Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most underwhelming replacement? 10:36 - Jan 25 with 6066 viewsclive_baker

Of the realistic candidates, who would you say is the worst option?

Chambers has to be up there for me. I like the guy, and he may well go on to have a good managerial career, but I really think that transition from teammate (albeit captain) to manager is a tough one. I want to see some fresh blood who can bring 2 or 3 staff with him and shake things up a bit, get that reaction on the training ground where people are out to prove themselves again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:37 - Jan 25 with 3294 viewsBlueBadger

'Lambert keeps his job for another season at least' is definitely the worst option.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 3253 viewsSomethingBlue

Saw a thread on Neil Harris yesterday and, while he's genuinely an absolute diamond of a person, I'd be concerned about that — did very well at Millwall but was absolutely stitched into the fabric of that club and that's not always easy to translate elsewhere. Decent initial impact at Cardiff but not there long enough to really get a handle on what he is/does.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 3248 viewschicoazul

Pulis.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 3222 viewsDanTheMan

Yeah I don't think the Chambers / Skuse combination is at all right, right now. Especially given we've got Dyer obviously waiting in the wings for a chance. He's at least got some experience.

There are a few unemployed managers who would just make me groan. Someone like Grayson or Holloway who just haven't done anything in years.

Would be a typical Evans appointment though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:44 - Jan 25 with 3193 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Personally, I hate the idea of the Cowleys, something about Danny really irritates me, he comes across as a bit of a knob, the “its Not fair” category of manager, who is also a bit of a teachers pet, similar in the manner how we are all supposed to like Eddie Howe, and you mustn’t mention when he left Bournemouth for Burnley.

It’s personal impression, but I don’t like them, (Cowley and Howe)

I am also underwhelmed by Paul Cook, having watched a reasonable amount of his management, I don’t think it would fit well with our current squad, we aren’t great at counter-attack, nor route one, and he leans heavily on both.

If we were to sack Lambert tomorrow, I would expect Evans to either write the season off (typically) and take time in an appointment, or have someone in place immediately, the latter would mean the next boss is currently out of work, or already here.

And no, I don’t have a good answer as to who we should go for, I think the talent pool for our particular task is very shallow at the moment.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 3161 viewsBeckets

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:41 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Pulis.

Pardew
Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 3162 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't even say Chambers is a contender, if it goes internal surely it goes to Dyer/Butcher?

Who are the realistic candidates.....

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Neil Harris
Garry Monk
Phil Parkinson
Nigel Pearson at a stretch
Internal

Harris, Monk and Parkinson strike as ones that would come in and not do enough for what we need.

Cowley is the massive stand out candidate for me, but can see why Cook is to others.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 3120 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Simon Grayson

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:55 - Jan 25 with 3070 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:47 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't even say Chambers is a contender, if it goes internal surely it goes to Dyer/Butcher?

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Neil Harris
Garry Monk
Phil Parkinson
Internal

Harris, Monk and Parkinson strike as ones that would come in and not do enough for what we need.

Cowley is the massive stand out candidate for me, but can see why Cook is to others.

I think Cowley would be the obvious choice, but I reckon Evans would worry about the 'style' of football. I know its not as bad as Mick's, but its not the style he's been repeatedly saying he wants us to play.

I watched a video on Danny, about how to be a manager etc. Explains about how you take a club in its lowest state, to it's highest i.e Lincoln. Does seem exactly what we need. All the things he described, like fans losing interest, seemed like he was talking about Ipswich.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:57 - Jan 25 with 3055 viewsBelsteadCav

Dyer

It’s laughable some town fans think he’s the answer

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:57 - Jan 25 with 3042 viewsgainsboroughblue

The worse we get and the lower we go, we're going to enter the realm of a different world of 'merry go round' or 'past it' football managers.

I give you.

John Still
Graham Westley
Martin Allen

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 3024 viewsGarv

I hate to say it but to me Chambers looks dejected and frankly needs a new start somewhere else, for his own good as much as ours.

He's also played every game, as captain. There's no chance he's anywhere near the running for manager.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 2998 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:57 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

Dyer

It’s laughable some town fans think he’s the answer

Out of interest?

What makes you so certain he would fail?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 3000 viewsBlueBadger

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:58 - Jan 25 by Garv

I hate to say it but to me Chambers looks dejected and frankly needs a new start somewhere else, for his own good as much as ours.

He's also played every game, as captain. There's no chance he's anywhere near the running for manager.

He's probably fed up with being a public front/punchbag for an utterly incompetent manager.

Imagine being Chambers and going from a titan like Mick as a boss to the likes of Hurst and Lambert.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 2945 viewsOsborneOneNil

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:44 - Jan 25 by BaltachaFanClub

Personally, I hate the idea of the Cowleys, something about Danny really irritates me, he comes across as a bit of a knob, the “its Not fair” category of manager, who is also a bit of a teachers pet, similar in the manner how we are all supposed to like Eddie Howe, and you mustn’t mention when he left Bournemouth for Burnley.

