Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement 11:57 - Jan 26 with 1537 viewsSomethingBlue

"We came from following our club to having to chase it."

Town should be doing everything to engage groups like this one, whatever the size. It shouldn't take much. The club is very fortunate to have their backing. Yet another example of the inattention and drop in standards that has led to where we are now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 11:59 - Jan 26 with 1498 viewsDanTheMan

I didn't know we even had an ITFC Serbia!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:00 - Jan 26 with 1474 viewsSomethingBlue

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 11:59 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

Doesn't sound like we'll have one for much longer unless the club wakes up.

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:01 - Jan 26 with 1464 viewspointofblue

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 11:59 - Jan 26 by DanTheMan

To be fair, I’m not sure if Marcus Evans realises there’s a fan group in Ipswich.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:01 - Jan 26 with 1464 viewschrismakin

What's sad is. You travel aboard people used to smile when you said you supported ipswich. You then spoke about the Robson years etc

Now they laugh

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:01 - Jan 26 with 1451 viewsfooters

We're just waiting for the white smoke signals from the Vatican supporters' group now.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 12:28]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:25 - Jan 26 with 1357 viewsdavblue

a really good letter again.

I just don't see how this continues all round for anyone it's so broken and a manager will help but i don't think it solves everything. The club really is on it's knees at the moment, it needs to be awoken again.
Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:27 - Jan 26 with 1341 viewsprozach

It's a really great statement, but sobering at the same time.

I'm glad a group of their size is speaking up; I hope the larger domestic supporters group here do the same. It's the only way we'll ever effect change, whether that's on and/or off the pitch

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:28 - Jan 26 with 1317 viewsdominiciawful

That quote stood out to me too.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:32 - Jan 26 with 1302 viewsSomethingBlue

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:25 - Jan 26 by davblue

I just don't see how this continues all round for anyone it's so broken and a manager will help but i don't think it solves everything. The club really is on it's knees at the moment, it needs to be awoken again.

Well put. The entire place has just been let to slide, slide, slide — and now that constant chipping-away at standards is coming home to roost in the worst way.

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:34 - Jan 26 with 1278 viewsnoggin

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:01 - Jan 26 by chrismakin

What's sad is. You travel aboard people used to smile when you said you supported ipswich. You then spoke about the Robson years etc

Now they laugh

Most have never heard of us now.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:43 - Jan 26 with 1221 viewsCBBlue

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:34 - Jan 26 by noggin

Indeed. In the early 2000's a group of us went to a Dutch holiday park and got chatting to the local lads there - 'ah Martijn Reuser' they said when the talk got onto football. Doubt many people would even recognise the name Ipswich Town nowadays.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:44 - Jan 26 with 1220 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:32 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

Well put. The entire place has just been let to slide, slide, slide — and now that constant chipping-away at standards is coming home to roost in the worst way.

The funny thing is, if they encouraged groups like this, however small now, it could be another revenue stream. I'm sure there are still lots of latent Town fans all over Europe, which is something a lot of clubs our size don't have. If the club had any nouse they'd be tapping into it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:46 - Jan 26 with 1193 viewsfooters

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:34 - Jan 26 by noggin

"You know Norwich, they were in the Premier League not so long ago?"

"Oh yes, they play in those horrible yellow shirts and were easily relegated."

"Well, the club I support used to be their local rivals. And we were sort of a big deal 40 years ago."

"Oh, that's nice."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:56 - Jan 26 with 1143 viewsclive_baker

Marcus Evans is a belgrade A tosser.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:56 - Jan 26 with 1138 viewsclive_baker

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:01 - Jan 26 by chrismakin

Now they laugh

Worse still, now they say 'who?'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 13:04 - Jan 26 with 1090 viewsSomethingBlue

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:44 - Jan 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

The funny thing is, if they encouraged groups like this, however small now, it could be another revenue stream. I'm sure there are still lots of latent Town fans all over Europe, which is something a lot of clubs our size don't have. If the club had any nouse they'd be tapping into it.

We have let so much drop off. It isn't too late to start clawing some of it back, though it's getting that way. Town still have a strong and fairly unique brand and (believe me on this) somehow remain a club people are *interested* in reading about, to a much larger extent than the vast majority of FL clubs. But none of that is going to last forever. Have said this a million times lately but ITFC has so much going for it and it's just been allowed to fester, while the club just talks itself into obscurity.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 13:04]

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 13:04 - Jan 26 with 1081 viewsSnedders

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:25 - Jan 26 by davblue

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/forever-indebted-huddersfield-tow

I just hope these guys at least get an interview. Let them talk to ME about what they did at Lincoln. There's so many similarities in this story to Lincoln then and us now....

"When Danny and Nicky Cowley joined Lincoln City as manager and assistant manager, respectively, in May, 2016 the club was on a life support machine."

"Beyond the pre-requisites of footballing nous and man-management skills, attention to detail and extraordinary work ethic, the first thing I noticed when they came to Lincoln was that they wasted no time in harnessing the local community."

"The Cowleys put themselves about, made time for the fans, seemed genuinely committed to the club and the city and were palpably dynamic in all they did."
Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 15:23 - Jan 26 with 930 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 12:56 - Jan 26 by clive_baker

Worse still, now they say 'who?'.

Trudat.

In Normal Times I travel to Portugal regularly as my in-laws are out there.
When I first started going, there would be smiles and fond talk of Sir Bobby, notably from fans of BOTH Lisboa clubs.

Now, as you say, there's blank looks.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 15:29 - Jan 26 with 906 viewsEdmundo

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 13:04 - Jan 26 by Snedders

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/forever-indebted-huddersfield-tow

I just hope these guys at least get an interview. Let them talk to ME about what they did at Lincoln. There's so many similarities in this story to Lincoln then and us now....

"When Danny and Nicky Cowley joined Lincoln City as manager and assistant manager, respectively, in May, 2016 the club was on a life support machine."

"Beyond the pre-requisites of footballing nous and man-management skills, attention to detail and extraordinary work ethic, the first thing I noticed when they came to Lincoln was that they wasted no time in harnessing the local community."

"The Cowleys put themselves about, made time for the fans, seemed genuinely committed to the club and the city and were palpably dynamic in all they did."

Lambert looked like he was going to do this, but he seems to have short term memory loss: as soon as we were relegated he assumed that the reaction at the Birmingham game meant all was tickety-boo, and downed tools.
In many ways he downed tools entirely from that point: Lee O'Neil could arguably have been the man to take up the slack but does anyone really know how he earns a penny of his salary? Presumably he's the person who picks up the phone from Marcus and runs around looking for Lambert to chat to him.
Total joke. Evans must take ultimate responsibility though. He's clearly of a mind that putting money in to keep us solvent is all he needs to do. He is not a competent business owner, not of our club.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 15:29 - Jan 26 with 902 viewsDarth_Koont

Now they laugh

We’ve fallen to the level of Young Boys Bern in the titter stakes.

Or Norwich.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 15:33 - Jan 26 with 882 viewsnoggin

Pretty stark quote in that Serbian fan group's statement on 13:04 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

We have let so much drop off. It isn't too late to start clawing some of it back, though it's getting that way. Town still have a strong and fairly unique brand and (believe me on this) somehow remain a club people are *interested* in reading about, to a much larger extent than the vast majority of FL clubs. But none of that is going to last forever. Have said this a million times lately but ITFC has so much going for it and it's just been allowed to fester, while the club just talks itself into obscurity.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 13:04]

The older Norwegians love ITFC, even if most support Liverpool or United. They will happily talk about the Robson years and most can name the players. The younger Noggins have never heard of us. Says it all really.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024