Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o 22:04 - Jan 26 with 2724 viewsunstableblue

... the manager!

We all want him gone. But the lads put in one hell of a shift tonight, and there was a lot to respect about the performance.

The Wolf and Downes were excellent.

Dozzell an enigma.

McGuinnes would do sh!t things and then brilliant things.

Drinan did well again.

Better from Chambo and Ward but I’m afraid there heads aren’t right.

But I’m afraid there were too many committed challenges and displays tonight for Marcus to be able to say ‘Lamberts lost the team’.

Not the binary match we all needed.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:08 - Jan 26 with 2323 viewshomer_123

Does it not rather beg the question of why that level of commitment was only seen tonight?

Not sure what game you watched but that goal was textbook Ipswich....awful defending from Ward and Wolf. They got so much joy down our left and Chambers a shadow of his former self.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:11 - Jan 26 with 2282 viewsitfcjoe

The last 3 games have been like that, there is professional pride - but ultimately we've failed and he has to go now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:12 - Jan 26 with 2265 viewsm14_blue

Meh, it was ok.

Defended well at times and yes put in some great blocks but I’m not sure any professional team would ever not do that would they?

The silly red card changed the game and a lack of discipline is often a symptom of a poorly managed group of players (or people in any walk of life).
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:12]
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:14 - Jan 26 with 2206 viewsChurchman

If we’d lost 10-0 Lambert would be here to stay. He’s fulfilling Evans’ brief admirably. They’ll both be happy as pigs in the brown stuff tonight.

We lost. At home. We didn’t score yet again. 3 point road delivered yet again. Another team left feeling they missed an opportunity to bump up their goal difference. I bet the mighty Crewe are really shaking in their boots re Saturday.
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:15 - Jan 26 with 2186 viewsArnieM

The lads might well have battled hard , but whichever way you want to view it , that’s 6 loses in last 7 home games now....that’s relegation form however you look at it. We can’t buy a goal. We haven’t had our strongest 11 out there all season due to the ridiculous injury and re injury rate at this club. There are huge problems behind the scenes , which manifest themselves on the pitch.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:15 - Jan 26 with 2182 viewsjayessess

I'd be disappointed if they downed tools to get rid of Lambert really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:16 - Jan 26 with 2141 viewstextbackup

"Drinan did well again."

what did he do well at? not winning a header..... barely controlling it..... running away from dozzell passing the ball to his feet..... not getting across his man at front post.....

if done well, is running around, then yeah, great player

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:17 - Jan 26 with 2135 viewsPlums

That was professionals playing for each other.
However we conceded a goal because our entire defence failed to get organised at an opposition goal kick. It was another example of poor shape, discipline and it cost us.
There were bright spots but the bar is low and a load of huff and puff isn’t good enough.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:19 - Jan 26 with 2085 viewstractordownsouth

Not sure you can read too much into that besides professional pride. Thomas was obviously keen to impress on his full debut and Edwards has been good for most of this season anyway, even when others haven't performed. Don't think any of the other performances deviated massively from being 6/10s.

Also worth remembering the picture of Chambers with his arm around Hurst after the late winner @ Swansea, then after he was sacked, Chambers gave an interview a month later implying he thought Hurst was a kn0b. Performances don't always tell the story about the relationships with management.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:20]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Yes, you’re bang on, that was poor defensive shape and set-up (n/t) on 22:20 - Jan 26 with 2059 viewsunstableblue

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:17 - Jan 26 by Plums

That was professionals playing for each other.
However we conceded a goal because our entire defence failed to get organised at an opposition goal kick. It was another example of poor shape, discipline and it cost us.
There were bright spots but the bar is low and a load of huff and puff isn’t good enough.

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 1981 viewsIpswichKnight

We’ve list 6 out of 7 at home but it’s ok the lads put a shift in. The cult of losing has well and truly set in. Imagine if that was that lot up the A140 they’d have the burning pitchforks out.
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:28 - Jan 26 with 1912 viewsArnieM

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:24 - Jan 26 by IpswichKnight

We’ve list 6 out of 7 at home but it’s ok the lads put a shift in. The cult of losing has well and truly set in. Imagine if that was that lot up the A140 they’d have the burning pitchforks out.

As Mick Mills has said , there standards amongst ALL concerned at Portman Road is now set far , far too low ....

And It starts from the very top !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:29 - Jan 26 with 1885 viewsbraveblue

Agree with most of that but the full backs are awful.
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 1850 viewsunstableblue

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:11 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

The last 3 games have been like that, there is professional pride - but ultimately we've failed and he has to go now.

Of course he has to go Joe! But end of McCarthy, Hurst, Jewell, the players were barely functioning on the pitch. Tonight they were putting their bodies on the line and in some cases putting in a massive shift. Downes ran a marathon.

All I’m saying is that it wasn’t Barnsley at home

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:31 - Jan 26 with 1836 viewsistanblue

What on earth were you watching?

''Wolf excellent''? Did you his 'defending' for the goal?

