Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert Payoff 10:51 - Jan 25 with 409 viewsMookamoo

I'm trying to work out what practical difference paying Lambert off will make to the club in the short term. If Evans owns the club, and owns the debt, does it just add some extra zeros to a spreadsheet of someone who has the capacity to manage it or will it have a much greater impact?

Would it prevent investment players? What investment?
Would it stop investment in the academy? We've had a some good youngsters come through but these don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Is it a case that as far as Evans in concerned, we're comfortable in L1 and producing youngsters with enough quality to cover all positions. Maybe even the odd one like Downes who can get some money in. If Evan's main business is going to be impacted by another disrupted summer of sport then he has much bigger concerns than his football club.

Best case scenario is we get an amazing turn around with a new manager and get promoted. Then what? Evans is looking at even more outlay keeping us up. Does it make financial sense for him to just sit it out in L1.

I'm not sure I really understand the point of owning a football club. Seems a silly business to be in.
Lambert Payoff on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 394 viewsBlueBadger

Well, in the short term, it'll have a chance of a more competent manager in charge?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024