Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal 11:22 - Jan 27 with 2673 viewschrismakin

What ever happened to selling players before their contracts ran out

Another fk up

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 2611 viewsJuggsy

If we are in League 1 next season we probably can’t afford him anyway - some big club like Wycombe will offer him better wages. Sad state of affairs isn’t it?
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 2583 viewsKeno

lets face if we end up in League 2 next season we couldn't be able to afford him anyway

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:37 - Jan 27 with 2553 viewsMrTown

He'll want to to make the step up. He won't sign anything we could afford to offer.

He'll move on in the summer, you can't blame him.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:37 - Jan 27 with 2554 viewsRegencyBlue

Not a great surprise, Evans has previous for this.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:39 - Jan 27 with 2538 viewschrismakin

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:37 - Jan 27 by MrTown

He'll want to to make the step up. He won't sign anything we could afford to offer.

Oh no defo I'd do the same.

Just thought we would try cash In whilst we still can.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:25 - Jan 27 with 2441 viewsPhilTWTD

Think the salary cap is going to cause the delay on re-signing players on contracts and some big decisions as some senior players will definitely have to go.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:30 - Jan 27 with 2397 viewsHerbivore

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:39 - Jan 27 by chrismakin

Oh no defo I'd do the same.

Just thought we would try cash In whilst we still can.

Doubt anyone would have been willing to pay money for him last summer to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:31 - Jan 27 with 2391 viewsSlambo

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:37 - Jan 27 by MrTown

Bit of a 'mate of a mate' story, but a pal of mine is a personal trainer and uses the same gym as a physio at Town. Reckons Gwion considers his time at Ipswich to have been a spectacular waste of time. Hardly a surprise, but if we even could offer him acceptable terms I very much doubt he'd accept them...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:33 - Jan 27 with 2378 viewsIP4_Blue

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:31 - Jan 27 by Slambo

Bit of a 'mate of a mate' story, but a pal of mine is a personal trainer and uses the same gym as a physio at Town. Reckons Gwion considers his time at Ipswich to have been a spectacular waste of time. Hardly a surprise, but if we even could offer him acceptable terms I very much doubt he'd accept them...

Not a suprise at all shame started promising who can forget goal home to Norwich
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:33 - Jan 27 with 2378 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:34 - Jan 27 with 2370 viewsTieDyedIn95

What like when McAuley, Leadbitter, Delaney and co all walked away for free. It's not like this has happened before under Evans.

Think of the savings!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 2328 viewsFixed_It

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:25 - Jan 27 by PhilTWTD

Think the salary cap is going to cause the delay on re-signing players on contracts and some big decisions as some senior players will definitely have to go.

We will look a very different team next season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:49 - Jan 27 with 2313 viewsBeckets

Makes it important that whatever happens Lambert is not involved in any contractual decisions this summer. With loanees and out of contract players it amounts to about 30 players.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:50 - Jan 27 with 2310 viewsitfcjoe

It has been, and the deals Hurst's Hotshots signed where effectively prove it deals that got slashed in half in relegation - so he's not even earned good money whilst being at a bigger club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 14:24 - Jan 27 with 2153 viewsScuzzer

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:33 - Jan 27 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Gosh! Our leading goalscorer and hes not even a footballer!

Established 1968

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 14:26 - Jan 27 with 2146 viewshype313

To be honest that could be said for 90% of the signings made in the past 2 years.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 15:47 - Jan 27 with 2048 viewsCrockerITFC

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:47 - Jan 27 by Fixed_It

Definitely, the most striking thing for me yesterday was the core of our team and their average age. Woolfie - 22 / McGuinness - 20 / Dozzell - 21 / Downes - 22 / Drinan - 22. That was half our team yesterday. They're great players and superb talents for their age but that's a lot of pressure to pile on kids week in week out.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 15:54 - Jan 27 with 2036 viewslongtimefan

That’s the main point isn’t it. If, as seems likely we’re still in League 1 next year, with the salary cap in place we won’t even be able to offer them as much as they’re on now. I believe in those circumstances they become free agents anyway.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 17:37 - Jan 27 with 1949 viewssouthnorfolkblue

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 11:37 - Jan 27 by RegencyBlue

Not a great surprise, Evans has previous for this.

Long time ago though to be fair.

Just look at the number of options that we have on the contracts expiring this summer. Edwards contract also had an option for an extra year. Evans has learnt his lesson on that.

Poll: Our final position

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 1938 viewsPhilTWTD

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 15:54 - Jan 27 by longtimefan

That’s the main point isn’t it. If, as seems likely we’re still in League 1 next year, with the salary cap in place we won’t even be able to offer them as much as they’re on now. I believe in those circumstances they become free agents anyway.

Indeed, I think that will be the case. Also there is the question of who the new manager might want to keep and how many of his own players he might want to bring in. There will need to be space in the squad for them.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 1936 viewsPJH

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 12:47 - Jan 27 by Fixed_It

A better one hopefully and with a better manager.
So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 17:41 - Jan 27 with 1933 viewswkj

If only manager salaries were part of the cap too.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 18:48 - Jan 27 with 1841 viewsBluedanW

So Edward's hasn't even discussed a new deal on 17:41 - Jan 27 by wkj

If only manager salaries were part of the cap too.

Our players who are apparently trying so hard and cant give anymore will jump ship in a heartbeat as soon as another club come knocking for them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024