''Dozzell an enigma''? Apart from the pass for the Thomas chance he was poor.
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:33 - Jan 26 with 1797 viewsunstableblue

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:29 - Jan 26 by braveblue

Agree with most of that but the full backs are awful.

I was being kind - with a view to the Chambo can do no wrong crew.

Those two are having a shocking season now.

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:34 - Jan 26 with 1784 viewstractorboy1978

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:30 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

Of course he has to go Joe! But end of McCarthy, Hurst, Jewell, the players were barely functioning on the pitch. Tonight they were putting their bodies on the line and in some cases putting in a massive shift. Downes ran a marathon.

All I’m saying is that it wasn’t Barnsley at home

That says more about the professionalism of the players than Lambert.
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:35 - Jan 26 with 1763 viewsTrequartista

The effort was there, but lack of quality even though we had 10 men was evident. Players still underperforming. McGuinness was our best player tonight. Drinan is useless.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:36 - Jan 26 with 1742 viewsMrTown

I don’t think people do want to hear it, but you can’t say they didn’t put in the hard miles for the manager.

Tonight in isolation was not a bad display - a moment of idiocy from Jackson decided the game.

Flynn Downes was very good / like the look of Thomas

I personally thought Woolfenden was poor and Dozzell frustrating defensively.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:41 - Jan 26 with 1682 viewsParky

It’s not just about one game though is it? Any sane person can see the bigger picture and know that we’re going backwards. Out of Lambert’s 106 games in charge, we’ve won 35. Majority of them being in League One.

How low is the bar these days? “Players gave their all though”.
BINGO!!!!!! on 22:44 - Jan 26 with 1648 viewsunstableblue

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:28 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

As Mick Mills has said , there standards amongst ALL concerned at Portman Road is now set far , far too low ....

And It starts from the very top !

I absolutely it’s about standards!! We as a fan base are far tooo forgiving and lower our standards at the drop of a hat.

Take Skuse, lovely guy, and I get the ‘oh but he does so much off the ball that no one values’ argument. BUT, whenever Skuse really stepped up and GRABBED a game by its balls. We’d win. It was like 1 in 15.

Chambers has been a brilliant servant, great start to this season. But last what 10 games... woeful! And yet people blindly back him. Skinned week in week out in the Championship, Micks idea - where’s the outrage?

Match after march under Mick passed off the pitch?! No real protest till last 8 games.

Lambert glimmers of hope, but sh!te for too long, loads of us still accepting of it!!!

We haven’t had high standards at this club since Joe Royle, and as you say that starts at the top!

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:46 - Jan 26 with 1613 viewsunstableblue

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:41 - Jan 26 by Parky

It’s not just about one game though is it? Any sane person can see the bigger picture and know that we’re going backwards. Out of Lambert’s 106 games in charge, we’ve won 35. Majority of them being in League One.

How low is the bar these days? “Players gave their all though”.

Look I agree... I think I was just saying we all needed that woeful players not interested game to push Marcus over the edge.

Of course Lambert should have gone ages ago.

But yes his track record means he should be gone.

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:48 - Jan 26 with 1579 viewsjaykay

we all know he has to and if had any morals he would resign.
i can see where you coming from ,on the he hasn't lost the dressing room, as those with deffo info keep telling us.
what i saw from that game, as in many others our players ball watch. never know whats going on around them. can't close control a ball . some seem surprised when the ball comes to them.
jackson may have saved lambert for now by being sent off. as lambert can use that as a excuse why they lost.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:49 - Jan 26 with 1566 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with you that the response to playing for 80 mins with ten men was really good. We could have caved but did not. Credit also to PL for his approach - a containing game in the first half and then a more adventurous approach once he brought on Drinnan.

That said, we are kidding ourselves if we think we have quality players or a team that can compete at the top end of this division.

Chambers and Ward will battle but do not add much going forward. Ward has been really poor recently - was he one of those who got Covid? - and was out of position a number of times including the goal.

McGuiness is raw and prone to mistakes, Wolfenden hugely inconsistent. He has gone backwards over the last 12 months. Both of them got dragged out of position for the goal. Why was Dozzell the nearest player to Wyke?

Dozzell can clearly pass the ball well but can he hurt teams? Not convinced. I thought Downes did well but the notion that he is a Prem player in waiting is fanciful. Nolan was busy and probably the pick of the midfield. Edwards is in and out of games and his decision making - not playing in Ward who had a clear shot on goal - was poor. The new winger was bright early on but faded in the second half and should have done better with his chance.

I am not sure what to make of Jackson. It was a rash tackle and deserved red. I an not convinced he fits the system, either as lone striker or out wide. As much as Drinnan puts in a shift, no goals in three years for Town is rather stark.

Ironically, the two moments of quality in the game were Kenlock passes. I think this says more about the team than Kenlock,
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:50 - Jan 26 with 1554 viewsRegencyBlue

Plenty of effort but no quality whatsoever against what I thought was a very ordinary Sunderland side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024