Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! 08:08 - Jan 26 with 2726 viewsitfcjoe

Or just lose and get it over and done with?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:08 - Jan 26 with 2323 viewsStokieBlue

Lose please.

Can't take anymore.

Horrible to say but it's gotten to that stage now that he needs to be gone and whatever needs to happen to make that happen in the quickest possible way then so be it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:12 - Jan 26 with 2296 viewsitfcjoe

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:08 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

Lose please.

Can't take anymore.

Horrible to say but it's gotten to that stage now that he needs to be gone and whatever needs to happen to make that happen in the quickest possible way then so be it.

SB

I'm with you, I'm hating watching it at the moment - it's done here and any day he is still here is a day wasted in trying to get out of this league

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:14 - Jan 26 with 2284 viewsTractorWood

No - I'm not sure why we have to do this with every manager. He's done. He's still going to be done in 2 weeks time.

I don't think the players will turn up tonight and we'll get battered. This will hopefully be the final straw.

Lambert will undoubtedly start with Judge, Bishop, Dozzell and Drinan upfront on his own. On paper fine but my word is it useless on grass. Seems like we're are playing with 10 men.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:15 - Jan 26 with 2270 viewsPJH

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:08 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

Lose please.

Can't take anymore.

SB

If only Hurst's team had lost at Swansea we could have got PL here two weeks earlier.
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:17 - Jan 26 with 2244 viewsBelsteadCav

Every loser wins

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:26 - Jan 26 with 2188 viewsStokieBlue

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:12 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

I'm with you, I'm hating watching it at the moment - it's done here and any day he is still here is a day wasted in trying to get out of this league

I do struggle wanting us to lose though, however it's the only way he's going to be gone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:28 - Jan 26 with 2170 viewsMetal_Hacker

If anything is going to happen IMHO tonight's result will be immaterial

I'm guessing decisions have been made which are going to have us happier or unhappier

Honestly feel tonight will have no bearing

Poll: If it were one or the other

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:31 - Jan 26 with 2144 viewsHarry_Palmer

Lose please.

Can't take anymore.

SB

Sadly I am with you on this. I was hoping an embarrassing defeat against Burton might have clinched it but we fluked the win.

I'd take another 0-1 defeat with 2 shots on target if it finally means we see back of Lambert.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:31 - Jan 26 with 2139 viewsHerbivore

I'll be upset if we lose, but I think I'd feel worse if we win. The only chance we have of going up this season is if Lambert is sacked ASAP and every stay of execution reduces our chances of success in the longer term. It's going to be a really unenjoyable watch tonight, I just hope it's the last time we have to endure watching Paul Lambert's Ipswich.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:32 - Jan 26 with 2133 viewshoppy

I want a win tonight, to actually beat one of the top sides and get rid of this supposed hoodoo, and give 3 more points on the board so there’s slightly less catching up the new manager has to do. The removal of Lambert should happen due to his position becoming untenable and ME coming to his senses.
Chelsea actually won on Sunday and Lampard was gone on Monday. (Totally irrelevant I know, but it’s a hope that the same can happen, rather than ever wishing us to lose, as I just can’t ever do that!)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:38 - Jan 26 with 2089 viewsmr_bean

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:32 - Jan 26 by hoppy

I want a win tonight, to actually beat one of the top sides and get rid of this supposed hoodoo, and give 3 more points on the board so there’s slightly less catching up the new manager has to do. The removal of Lambert should happen due to his position becoming untenable and ME coming to his senses.
Chelsea actually won on Sunday and Lampard was gone on Monday. (Totally irrelevant I know, but it’s a hope that the same can happen, rather than ever wishing us to lose, as I just can’t ever do that!)

I'm with you on that. I want us to win, but I want Lambert gone.

I also want Evans to have the humility to recognise that he hasn't got a clue when it comes to appointing a replacement, and to defer all recruitment responsibility to Sheepshanks.

Sigh. We can all dream, can't we?

Edit: Don't forget that Magilton was given the boot right after beating Norwich, so at least Evans had form on that front.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 8:43]
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:44 - Jan 26 with 2035 viewsParky

It’s got to the point now for the first time since supporting Town, I just don’t care.

Even if we win via a last minute scrappy winner, where there would normally be ‘limbs’, I just can’t get excited with this twàt in charge.
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:46 - Jan 26 with 2019 viewsIpswichKnight

I hate saying this but I wouldn’t be unhappy with a loss. It will I hope hasten the sacking of the fraud, however it’s ME we’re dealing with here so I fear we’re all going to have to suffer another game on Saturday with the fraud in charge.
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:49 - Jan 26 with 1995 viewsPlums

I’m conflicted.
Part of me hopes he drops Chambo after his interview - just to create the dressing room unrest (not saying Luke would cause a mutiny but the effect that would have on the others) that hastens the end.

