Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard in 11:39 - Jan 25 with 2993 viewsBiGDonnie

Surely...

Didn't we hold talks with him previously?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Lampard in on 14:58 - Jan 25 with 246 viewsHerbivore

Lampard in on 14:52 - Jan 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Yes and that was reflected in the expectation of that season.

He did also have a multi-million pound squad that was already the envy of almsot every other club in the division and had the assurance that He would have money the following summer.

All this at a club where He is already, rightfully, a legend, that comes with unbridled good will of the fans and more leeway than he might otherwise have got.

So I'm not really convinced of that a counter argument.

Moot anyway, he's not comming numbers because the current manager retains the full support of the owners (apparently) and Frank doesn't want the job

He's been a manager for 2 and a half years and for a year of that he literally couldn't spend a penny, so I'm not sure the suggestion that he only goes where there is a war chest is very fair.

Whilst he spent money at Derby, his net spend was more or less zero. They brought in a fair bit in transfer revenue to fund his purchases. Certainly his spending was less crazy than previous mangers there. He did well in bringing in some quality on loan from Chelsea, but that was more about his connections than having a huge budget. So again, not sure the suggestion that he wants or needs a war chest is entirely accurate.

That said, there's zero chance of him coming here as we are massively beneath him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lampard in on 14:58 - Jan 25 with 246 viewsPhilTWTD

Lampard in on 14:51 - Jan 25 by BlueBadger

I can't believe that the wholly honourable Harry Redknapp would tell a LIE.

To be fair to him, he was probably just forgetting the detail of the situation.
Lampard in on 15:06 - Jan 25 with 231 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Lampard in on 14:58 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

He's been a manager for 2 and a half years and for a year of that he literally couldn't spend a penny, so I'm not sure the suggestion that he only goes where there is a war chest is very fair.

Whilst he spent money at Derby, his net spend was more or less zero. They brought in a fair bit in transfer revenue to fund his purchases. Certainly his spending was less crazy than previous mangers there. He did well in bringing in some quality on loan from Chelsea, but that was more about his connections than having a huge budget. So again, not sure the suggestion that he wants or needs a war chest is entirely accurate.

That said, there's zero chance of him coming here as we are massively beneath him.

I think again, was promised a huge war chest for his 2nd season at a club that already has one of the most expensively assembled squads in the world so I'm not buying it.

Equally you can't conflate Chelsea with any other club given his history.

If he comes here now I'll eat my words. He won't.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Lampard in on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 217 viewsBlueBadger

Lampard in on 14:58 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

To be fair to him, he was probably just forgetting the detail of the situation.

A bit like that time he 'forgot' about the 'pay your taxes' bit of getting paid for his work?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lampard in on 17:12 - Jan 25 with 195 viewsmonty_radio

Lampard in on 12:25 - Jan 25 by bournemouthblue

You'd also have Gerrard versus Lampard at the top of the SPL which would be interesting

They'd have to agree to alternate for which Big Firm games they were on the touchline as we all know they can't work together on the same pitch.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lampard in on 17:17 - Jan 25 with 187 viewsBlueMoon

He knows we’d never sack him so we’ve got that going for us...
Lampard in on 17:18 - Jan 25 with 184 viewsmonty_radio

Lampard in on 14:50 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

Apparently he has an IQ of over 150. Ergo, he won't be coming here.

I believe he did Latin A Level ergo he'll know what that means.

Or perhaps he didn't, in which case then, wherever he ends up, like his less formally-educated managerial colleagues he might possibly be heard to announce that "We don't won't any big ergos here".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024