Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? 12:46 - Jan 27 with 6943 viewsCoco

What if we beat little ol' Crewe? Is all ok again? Surely it's done?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 3897 viewsStokieBlue

Don't think you need to worry about us beating them or anyone else really.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 3890 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I'm also interested to see Phil's take on it now- seemed to think it was a matter of when not if, so im hoping that is still the case!
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 3879 viewsJackPITFC

Depressing on a daily basis now, ME is clueless wasting valuable time. Seems awfully quiet today, hopefully Phil has some good news.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 12:49]
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:54 - Jan 27 with 3800 viewspointofblue

From what was said before I think Lambert was getting Peterborough, Sunderland and Crewe so I don’t think there will be any changes until after the weekend. And if we do beat them...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:56 - Jan 27 with 3762 viewsIP4_Blue

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:54 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

From what was said before I think Lambert was getting Peterborough, Sunderland and Crewe so I don’t think there will be any changes until after the weekend. And if we do beat them...

I think from what Joe said the decision will be made so even if we beat Crewe he will be gone
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 3723 viewspointofblue

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:56 - Jan 27 by IP4_Blue

I think from what Joe said the decision will be made so even if we beat Crewe he will be gone

Interesting but then why give him Crewe?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:59 - Jan 27 with 3713 viewsitfcjoe

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:56 - Jan 27 by IP4_Blue

If you have 3 games to save it, and you lose the first 2 at home - surely that should be it? is 3 points enough from those 3 games? Does Jackson red card extend it?

Only one person knows the answer to that - but that person does seem to be incredibly slow at reacting - but also part of that slowness is because he likes to get next man in place which may take time.

But, I will be fuming if Lambert is in charge this time next week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 3675 viewsclive_baker

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:59 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

If you have 3 games to save it, and you lose the first 2 at home - surely that should be it? is 3 points enough from those 3 games? Does Jackson red card extend it?

Only one person knows the answer to that - but that person does seem to be incredibly slow at reacting - but also part of that slowness is because he likes to get next man in place which may take time.

How utterly ridiculous that we have an owner running the club on the basis of one result to the next, and even questioning if a red card influences that stay of execution. If he doesn't have confidence in the manager, he needs to act upon it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 3673 viewspointofblue

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:59 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I’ll say it now, with no reason behind it other than gut feeling, that if we win at Crewe he gets at least another two matches.

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:03 - Jan 27 with 3645 viewsChrisd

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 12:54 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

If true, what's the the point of waiting for the Crewe result? Is beating Crewe suddenly going to make us L1 promotion contenders? Of course not. The stat where we can't beat any of the Top 6 or 7 sides in this league says all you need to know.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:07 - Jan 27 with 3548 viewsIP4_Blue

Yes it should be it. I hope Jackson red card does not extend it, it certainly should not. PL will not be sacked because of last night, his sacking is well overdue. I am not one to not give a manager a chance PL has had more than enough time.

I am hoping the slowness is Evans getting the next man in place.

Same too I will be fuming
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 3423 viewsParky

Surely if Evans was planning a replacement and sacking Lambert, he would just get rid now and have Dyer and Butcher as caretaker managers until the replacement is found?
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 3417 viewshadleighboyblue

Phil / Joe, I got the feeling from PL's post match comments that he has given in and is just waiting for the push and the pay off - almost inviting it .

There is no fight left in him , it looks like he wants it to end .
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 13:15]
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:16 - Jan 27 with 3346 viewsMonkeyAlan

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:07 - Jan 27 by IP4_Blue

Yes it should be it. I hope Jackson red card does not extend it, it certainly should not. PL will not be sacked because of last night, his sacking is well overdue. I am not one to not give a manager a chance PL has had more than enough time.

I am hoping the slowness is Evans getting the next man in place.

Same too I will be fuming

I have this terrible feeling he will still be here next week whatever happens Saturday. Evans is digging his heals in like a petulant child who won't be told. Evans you muppet.
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 3330 viewsIP4_Blue

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:16 - Jan 27 by MonkeyAlan

I have this terrible feeling he will still be here next week whatever happens Saturday. Evans is digging his heals in like a petulant child who won't be told. Evans you muppet.

