Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pfizer jab side effects 07:49 - Jan 28 with 4159 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone heard any more about potential side effects of the Pfizer jab?
In the early days I heard that there could be mild side effects much like a hangover. Since then I have heard little more about it. Until my niece had the jab.

She is in her early twenties and is working in a hospital performing tasks like proning covid patients. Because of this she had the pfizer jab last week and has been off work since then with fatigue, light headedness and an increased heart rate. She spoke to her GP after severa days of feeling like it and the GP put it down to the affect of the vaccination, and commented that she was their third patient like it that day. Which seems quite a lot for a rural GP surgery in North Wales.

I wonder if this was a bad batch or whether such side effects are more common than I was expecting

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:33 - Jan 28 with 3190 viewsParsley

Side effects with vaccinations are fairly common as your immune system is learning how to deal with the virus and different people will react to it differently. The side effects should be lesser than the impact that the full blown virus would have, so while not ideal hopefully things will be better in the long run. Hope your niece is ok.
Pfizer jab side effects on 08:38 - Jan 28 with 3160 viewshomer_123

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:33 - Jan 28 by Parsley

Side effects with vaccinations are fairly common as your immune system is learning how to deal with the virus and different people will react to it differently. The side effects should be lesser than the impact that the full blown virus would have, so while not ideal hopefully things will be better in the long run. Hope your niece is ok.

Worth noting that the Pfzier vaccine doesn't contain any live virus.

"The Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine that has both synthetic, or chemically produced, components and enzymatically produced components from naturally occurring substances such as proteins. The vaccine does not contain any live virus"

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:53 - Jan 28 with 3092 viewsBlueAlex

I hope she's ok. Great that she's been offered the vaccine and thanks to her for the role she's doing too.

As a frontline NHS worker I've had my first dose along with many colleagues. Most of us had sore arms and a few had mild fatigue for a day or two but nothing more than that. My wife had the Oxford one as she works in a different Trust and she had similar effects.

Obviously we're all learning as we go with this to some extent, including GPs. I have proposed some research within our local Trust about some of the psychological processes that might also be associated with having the vaccine. I'm thinking particularly about things like anxiety, relief etc and how these affect us physically alongside things like a good degree of underlying stress that many workers are already experiencing. I think any effects are a combination of physical and psychological.
Pfizer jab side effects on 08:56 - Jan 28 with 3088 viewsStokieBlue

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:33 - Jan 28 by Parsley

As Homer has pointed out, Pfizer is a mRNA vaccine and as such it doesn't contain a watered down version of the virus at all. It contains just the "code" for the body to create the spike protein and nothing else.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:57 - Jan 28 with 3083 viewsFixed_It

My mum had it with no ill effects. Hopefully your niece will be fine soon, and protected so that she can continue with her valuable work.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:00 - Jan 28 with 3060 viewshype313

Pfizer jab side effects on 08:56 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

As Homer has pointed out, Pfizer is a mRNA vaccine and as such it doesn't contain a watered down version of the virus at all. It contains just the "code" for the body to create the spike protein and nothing else.

SB

Was chatting with my next door neighbour yesterday who is a Nurse at Ipswich Hospital and she is currently off work having been diagnosed with Covid, however she was vaccinated last week with AZ, I do wonder if PCR tests pick up small fragments of the virus to then proclaim she has covid, even though it's the small viral load from the vaccine? The day before her vaccine she tested negative, just a thought, not sure if there would be any credence in this.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:00 - Jan 28 with 3056 viewsVic

My daughter is a nurse and had the jab a couple of weeks ago. Sore arm and really tired the next day but right as rain after that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:01 - Jan 28 with 3044 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But what are you really saying here Mr Sentence!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:09 - Jan 28 with 3009 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

One of my staff (in his 70s and not working currently)had the jab two weeks ago. I spoke to him Monday and he said he had a high temperature, a dry mouth and a funny smell under his nose first thing in the morning.

I advised him to dial 119 and speak to his Doctor, he was told that is a side effect of the jab. I'm not sure if it was Pfizer or not though, I didn't ask him.
Pfizer jab side effects on 09:10 - Jan 28 with 2991 viewshype313

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:09 - Jan 28 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

One of my staff (in his 70s and not working currently)had the jab two weeks ago. I spoke to him Monday and he said he had a high temperature, a dry mouth and a funny smell under his nose first thing in the morning.

I advised him to dial 119 and speak to his Doctor, he was told that is a side effect of the jab. I'm not sure if it was Pfizer or not though, I didn't ask him.

