Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood 13:07 - Jan 25 with 722 viewsWallingford_Boy

He's no Luke Chambers though..

RIP Sir Bobby

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 15:41 - Jan 25 with 649 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's also not very good and should have never been signed here.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 15:43 - Jan 25 with 648 viewsbraveblue

No surprise. Much better than Chambers but has been impossible to drop for longer than I care to remember. Perhaps the least successful captain ever?
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 15:45 - Jan 25 with 642 viewswkj

I am in absolutely no way surprised and predicted as much on here before he went. We shall see what the next few games bring before I deploy "I told ya so" though.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:00 - Jan 25 with 612 viewslongtimefan

Always thought he was perfectly adequate as a defender but unfortunately he got a nose bleed whenever he crossed the halfway line. That’s probably a far more generous review of his capabilities than the general consensus of the board during his time with us though.
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:04 - Jan 25 with 601 viewsitfcjoe

He's a decent enough defender, should have been kept but for some reason Lambert doesn't rate him at all.

There's a reason Chambers plays ahead of him out of position every week though, because he is better than him.

Stupid decision for me to send him out as can cover all the defensive positions and both Chambers and Ward are going to need at least 4 o5 games rested in the 17 coming up in the next 9 weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:07 - Jan 25 with 586 viewswkj

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:04 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

He's a decent enough defender, should have been kept but for some reason Lambert doesn't rate him at all.

There's a reason Chambers plays ahead of him out of position every week though, because he is better than him.

Stupid decision for me to send him out as can cover all the defensive positions and both Chambers and Ward are going to need at least 4 o5 games rested in the 17 coming up in the next 9 weeks

So it was was you that sent him out? So Lambert is just a smoke screen for Joe who is really the man running the show.

#JoeOUT

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:10 - Jan 25 with 577 viewsX0Y0

I'm still surprised that Chambers hasn't been moved back in to CB, alongside one of the younger players (Woolf / McG), with Donacien at RB .... actually I'm not at all suprised because PL clearly doesn't rate Donacien, and it will probably be another area where he is exposed as clueless.
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:10 - Jan 25 with 576 viewsWallingford_Boy

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 15:43 - Jan 25 by braveblue

No surprise. Much better than Chambers but has been impossible to drop for longer than I care to remember. Perhaps the least successful captain ever?

Yes McGuinness obviously had a shocker for the goal on saturday, but did you see Chambers almost run away from the winger and give him forever to play his cross into the dangerzone?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:15 - Jan 25 with 553 viewsitfcjoe

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:10 - Jan 25 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes McGuinness obviously had a shocker for the goal on saturday, but did you see Chambers almost run away from the winger and give him forever to play his cross into the dangerzone?!

There was no one in the box to aim at, it's meat and drink letting them cross from that position although Judge should have gone with him.

Chambers probably had his worst 45 minutes in an Ipswich shirt on Saturday, but he gets stick for that? Madness.

As it is most weeks, it is our centre halves who make the errors that lead to goals - McGuinness was a 1 in 100 failing, couldn't do it again if he tried

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:17 - Jan 25 with 546 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:10 - Jan 25 by X0Y0

I'm still surprised that Chambers hasn't been moved back in to CB, alongside one of the younger players (Woolf / McG), with Donacien at RB .... actually I'm not at all suprised because PL clearly doesn't rate Donacien, and it will probably be another area where he is exposed as clueless.

Don't think it's long before KVY will be back and I think you'll be correct that Chambers will move into the middle.
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 524 viewslongtimefan

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:15 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

There was no one in the box to aim at, it's meat and drink letting them cross from that position although Judge should have gone with him.

Chambers probably had his worst 45 minutes in an Ipswich shirt on Saturday, but he gets stick for that? Madness.

As it is most weeks, it is our centre halves who make the errors that lead to goals - McGuinness was a 1 in 100 failing, couldn't do it again if he tried

“ As it is most weeks, it is our centre halves who make the errors that lead to goals - McGuinness was a 1 in 100 failing, couldn't do it again if he tried”

Unfortunately he perfected what Nsiala tried in the Burton match!
Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:25 - Jan 25 with 509 viewsitfcjoe

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:21 - Jan 25 by longtimefan

“ As it is most weeks, it is our centre halves who make the errors that lead to goals - McGuinness was a 1 in 100 failing, couldn't do it again if he tried”

Unfortunately he perfected what Nsiala tried in the Burton match!

We got away with the biggest error of the game - Nsiala once again going to ground in the penalty box when on the wrong side. He'd done the hard work, he'd pushed Dembele wide and was on top of the situation.

But it appears that neither Hurst not Lambert were able to train this poor decision making out of him, hopefully next guy can, but I fear he's a lost cause

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:26 - Jan 25 with 507 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Let's not pretend that he is a) that great or b) was rated by many on here prior to departure. Probably should've been kept for cover but i think most on here have frequently said he is not good enough.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:26 - Jan 25 with 506 viewsWallingford_Boy

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:15 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

So you think Chambers, checked his shoulder, saw the penalty area was empty and thought "nah, no need to close, I'll let him do what he wants"?!

Okkkkkkk.

My point was, McGuinness rightly got the blame, it was a wild slice. But the lack of urgency to close down in wide areas (Ward too) is just criminal.

We need full backs with energy, thats one of the fundamentals of being a full back!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:31 - Jan 25 with 493 viewsitfcjoe

Donacien man-of-the-match on debut for Fleetwood on 16:26 - Jan 25 by Wallingford_Boy

So you think Chambers, checked his shoulder, saw the penalty area was empty and thought "nah, no need to close, I'll let him do what he wants"?!

Okkkkkkk.

My point was, McGuinness rightly got the blame, it was a wild slice. But the lack of urgency to close down in wide areas (Ward too) is just criminal.

We need full backs with energy, thats one of the fundamentals of being a full back!!

If you are a full back and they are willing to sling the ball in from well deep of the penalty spot you are generally quite happy - it's an area of the pitch you shouldn't concede goals from.

That's another issue with out full backs from the weekend, so many crosses from that position - that they scored from it is a freak. Get tight there and you get beaten and are in trouble, it's just a freak goal - one that we seemed to try and score ourselves as Chambers alone must have put in 5 crosses from a similar position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024