Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most underwhelming replacement? 10:36 - Jan 25 with 5979 viewsclive_baker

Of the realistic candidates, who would you say is the worst option?

Chambers has to be up there for me. I like the guy, and he may well go on to have a good managerial career, but I really think that transition from teammate (albeit captain) to manager is a tough one. I want to see some fresh blood who can bring 2 or 3 staff with him and shake things up a bit, get that reaction on the training ground where people are out to prove themselves again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:33 - Jan 25 with 1591 viewsWallingford_Boy

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:44 - Jan 25 by BaltachaFanClub

Personally, I hate the idea of the Cowleys, something about Danny really irritates me, he comes across as a bit of a knob, the “its Not fair” category of manager, who is also a bit of a teachers pet, similar in the manner how we are all supposed to like Eddie Howe, and you mustn’t mention when he left Bournemouth for Burnley.

It’s personal impression, but I don’t like them, (Cowley and Howe)

I am also underwhelmed by Paul Cook, having watched a reasonable amount of his management, I don’t think it would fit well with our current squad, we aren’t great at counter-attack, nor route one, and he leans heavily on both.

If we were to sack Lambert tomorrow, I would expect Evans to either write the season off (typically) and take time in an appointment, or have someone in place immediately, the latter would mean the next boss is currently out of work, or already here.

And no, I don’t have a good answer as to who we should go for, I think the talent pool for our particular task is very shallow at the moment.

VERY odd opinion.

Cowley always comes across as such an intelligent thinker, a real scholar of the game. To call him "a bit of a knob" is just a strange thing to say!

RIP Sir Bobby

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 1588 viewsBelsteadCav

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:27 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, I agree.

I'm not saying he is definitely the answer, but it does concern me that people write him off making completely unfounded sweeping assumptions.

Its a real concern that something more sinister is at play.

What a load of absolute nonsense

Sinister! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Me not wanting him as manager and someone with experience, has turned into a hate crime. Jesus, sort yourself out

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:39 - Jan 25 with 1573 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:37 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

What a load of absolute nonsense

Sinister! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Me not wanting him as manager and someone with experience, has turned into a hate crime. Jesus, sort yourself out

I'm pleased you feel thats not the case.

...but, you still havent stated why you are certain he has a 'bad attitude'.

....can you expand on that?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 1575 viewsBelsteadCav

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:24 - Jan 25 by IpswichKnight

Got the UEFA coaching badges that suggest he does know what he’s doing. Listen to the podcasts where he talks to the players like El-Miz he comes across there as someone who sees an issue and fixes it. Found a culture in the U18’s where it was accepted that a loss didn’t matter he changed that. He keeps getting teams to win at U18 and U23 level. I’d be happy to have him if he wanted the job.

Anyone can get coaching badges

I’ve seen some terrible coaches with all the qualifications.

Christ. I’m a level 2 coach

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 1566 viewsKieran_Knows

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:50 - Jan 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Simon Grayson

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 1555 viewsBelsteadCav

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:39 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm pleased you feel thats not the case.

...but, you still havent stated why you are certain he has a 'bad attitude'.

....can you expand on that?

Whatever I say, you won’t believe. So it’s pointless to be honest.

But If we go down that path we’ll end up in league 2. Even though we’re heading that way already

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 1551 viewsN2_Blue

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:33 - Jan 25 by Wallingford_Boy

VERY odd opinion.

Cowley always comes across as such an intelligent thinker, a real scholar of the game. To call him "a bit of a knob" is just a strange thing to say!

About as odd an opinion as your McGuiness worship and calling people b*nders for suggesting they are being negative for disagreeing with you.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:47 - Jan 25 with 1541 viewsFartman

Sacking Jim was the beginning of my dislike of Evans, although we are dependent on him to keep the Club afloat...

The fundamental of Football is man management skills, if you don't have it as a manager, you'll never get the best out of the playing squad. Of course a manager needs to have a football education as well and a style of play that suits his team (players).

Evans have appointed just 1 manager who we truly can say is well equipped in this area, Mick McCarthy. Keane, Jewell and Hurst are novices at that front, Jewell for not communication at all the 2 others for being bullies or being assisted by bullies. Lambert sounds like his in the same category as Jewell, am I right?

The next manager needs to have people skills way beyond the mentioned group of managers.

From their background the Cowley's sounds like the ideal match.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Login to get fewer ads

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:49 - Jan 25 with 1530 viewsHerbivore

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:41 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

Saw a thread on Neil Harris yesterday and, while he's genuinely an absolute diamond of a person, I'd be concerned about that — did very well at Millwall but was absolutely stitched into the fabric of that club and that's not always easy to translate elsewhere. Decent initial impact at Cardiff but not there long enough to really get a handle on what he is/does.

Yeah, I'd also be underwhelmed by Harris I think.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:49 - Jan 25 with 1528 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:43 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

Whatever I say, you won’t believe. So it’s pointless to be honest.

But If we go down that path we’ll end up in league 2. Even though we’re heading that way already

Will have to agree to differ on that one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1509 viewsEireannach_gorm

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:44 - Jan 25 by BaltachaFanClub

Personally, I hate the idea of the Cowleys, something about Danny really irritates me, he comes across as a bit of a knob, the “its Not fair” category of manager, who is also a bit of a teachers pet, similar in the manner how we are all supposed to like Eddie Howe, and you mustn’t mention when he left Bournemouth for Burnley.