He hadn't been engaging in fellatio by any chance?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:15 - Jan 28 with 2969 viewssolemio

When you go for your jab they tell you a list of possible side effects -well, they did where I went in St Albans. All three of those you mention were touched on.

Best wishes and thanks to her.
Pfizer jab side effects on 09:19 - Jan 28 with 2942 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:10 - Jan 28 by hype313

I'll have to ask him! 🤣🤣
Pfizer jab side effects on 09:22 - Jan 28 with 2938 viewsLRB84UK

I had mine last week as I'm a hospital worker and I had zero side effects, as did hubby who is also NHS. I help run a hospital vaccine clinic and work in a department of over 150 people we've all had ours and I know of only 2 people who have felt unwell. 1 had a headache and 1 had a bit of fatigue.

It might be that she was brewing something before this and the jab just brought it out a bit quicker.

Hope she's soon feeling better
Pfizer jab side effects on 09:23 - Jan 28 with 2934 viewsoldbluey

I had the jab a couple of weeks ago. I felt a bit dodgy the next day for a couple of hours but have been fine since then.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:26 - Jan 28 with 2914 viewsChurchman

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:00 - Jan 28 by Vic

My daughter is a nurse and had the jab a couple of weeks ago. Sore arm and really tired the next day but right as rain after that.

Exactly the same as my dad. Hopefully any side effects will wear off quickly for people.
Pfizer jab side effects (n/t) on 09:29 - Jan 28 with 2899 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:10 - Jan 28 by hype313

[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 9:30]
Pfizer jab side effects on 10:09 - Jan 28 with 2805 viewsCotty

I believe the main side effect is not dying of Covid
Pfizer jab side effects on 10:18 - Jan 28 with 2759 viewsGeoffSentence

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:09 - Jan 28 by Cotty

I believe the main side effect is not dying of Covid

Strictly speaking that is not a side effect, it is the effect.

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 2745 viewsBloomBlue

My Sister-in-law had it and spent 2 days in bed with a horrible migraine and it also caused blurred vision and was told that was a side effect, but it went off on the 3rd day and all fine now
Pfizer jab side effects on 10:22 - Jan 28 with 2735 viewsfactual_blue

My new second head does exactly what Bill Gates tells it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:23 - Jan 28 with 2734 viewsGeoffSentence

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:01 - Jan 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

But what are you really saying here Mr Sentence!

Just trying to get a picture of what the side effect situation is. Aside from very early on there has not been much information about the side effects so I thought that anything other than very mild side effects was going to be rare. That there were 3 people contacting a small, rural GP surgery on the same day because the side effects were strong enough to concern them disturbed my early understanding.

The response from the Twtderatti has, as is often the case, been re-assuring.

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:24 - Jan 28 with 2727 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:23 - Jan 28 by GeoffSentence

Just trying to get a picture of what the side effect situation is. Aside from very early on there has not been much information about the side effects so I thought that anything other than very mild side effects was going to be rare. That there were 3 people contacting a small, rural GP surgery on the same day because the side effects were strong enough to concern them disturbed my early understanding.

The response from the Twtderatti has, as is often the case, been re-assuring.

I knew that...not being one for perceived sub plots!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:25 - Jan 28 with 2732 viewsPinewoodblue

You should be handed details of the vaccine, list of side effects etc when you receive your jab. In the same way as such information is supplied with any other medication, not that people bother to read it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:28 - Jan 28 with 2723 viewsGeoffSentence

Pfizer jab side effects on 09:00 - Jan 28 by hype313

Was chatting with my next door neighbour yesterday who is a Nurse at Ipswich Hospital and she is currently off work having been diagnosed with Covid, however she was vaccinated last week with AZ, I do wonder if PCR tests pick up small fragments of the virus to then proclaim she has covid, even though it's the small viral load from the vaccine? The day before her vaccine she tested negative, just a thought, not sure if there would be any credence in this.

The PCR test can pick up small viral fragments, long after the period of infectiousness is over. This is, I believe, why WifeSentence is no longer required to take a regular covid test for a few weeks, since it would still pick up traces of her infection and so be of no value.

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:30 - Jan 28 with 2713 viewsGeoffSentence

Pfizer jab side effects on 10:22 - Jan 28 by factual_blue

My new second head does exactly what Bill Gates tells it.

That must be the one with the altered-DNA, micro-chip and that is acting as a receivor for 5G.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024