Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday 18:15 - Jan 27 with 3426 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 2557 viewsthebooks

Odd, as he turned down Cardiff for the same reason. He must be worth a decent job?

Can but hope... Offer him 5 years, Evans.
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:18 - Jan 27 with 2514 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:17 - Jan 27 by thebooks

Odd, as he turned down Cardiff for the same reason. He must be worth a decent job?

Rather see Cowleys take over but at this point Anyone But Lambert will do. I’d even take Hurst back at this point

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 2476 viewsLankHenners

It *feels* like him or the Cowleys would be the choice when Lambert goes. Both clearly keen for a 'project' which they'll be given time to oversee here. Think I'd prefer the latter on balance but wouldn't complain either way.

Not worth getting too excited though as we'll end up seeing Neil Harris holding up a Town scarf on the PR pitch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 2451 viewswkj

I have a lot of respect for Cook. Short contracts for a manager early in their career can be a death knell if they can't perform the miracle expected of them. Imho an initial contract should be a standardised to at least 1 full season + whatever remains if hired mid season.

However, I do also believe there should be performance criteria that if is not met within an agreed period of time leaves the club the option to fire the manager with reduced/no compensation.

But there we go.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:24 - Jan 27 with 2391 viewswkj

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:20 - Jan 27 by LankHenners

It *feels* like him or the Cowleys would be the choice when Lambert goes. Both clearly keen for a 'project' which they'll be given time to oversee here. Think I'd prefer the latter on balance but wouldn't complain either way.

Not worth getting too excited though as we'll end up seeing Neil Harris holding up a Town scarf on the PR pitch.

I honestly think Cook and BROS Cowley won't come here. They're of a reputation and stock value higher than ours, and continues to widen the longer we play "chicken" with Lambert.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 18:28]

Crybaby

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:27 - Jan 27 with 2354 viewsChrisd

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:17 - Jan 27 by thebooks

If he’s after a decent job, it won’t be here then.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:31 - Jan 27 with 2289 viewsitfc1108

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:24 - Jan 27 by wkj

I honestly think Cook and BROS Cowley won't come here. They're of a reputation and stock value higher than ours, and continues to widen the longer we play "chicken" with Lambert.

I think the one good thing about Evans is that he does give his managers time, and this will probably attract a better calibre of candidate than we deserve at the moment.
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:37 - Jan 27 with 2198 viewswkj

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:31 - Jan 27 by itfc1108

I think the one good thing about Evans is that he does give his managers time, and this will probably attract a better calibre of candidate than we deserve at the moment.

Fundamentally, I agree - but he also likes to ask the departing manager their advice on who to hire next - if he does this with Lambert well end up with Alex McLeish or Walter Smith

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:38 - Jan 27 with 2179 viewsChrisabian

I would imagine it's the short term deal that was the big sticking point for him.

If we were able to tempt him here, and it has to be a fairly sizeable 'if' you'd imagine, the big selling point would be the time and freedom he'd get to shape us how he likes. If Lambert can survive this long, bearing in mind he should have been out the door after failing last season, then Cook would have a sizeable amount of time here.

Here's hoping. Cook or Cowley for me.
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:39 - Jan 27 with 2170 viewsitfcjoe

Cowleys will - not sure re Cook.....interesting he’s turning down these short term deals

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 2124 viewswkj

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:39 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Cowleys will - not sure re Cook.....interesting he’s turning down these short term deals

Well, the clock is running out for Evans. If we somehow end up completely folding and drop down (unlikely, but not impossible for this season at least) - Then Paul Hurst will start looking above our capabilities of hiring, let alone the Cowley clan.

Crybaby

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 2125 viewsParisBlue

There's also the opportunity to improve things, build and get some momentum, promotion and mid-table in the Championship would be seen as a good job.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:46 - Jan 27 with 2076 viewsKeaneish

How are the Cowleys or Cook beyond us? They’ve never manager any club bigger than ours. Portsmouth arguably the same size.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:48 - Jan 27 with 2057 viewswkj

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:46 - Jan 27 by Keaneish

How are the Cowleys or Cook beyond us? They’ve never manager any club bigger than ours. Portsmouth arguably the same size.

Cowleys did Huddersfield, and a decent job - shouldn't have been canned. Paul Cook is getting interest from clubs above our own.

Crybaby

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 2001 viewsistanblue

That must obviously mean he's coming to Ipswich!!
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:56 - Jan 27 with 1962 viewsChrisd

You do make a good point and he doesn’t appear to interfere too much on footballing matters, but remember these calibre of candidates recently include PH and our current manager. If there is a job available out of work managers are going to apply regardless, ME isn’t going to go for someone already employed. The problem we have is ME has to sort through the applications to find the right candidate and that’s a big concern for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:58 - Jan 27 with 1939 viewsMrTown

I think he’ll get a better job than us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 1774 viewsgazzer1999

Yes, you are right he gives them time Lamberts got another 4 years to go.
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:28 - Jan 27 with 1723 viewsVic

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:48 - Jan 27 by wkj

Cowleys did Huddersfield, and a decent job - shouldn't have been canned. Paul Cook is getting interest from clubs above our own.

Beg to differ - Huddersfield are not as big as us. Crowds consistently smaller than ours and have no history to speak of.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 1682 viewsBent_double

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 18:58 - Jan 27 by MrTown

I think he’ll get a better job than us.

A better paid job though?

It's well known that PL is on a decent whack here - would a new manager be offered the same or more, with promotion bonuses?

Then, as others have mentioned, it's not going to be a 6-month deal, it will probably be a 2.5yr contract minimum (assuming it happens post-Crewe), plenty of time for a decent manager to get a tune out of a half-decent bunch of players, which will hopefully persuade some to stay-on into next season, assuming we are still L1, and within the bounds of the salary cap, of course.

As long as ME puts a relegation clause in any managers contract of course, just incase things 'start going all Lambert' again.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 1679 viewswkj

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:28 - Jan 27 by Vic

Beg to differ - Huddersfield are not as big as us. Crowds consistently smaller than ours and have no history to speak of.

Here is where things get objective, what you say is true, but then they did have a run in the premier league a lot more recently than us.

Crybaby

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:36 - Jan 27 with 1644 viewsPique

Would that be the same Huddersfield that have won the title three times?
Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:38 - Jan 27 with 1621 viewsDubtractor

Huddersfield no history?

Are you sure?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 1572 viewsVic

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:32 - Jan 27 by wkj

Here is where things get objective, what you say is true, but then they did have a run in the premier league a lot more recently than us.

A run? Two seasons! I’m not sure that makes them a bigger club than us really! Prior to that they hadn’t been in the top flight for since 1970 something!

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 1529 viewsVic

Paul Cook has turned down Sheff Wednesday on 19:38 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Huddersfield no history?

Are you sure?!

Well, if you go back to the 1930’s then yes. But what have they done in the last 50 yrs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024