 25 by Fixed_It

He was perfect for them when they had the transfer embargo and had to rely on their abundant riches of reserves/academy products. The challenge was always going to be when he had money to spend and the pressure to get it right.

Which rather bags the question. Why not let him carry on?

With no money, using home grown talent to supplement existing squad they finished 4th and qualified for CL.
Finished as top London club and overhauled Leicester, who had the top league goalscorer.

To then buy players he didn't want make a no sense. Whilst notionally backing him they've effectively blocked him, weighed him down.

Still, Chelsea have had some success from manager churn... Is Allegri available?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Im not sure why its news... on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 1229 viewsPendejo

Im not sure why its news... on 11:08 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I like Frank, and think hes done OK.

BUT this is how Roman has ALWAYS operated, and has sacked better managers for less.

When you take a job at Chelsea, you have to expect to be treated this way.

...on the plus side for Frank... Roman seems to give very good pay offs.

And I doubt it will damage his CV

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Im not sure why its news... on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 1178 viewsMJallday

Im not sure why its news... on 11:11 - Jan 25 by Pendejo

And I doubt it will damage his CV

I’d have him at town. With terry butcher and dyer as assistants

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Lampard on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 1165 viewspointofblue

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 by Pendejo

With no money, using home grown talent to supplement existing squad they finished 4th and qualified for CL.
Finished as top London club and overhauled Leicester, who had the top league goalscorer.

To then buy players he didn't want make a no sense. Whilst notionally backing him they've effectively blocked him, weighed him down.

Still, Chelsea have had some success from manager churn... Is Allegri available?

Reports are saying it’s Tuchel on a four and a half year contract. Which is gobsmacking when considering the longest a manager has lasted under Abramovich is three years and three months (Mourinho’s first spell).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lampard on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 1153 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lampard on 10:56 - Jan 25 by pointofblue

Article in the Athletic says he only wanted one of the six players signed over the summer - Chilwell. All other players were the hierarchy’s choice rather than his.

If true, they really are the polar opposite to us in every respect. We gave the manager’s to much time and say whilst they don’t do enough of either.

That same articles says that he wanted Ziyech in January though, and that whilst Silva wasn’t on his radar he welcomed him

It also states that he wanted Tarkowski along with Rice which probably explains why he didn’t have much say in the matter

Pretty much all top clubs operate in this way, it still amazes me that people don’t grasp this. That applies to the likes of Man City and Liverpool too - the only difference being that Klopp and Guardiola hold more sway on those discussions as they can point to their CV’s

Inexperienced manager the job because he was a very famous player for the club in being treated like inexperienced manager shock

Lampard on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 1143 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because they’re tumbling down the league, a number of very expensive signings show no sign of being integrated into the team and reports seem to indicate he’s fallen out with half the squad

Plus he never really did THAT well in the first place, if his name was A.N.Italian he’d have gone before now and no one would have batted an eyelid

Lampard on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 1078 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He has been terrible. Has been carried by over-performing players and is just simply not a good coach. The stats he has been pushing out have been bottom half prem teams. He failed at derby, and then somehow went to get one of the top six jobs in english football.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024