Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these Cornish shows on TV 13:19 - Jan 26 with 539 viewshype313

The past few weeks it seems like we have been hit with about 4 different shows about Cornwall, Julia Bradbury, Simon Reeve, Devon and Cornwall and the Fishing one, add Rick Stein's show it seems we are getting hit from all angles!

I didn't realise that Cornwall is one of , if not, the most deprived area of the UK, and Northern Europe if you look at the below.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

All these Cornish shows on TV on 13:48 - Jan 26 with 464 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I was trying to find the underlying statistics, to decipher what I'm actually looking at.

Is this just regional GDP, or is it GDP PPP?

GDP per capita is a fairly blunt measure as it doesn't take into account living costs. I.e. most of the places under poorest are fairly rural areas, clearly agricultural and associated industries do not pay as high salaries as for example financial services which will make up a high percentage of Inner London incomes.

Contrastingly the cost of living in Cornwall is much lower than Vienna!

Perhaps GDP PPP or the number of people living in poverty would be more relevant?
All these Cornish shows on TV on 14:35 - Jan 26 with 425 viewsNthQldITFC

Cornwall is rich in many of the things that matter most, which doesn't necessarily include the things that Worldwide Financial Planning thinks are important.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024