Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Going down to 10 men cost us the game' 08:03 - Jan 27 with 582 viewsradiogaga

Were the tables to have been flipped and Sunderland had a player sent off instead of us, do people really think we would have beaten 10 men based on how things are going?

It obviously made things a lot lot harder for us without question, but it's an easy line to take after a defeat. I can think of several times watching ITFC when we've been unable to break down 10 men.

For what it matters, we probably wouldn't have won that game with 11 men anyway. Sunderland managed the game/ ball well and realistically they could have gone up a gear if they really needed to. We also didn't have to precede to play without a striker for 50 mins.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 8:09]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

'Going down to 10 men cost us the game' on 08:08 - Jan 27 with 546 viewsBluedanW

Lambert played self preservation tactics. He set the team up second half to hold a 1-0 defeat so he can hide behind the sending off. I would rather have a manager who actually would rather lose 3-0 and give it a go than just roll over and whimper. Just like our relegation season under him.
But then again he never sets out the team to give it a go.
What id give for the joe royle we will score one more than you tactics, I'm sure with our squad and in this league those tactics would be more fruitful
'Going down to 10 men cost us the game' on 08:26 - Jan 27 with 470 viewsSteve_M

Well, last time the opposition did go down to ten men against us it was used as a reason why our win shouldn't count for much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024