I’d love us to win and get the three points as we can’t pass them up. The reality is that Lambert shouldn’t even be here to contest them but I suspect it will be a limp 0-2 reversal.

I hope the words ‘watching DVDs’ are in use before 22:00...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:49 - Jan 26 with 1991 viewsChrisd

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:32 - Jan 26 by hoppy

Very true Hoppy, but Chelsea have an owner with ambition who wants his club to be the best he ultimately didn’t feel Lampard was going to achieve this as their manager, club legend or not. Unfortunately, for us we have an owner who needs it clearly spelt out, any positive result against Sunderland tonight will only convince ME that PL is still the right man for the job.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 8:53]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:53 - Jan 26 with 1977 viewshomer_123

Sods law says that we'll turn them over and quite convincingly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:53 - Jan 26 with 1982 viewsitfcjoe

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:28 - Jan 26 by Metal_Hacker

I'm guessing decisions have been made which are going to have us happier or unhappier

If the Posh, Sunderland and Crewe games were make or break, as I've heard, and Phil has posted on here and the EADT boys have said, then surely tonights result will mkae a difference?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:56 - Jan 26 with 1962 viewsKieran_Knows

Just lose and get it over with. As you said yesterday, get Dyer and Butcher in charge for Saturday with the new man in the stands.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:01 - Jan 26 with 1934 viewslongtimefan

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:49 - Jan 26 by Plums

I’m conflicted.
Part of me hopes he drops Chambo after his interview - just to create the dressing room unrest (not saying Luke would cause a mutiny but the effect that would have on the others) that hastens the end.

I’d love us to win and get the three points as we can’t pass them up. The reality is that Lambert shouldn’t even be here to contest them but I suspect it will be a limp 0-2 reversal.

I hope the words ‘watching DVDs’ are in use before 22:00...

I’m not in the slightest conflicted. I want us to win, I could never wish a defeat on us. That said, I want Lambert gone as soon as possible.
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:05 - Jan 26 with 1909 viewsFrankfurtBlue

As if the OM is not depressing enough, what about other scenarios?

1. We lose tonight and continue to be poor for the rest of the season and Evans does nothing before it is already too late to rescue this season.

2. Worse still, the above, but he does nothing over the Summer either, and we go through this again next season.

3. Evans does wake up and sacks Lambert, pays him off and bites heavily into any budget we might otherwise have had for a new manager to make any future changes.

4. Evans appoints someone worse than, or as poor as, Lambert. Even someone more capable than Lambert will be constrained by Evans' incompetence.

5. The scenario I would prefer is that Lambert miraculously turns this around, starting with a great performance and 3 points this evening, and a non-losing run, seeing us as champions at the end of the season. He realises that his formation does not fit the players he has and makes the necessary changes, he coaches the players he has on their individual skills, he only plays players in their preferred positions, he realises that we need to pass and move forward with pace, via coached set patterns of play that the players fully understand and can master.

BTW, despite the above, I don't still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and I am not under the influence! It is just a faint and feeble hope.

I really do not want to wish us to lose any game, ever. WAKE UP, EVANS!!!
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:08 - Jan 26 with 1880 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 08:28 - Jan 26 by Metal_Hacker

You'd think so, and that would be the right way to go about it rather than blowing hot or cold on individual results. Whether it would result in the right decision is another matter entirely of course!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:09 - Jan 26 with 1871 viewshype313

As much as it goes against every fibre of my being, I would take a loss tonight for the greater good. I really can't see Lambert turning it around, there seems to be so many issues across the board with him in situ, we just need to lance the boil.

As Evans quite rightly said there are 75 (Well 72) points to play for, a decent manager would have excellent tools to work with and we could quite conceivably put a run together.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:21 - Jan 26 with 1810 viewsStewart27

Lose

What a horrible position to be in as a fan to have to say that.

For once I’d like sky to be their usual condescending selves on town’s awful plight. No doubt they’ll wax lyrical about how amazing Sunderland are - just like they did Wigan on the opening day - but this time I’d like our sad state of affairs to be hung out for all to see and hear.

Sad, sad times
Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:23 - Jan 26 with 1808 viewshype313

The main difference between us and Chelsea is the fact that the owner will happily sack a manager even if it costs him £10m, the problem we have is that our owner is dragging his heals on a severance package and is frantically clinging on the the notion that with players returning and new additions we might just limp over the line with a dreadful manager.

Lamberts record suggest we will be closer to a relegation dogfight rather than a promotion challenge.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Do we scrape a win tonight to give Lambert another 2 weeks then?! on 09:24 - Jan 26 with 1798 viewsDanTheMan

I can't honestly remember a time when the majority of people wanted us to lose.

In fact usually even the mere mentioning of it gets condemnation.

Amazing how bad things have been allowed to get.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024