It’s personal impression, but I don’t like them, (Cowley and Howe)

I am also underwhelmed by Paul Cook, having watched a reasonable amount of his management, I don’t think it would fit well with our current squad, we aren’t great at counter-attack, nor route one, and he leans heavily on both.

If we were to sack Lambert tomorrow, I would expect Evans to either write the season off (typically) and take time in an appointment, or have someone in place immediately, the latter would mean the next boss is currently out of work, or already here.

And no, I don’t have a good answer as to who we should go for, I think the talent pool for our particular task is very shallow at the moment.

Blimey. Massively disagree on Paul Cook.

He’s exactly who we need.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 2942 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:55 - Jan 25 by abracaDOBRA_

I think Cowley would be the obvious choice, but I reckon Evans would worry about the 'style' of football. I know its not as bad as Mick's, but its not the style he's been repeatedly saying he wants us to play.

I watched a video on Danny, about how to be a manager etc. Explains about how you take a club in its lowest state, to it's highest i.e Lincoln. Does seem exactly what we need. All the things he described, like fans losing interest, seemed like he was talking about Ipswich.

I think they are capable of playing better football than they did at Lincoln.

If they had a midfield with Dozzell, Downes and Bishop, I think they would find a way to use it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:10 - Jan 25 with 2888 viewsBelsteadCav

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:00 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Out of interest?

What makes you so certain he would fail?

It would just be more of the same, maybe worse.

Absolutely no experience, Chambers would still rule. He’s not strong enough, we need someone who’s proven and can deal with big egos in the dressing room.

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:12 - Jan 25 with 2856 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:10 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

It would just be more of the same, maybe worse.

Absolutely no experience, Chambers would still rule. He’s not strong enough, we need someone who’s proven and can deal with big egos in the dressing room.

How do you know it would be more of the same?

That's quite an assumption.

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 2817 viewsBelsteadCav

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:12 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

How do you know it would be more of the same?

That's quite an assumption.

So, some ex player with a bad attitude is going to just walk in and turn it around.

People are living in dream land if they think he’s the answer.

We need someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 2787 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:16 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

So, some ex player with a bad attitude is going to just walk in and turn it around.

People are living in dream land if they think he’s the answer.

We need someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

Like Lee Bowyer at Charlton you mean?

You make some very sweeping assumptions about Dyer, without even knowing the guy. Why does he have a bad attitude, everything I have seen suggests the opposite.

No ones knows whether he would succeed or not, but your views have no basis whatsoever.

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 2766 viewsN2_Blue

Chambers indeed would be a terrible move imo.

Maybe one day in the future once he's had some management experience but we need a complete reset now. A malaise has set in and we also need to dispense with a great deal of this squad. When Lambert goes all his staff need to go as well. We need to a clean slate

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:24 - Jan 25 with 2758 viewsIpswichKnight

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:18 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Like Lee Bowyer at Charlton you mean?

You make some very sweeping assumptions about Dyer, without even knowing the guy. Why does he have a bad attitude, everything I have seen suggests the opposite.

No ones knows whether he would succeed or not, but your views have no basis whatsoever.

Got the UEFA coaching badges that suggest he does know what he’s doing. Listen to the podcasts where he talks to the players like El-Miz he comes across there as someone who sees an issue and fixes it. Found a culture in the U18’s where it was accepted that a loss didn’t matter he changed that. He keeps getting teams to win at U18 and U23 level. I’d be happy to have him if he wanted the job.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 2746 viewsN2_Blue

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:05 - Jan 25 by OsborneOneNil

Blimey. Massively disagree on Paul Cook.

He’s exactly who we need.

Totally agree. Paul Cook ticks all the boxes for me, except he's called Paul ;)

I just don't warm to the Cowleys and also I'm not a fan of management double acts

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 2732 viewstractordownsouth

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:47 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Neil Harris
Garry Monk
Phil Parkinson
Internal

I think Nigel Adkins is another Evans would likely be looking at.

Wouldn't mind Adkins, but Simon Grayson would be the worst.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:27 - Jan 25 with 2734 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:24 - Jan 25 by IpswichKnight

Got the UEFA coaching badges that suggest he does know what he’s doing. Listen to the podcasts where he talks to the players like El-Miz he comes across there as someone who sees an issue and fixes it. Found a culture in the U18’s where it was accepted that a loss didn’t matter he changed that. He keeps getting teams to win at U18 and U23 level. I’d be happy to have him if he wanted the job.

Yes, I agree.

I'm not saying he is definitely the answer, but it does concern me that people write him off making completely unfounded sweeping assumptions.

Its a real concern that something more sinister is at play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024