It’s personal impression, but I don’t like them, (Cowley and Howe)

I am also underwhelmed by Paul Cook, having watched a reasonable amount of his management, I don’t think it would fit well with our current squad, we aren’t great at counter-attack, nor route one, and he leans heavily on both.

If we were to sack Lambert tomorrow, I would expect Evans to either write the season off (typically) and take time in an appointment, or have someone in place immediately, the latter would mean the next boss is currently out of work, or already here.

And no, I don’t have a good answer as to who we should go for, I think the talent pool for our particular task is very shallow at the moment.

The reason that Paul has to be replaced is because what he is doing is not working ( whatever it is? ). Whoever replaces him needs to do something that does work so your criticism of Paul Cook does not make sense. Your suggestion that his style of play is different from what we currently have is actually a good thing. Repeating what does not work is the definition of insanity. My preference would be Cook but there are a small number alternatives. We should be looking away from the tried and trusted types because this project is not going to be a quick fix with all that is wrong with the club.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 1471 viewsWallingford_Boy

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:43 - Jan 25 by N2_Blue

About as odd an opinion as your McGuiness worship and calling people b*nders for suggesting they are being negative for disagreeing with you.

Oh shush you silly man.

You really think Cowley would not be a good fit here?

But yeah McGuinness scored a blinder on Saturday, dontchathink?

RIP Sir Bobby

Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 1410 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:57 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

Dyer

It’s laughable some town fans think he’s the answer

Couldn't agree more. I met him briefly once. He struggles with big words and long sentences.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:16 - Jan 25 with 1403 viewsEwan_Oozami

Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:14 - Jan 25 by daisyisabaddog

Couldn't agree more. I met him briefly once. He struggles with big words and long sentences.

Perfect manager material then...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 1381 viewsTJS

We should be looking at a manager from Europe to bring fresh ideas and connections.
It's the only route we still haven't tried and nearly all other clubs have.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 1335 viewsbluethomas

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:47 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't even say Chambers is a contender, if it goes internal surely it goes to Dyer/Butcher?

Who are the realistic candidates.....

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Neil Harris
Garry Monk
Phil Parkinson
Nigel Pearson at a stretch
Internal

Harris, Monk and Parkinson strike as ones that would come in and not do enough for what we need.

Cowley is the massive stand out candidate for me, but can see why Cook is to others.

Didn't we look at Parkinson way back when he was at Colchester and Royle left? And then we went with Jim.

If we did, that would sum up the Evans era. Going back to someone we nearly had in 13 or so years ago!
Most underwhelming replacement? on 14:08 - Jan 25 with 1298 viewsStewart27

Most underwhelming replacement? on 10:50 - Jan 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Simon Grayson

Yep

Imagine being disappointed in our new manager after enduring the worst manager in ITFC history.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 14:10 - Jan 25 with 1288 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Most underwhelming replacement? on 14:08 - Jan 25 by Stewart27

Yep

Imagine being disappointed in our new manager after enduring the worst manager in ITFC history.

That already happened in October 2018

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 15:40 - Jan 25 with 1237 viewsbraveblue

What possible reason is there to try Chambers?
Most underwhelming replacement? on 15:44 - Jan 25 with 1234 viewsTieDyedIn95

Dyer would take us down but would get people to renew.

That's who will be appointed.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 15:45 - Jan 25 with 1231 viewsJ2BLUE

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:10 - Jan 25 by BelsteadCav

It would just be more of the same, maybe worse.

Absolutely no experience, Chambers would still rule. He’s not strong enough, we need someone who’s proven and can deal with big egos in the dressing room.

Complete rubbish. You really think Chambers (who has only ever seemed to use his influence positively) is somehow too powerful for Dyer? LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 1227 viewswkj

John Greggory.

Don't put it past Evans to do this.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Most underwhelming replacement? on 16:08 - Jan 25 with 1201 viewsPhilTWTD

Most underwhelming replacement? on 13:14 - Jan 25 by daisyisabaddog

Must have been very briefly, I've always found him bright and sharp. When he finally gets a club I think he'll do very well. Have heard very good reports from the Town players that have worked with him in the academy.
Most underwhelming replacement? on 16:19 - Jan 25 with 1159 viewsJ2BLUE

Most underwhelming replacement? on 16:08 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Must have been very briefly, I've always found him bright and sharp. When he finally gets a club I think he'll do very well. Have heard very good reports from the Town players that have worked with him in the academy.

Agreed. Any time you hear him talk he comes across well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Most underwhelming replacement? on 16:35 - Jan 25 with 1140 viewshadleighboyblue

Most underwhelming replacement? on 11:05 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think they are capable of playing better football than they did at Lincoln.

If they had a midfield with Dozzell, Downes and Bishop, I think they would find a way to use it.

Agreed , I think they would play to the strengths of the squad , which is what they did at Lincoln .

Coming here , they would hopefully assess the players we have and play accordingly .

They don't come across as stick in the mud types , they also know it's important to get the supporters on board ......hope fully make a better job of doing that than Lambert has though .

They are probably a more realistic target for us than Cook
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024