Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard - hmmm 13:23 - Jan 25 with 2912 viewsshamboy

In my simple mind, he would be the perfect fit for Town's next manager. Young, ambitious, intelligent, needed to reconsolidate. Has plenty of ties with the area, with quite a large property portfolio in and around Dedham.

It all feels right to me. Maybe line it up now, for next season.
Lampard - hmmm on 13:25 - Jan 25 with 2619 viewsDubtractor

I think you need to manage your expectations a little. Someone who was managing a team in the champions league isn't going to end up at a mid table league 1 club as their next job.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lampard - hmmm on 13:26 - Jan 25 with 2616 viewsStokieBlue

It's the stupidest suggestion I think I've heard in a while and the nonsense on Twitter about it makes us look ridiculous.

It's exactly the type of manager we don't need at the moment. We don't want a circus, we want someone to come in and turn things around from the bottom up as part of a long term project, not a stepping stone.

What on earth does one's property portfolio have to do with whether they are suitable to be our manager?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lampard - hmmm on 13:28 - Jan 25 with 2572 viewsfooters

Lampard - hmmm on 13:26 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

It's the stupidest suggestion I think I've heard in a while and the nonsense on Twitter about it makes us look ridiculous.

It's exactly the type of manager we don't need at the moment. We don't want a circus, we want someone to come in and turn things around from the bottom up as part of a long term project, not a stepping stone.

What on earth does one's property portfolio have to do with whether they are suitable to be our manager?

SB

It's up there with the apparently serious suggestions of Howe.

People need to adjust their expectations somewhat.

P.S. It's almost at the level of Frimley's Laurent Blanc suggestion!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 13:28]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lampard - hmmm on 13:29 - Jan 25 with 2552 viewsMetal_Hacker

You've been playing too much Fifa on the PS4

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lampard - hmmm on 13:30 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lampard - hmmm on 13:28 - Jan 25 by footers

hey, you don't get anywhere in life without trying lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lampard - hmmm on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 2526 viewsfooters

Lampard - hmmm on 13:30 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

hey, you don't get anywhere in life without trying lol

True! I miss our football club, Frimmers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lampard - hmmm on 13:36 - Jan 25 with 2503 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lampard - hmmm on 13:32 - Jan 25 by footers

True! I miss our football club, Frimmers.

Me too Footers, Part of me feels like ITFC no longer exists.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lampard - hmmm on 13:49 - Jan 25 with 2409 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why would we want someone that’s just been sacked by Chelsea as our manager?

We should try for Guardiola, or failing that Klopp although Liverpools recent form is a worry there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard - hmmm on 13:51 - Jan 25 with 2405 viewsghostofescobar

You mean Lampard Senior.... don't you? Otherwise, erm, not quite sure what to say. We are more likely to get Snr.

GhostOfEscobar

Lampard - hmmm on 15:07 - Jan 25 with 2292 viewshomer_123

Lampard - hmmm on 13:28 - Jan 25 by footers

Just imagine if Evans managed to get Howe though?

By crikeys that would upset the apple cart wouldn't it!

I know it won't happen but an Howe'esq appointment would be nice.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lampard - hmmm on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 2216 viewsprozach

He's been at two clubs who have spent a fortune during his tenure.

I think for that reason alone, he's not a good fit for us

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

Lampard - hmmm on 15:22 - Jan 25 with 2207 viewsChurchman

Why on earth would Lampard come here unless he enjoys self harming? Same with Howe. They would be crazy. We need to set our sights many divisions lower or with somebody who knows the club and is willing to try, such as Dyer.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 16:48]
Lampard - hmmm on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 2157 viewsGeorge25

I hope this is a joke as this is a stupid suggestion.
1. his wages why is he going go to league one club on less wages than the pay off payments at Chelsea, which would stop if he gets a new job.
2. he turned at down as a championship as our budgets was too small, don not think its got much bigger now.
Lampard - hmmm on 15:59 - Jan 25 with 2148 viewsKeno

we might end up with Frank

but it would be Frank Spencer

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lampard - hmmm on 16:27 - Jan 25 with 2091 viewsDevereuxxx

I don't think the journey from champions league football to mid-table League One is a very well-trodden one.