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:32 - Jan 27 with 3205 viewsElderGrizzly

Little ol' Crewe who are above us of course...
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:44 - Jan 27 with 3121 viewsitfcjoe

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:13 - Jan 27 by Parky

Surely if Evans was planning a replacement and sacking Lambert, he would just get rid now and have Dyer and Butcher as caretaker managers until the replacement is found?

That doesn't seem to be how it works when we've sacked Magilton, Keane and Hurst a new man has been in place straight away....only time it hasn't were when Jewell resigned and Mick's strange exit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:51 - Jan 27 with 3041 viewsazuremerlangus

ME has his line in the sand - anybodies guess which game it is before the play-offs is mathematically out of reach.

Paul Cook is primed waiting for the phone call.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:54 - Jan 27 with 2997 viewsBeckets

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:51 - Jan 27 by azuremerlangus

ME has his line in the sand - anybodies guess which game it is before the play-offs is mathematically out of reach.

Paul Cook is primed waiting for the phone call.

But if he appoints Cook won’t he have to pay compensation to the administrators at Wigan as well as paying off Lambert and Co. I would have thought that increased the chances of the Cowleys getting the job.
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 14:02 - Jan 27 with 2920 viewsazuremerlangus

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:54 - Jan 27 by Beckets

But if he appoints Cook won’t he have to pay compensation to the administrators at Wigan as well as paying off Lambert and Co. I would have thought that increased the chances of the Cowleys getting the job.

I think if he is going to pull the trigger soon to save the season, promotion etc he will accept the added cost to secure the right candidate. Otherwise there isn’t really any point.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 14:03 - Jan 27 with 2907 viewsTractorCam

Exactly this, for a team who wants promotion, surely the minimum would be 6 points?

What good is a win against Crewe and 2 more goalless home defeats added to Lambert's impressive record.

And if it is basically done, why hasn't it been announced? Will immediately stop all the negativity and stop people cancelling season tickets etc, this whole situation is incredible.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 14:07 - Jan 27 with 2868 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 14:03 - Jan 27 by TractorCam

Exactly this, for a team who wants promotion, surely the minimum would be 6 points?

What good is a win against Crewe and 2 more goalless home defeats added to Lambert's impressive record.

And if it is basically done, why hasn't it been announced? Will immediately stop all the negativity and stop people cancelling season tickets etc, this whole situation is incredible.

Yep, by announcing it next week, the club could potentially have lost another hundred or so ST holders. It's a ridiculous way of doing things, but not surprising really.
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 15:22 - Jan 27 with 2634 viewsArnieM

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 13:13 - Jan 27 by hadleighboyblue

Phil / Joe, I got the feeling from PL's post match comments that he has given in and is just waiting for the push and the pay off - almost inviting it .

There is no fight left in him , it looks like he wants it to end .
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 13:15]

Tbh he HAS been very ill with CoVid. He is still a human be8ng all said and d9ne and although he has failed in his task at the Club, the guy isn’t a nasty or bad individual IMO. . Yes he needs to go, but I hope Town fans show some respect when he does.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 2514 viewslevelneville

My view is that ME is waiting for PL to resign...body language says that he is hoping he will be totally fed up with the pressure and criticism and leave/resign, but I think ME will have to wait for that. I don't think ME will want to part with any money to pay off anyone judging by past events (Magilton) unless he absolutely has to...the fitness guy on leave in Scotland. I think that we will have to wait as it's going to be like a poker game, guess who makes the next move and what. ME must be aware of the fans feelings after that dreadful press release a few weeks ago, but wait we will.
Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 15:43 - Jan 27 with 2470 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil - Surely this is beyond a game by game basis now? on 15:22 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Tbh he HAS been very ill with CoVid. He is still a human be8ng all said and d9ne and although he has failed in his task at the Club, the guy isn’t a nasty or bad individual IMO. . Yes he needs to go, but I hope Town fans show some respect when he does.

Yes, he came here full of good intentions and enthusiasm, and although he has failed and must go, we must make sure we don't get too carried away with insults and vitriol in our frustrations. Not good for anybody.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024