Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Lambert came in 10:54 - Jan 27 with 978 viewsHipsterectomy

He spoke about the negativity at the club, how it's been allowed to stagnate, how expectations have fallen well below what should be deemed the minimum here etc. He also said numerous times the club is much bigger than any manager and that things have been allowed to decline beyond what is acceptable.

Now he is clinging onto his job under 'professional pride', 'I have a job to do' and 'doing it for Marcus/the players'. At the weekend he said the performance was basically faultless when you even had Mick Mills saying he was happy that we started less terribly than we usually do. Spouting expectation-quelling garbage like 'no right to get promoted'.

It's irritating me he was so quick to blame everyone else to get his foot in the door and yet now he's doing all the negative things he spoke of, is desperately clinging on.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

When Lambert came in on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 952 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, just an absolutely massive contradiction

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When Lambert came in on 10:59 - Jan 27 with 914 viewsTieDyedIn95

I take the view that any manager working under Evans's set up will eventually give up on it, it's futile. We are dead. He came in with his sleeves rolled up, determined, focus and positive ready to do the work. Then after 6 months of working under Evans he had already all but given up.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

When Lambert came in on 11:02 - Jan 27 with 872 viewsHarlestonblue

Covid has given Lambert a free pass when it comes to crowd discontent. How toxic would PR be right now with fans in the stadium?
I can't wait to see the letter from Marcus at the end of yet another dismal season when he asks us to buy or renew season tickets. What spin can he possibly put on our dire predicament?
The negativity, apathy and hostility is gaining momentum now. If Lambert stays then thousands of fans disappear.
The season ended yesterday, January 26th, unless we get drawn into a relegation battle. Quite feasible, given we are sinking like a stone: 1st to 10th so far.
When Lambert came in on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 821 viewsNthQldITFC

When Lambert came in on 10:59 - Jan 27 by TieDyedIn95

I take the view that any manager working under Evans's set up will eventually give up on it, it's futile. We are dead. He came in with his sleeves rolled up, determined, focus and positive ready to do the work. Then after 6 months of working under Evans he had already all but given up.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. If the manager and his support set up are good enough they can build enough momentum throughout the whole club, on and off field, to drive the club upwards, despite a poor owner. Not easy, but not not impossible. Just needs the right brothers, sorry, candidate to do it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

When Lambert came in on 11:09 - Jan 27 with 807 viewsKeaneish

I’d like the press to start relaying his quotes back to him to frame conversation and hold him accountable. Saying and doing are two very different things. He needs to be asked some tough questions - he’s had our backing, it’s now time to hear him assess himself rather than listen to more hot air about everything and anything but.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When Lambert came in on 11:23 - Jan 27 with 719 viewsSteve_M

Yep, he was correct when he came in and his initial work to overcome that was very necessary. And then, from the time things started to go wrong* in Autumn 2019 he's been increasingly surly and become exactly what he criticised when he came in,.

Most of that is down to Lambert himself, some though is down to Evans and 13 years of pisspoor ownership.

* I didn't, and still don't, blame Lambert for relegation, the damage done by Hurst's approach to transfers was too great although there are criticisms of his decision making.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When Lambert came in on 11:29 - Jan 27 with 679 viewsRegencyBlue

In fairness I think working for the Evans regime must be a totally soul destroying experience.

Lambert has to go, without doubt, but does anyone seriously believe we will not be back in a similar situation in a couple of years, at most, without new ownership?
When Lambert came in on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 651 viewshomer_123

When Lambert came in on 11:23 - Jan 27 by Steve_M

Yep, he was correct when he came in and his initial work to overcome that was very necessary. And then, from the time things started to go wrong* in Autumn 2019 he's been increasingly surly and become exactly what he criticised when he came in,.

Most of that is down to Lambert himself, some though is down to Evans and 13 years of pisspoor ownership.

* I didn't, and still don't, blame Lambert for relegation, the damage done by Hurst's approach to transfers was too great although there are criticisms of his decision making.

It's is fair to say though, Steve, that Lambert didn't even make a fist of trying to stay up though did he?

Evans allowed Hurst to dismantle a more than half decent Champ squad, that is what Lambert inherited. No question there - but I'd find it incredible to believe staving of relegation wasn't his number one instruction from Evans.

So, as always, there are mitigating circumstances but he was appointed on the 27 October 2018 - and we got relegated. I'd argue he carries a significant proportion of blame.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

When Lambert came in on 13:20 - Jan 27 with 519 viewsTieDyedIn95

When Lambert came in on 11:07 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

I don't think that's necessarily the case. If the manager and his support set up are good enough they can build enough momentum throughout the whole club, on and off field, to drive the club upwards, despite a poor owner. Not easy, but not not impossible. Just needs the right brothers, sorry, candidate to do it.

Name one manager who has?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

When Lambert came in on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 488 viewsElephantintheRoom

Burnt-out gravy train rider hangs on to vast salary whilst awaiting even vaster pay-out shock.

Having said that do you not see a pattern developing with every manager under Evans giving up and waiting to trouser his pay-off?

Some people believed the offensive PR offensive that Lambo put into turbo mode on arrival.... those at the ground seemed unable to comprehend what they were watching as the collapse gathered pace and cheered him and his hapless, hopeless team to the rafters.

Perhaps its just something that cant be fixed with a few free pints and bus tickets

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024