Also, if he couldn't organise world-class defenders, what's he going to do with Toto Nsiala?
Lampard - hmmm on 16:32 - Jan 25 with 2077 viewsjaykay

jesus wept. still i suppose we would be frank lampards ipswich
any one whose surname starts with lam is a no no

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lampard - hmmm on 16:35 - Jan 25 with 2061 viewsazuremerlangus

Perfect fit?

I would have thought you get the best manager that aligns with what you want to achieve and everything then fits around them - not the other way round?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Lampard - hmmm on 16:38 - Jan 25 with 2047 viewsKropotkin123

As if. I'd only take Lampard on if it was a Formula 1 pay to drive situation. So far he has failed with two big budgets.

Seriously don't understand how people can want FL, who was gifted positions at a high level, yet can't bring themselves to roll the dice with KD, who btw, actually has "ties with the local area" and is "young", "ambitious" and "intelligent".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lampard - hmmm on 17:01 - Jan 25 with 1993 viewscasanovacrow

Drugs are bad
Lampard - hmmm on 18:14 - Jan 25 with 1908 viewsArnieM

Lampard would be the last person I’d want as our next manager . He knows nothing if league one football nor what’s required to get of this division. He’d want ( indeed he requested I believe at his interview a £4m transfer kitty !!) lots of dosh. Clearly NOT a “perfick fit” for ITFC right now .

Nor is Dyer. Much touted on here by some. He has NO experience of management with Senior players , nor senior football. F he seriously want to manage Town, go off a get your apprenticeship done at league two for 2-3 years ... then maybe come back to the Club. To suggest him is almost a joke and fans believing he’s the one right now are living in a dream world made up of idealism and fantasy. This Club ( Evans) simply cannot afford to get this next appointment wrong.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lampard - hmmm on 18:46 - Jan 25 with 1840 viewsFreddy

Not sure what you're drinking shamboy but I ll have some
Lampard - hmmm on 19:03 - Jan 25 with 1807 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lampard - hmmm on 19:26 - Jan 25 with 1742 viewsTrequartista

Yes, if only so that when it all goes wrong we can call him Shampard.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lampard - hmmm on 19:38 - Jan 25 with 1704 viewsGiant_Midget

Knowing ITFC there'd be excitement of Frank coming in, and it'd turn out to be Frank from radio Suffolk.
Lampard - hmmm on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 1567 viewsChurchman

Lampard - hmmm on 18:14 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

Lampard would be the last person I’d want as our next manager . He knows nothing if league one football nor what’s required to get of this division. He’d want ( indeed he requested I believe at his interview a £4m transfer kitty !!) lots of dosh. Clearly NOT a “perfick fit” for ITFC right now .

Nor is Dyer. Much touted on here by some. He has NO experience of management with Senior players , nor senior football. F he seriously want to manage Town, go off a get your apprenticeship done at league two for 2-3 years ... then maybe come back to the Club. To suggest him is almost a joke and fans believing he’s the one right now are living in a dream world made up of idealism and fantasy. This Club ( Evans) simply cannot afford to get this next appointment wrong.

Dyer is 6 years older than Robson was when he took over a top flight club - ITFC. Apprenticeship? This is a club that’s heading rapidly to rock bottom in League position to fit with everything else about it. This club will be in league two within a few of years as things stand so for me it’s the perfect place to do his apprenticeship.

We are competing with the likes of Cheltenham and Colchester not Lincoln, Crewe, Luton or Barnsley let alone the Championship big boys like Preston and Blackburn. Peterborough came here Saturday and knew they’d win. It wasn’t in doubt. The same will probably happen tomorrow and a good hiding is in the offing on Saturday. How on earth could he do any worse? Better him than some old has been hoping for another go - like Lambert. I’d give him a try with a coach of his choice.

Shame Lambert will be here for a long while yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024