Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? 10:36 - Jan 28 with 2565 viewsJackSted

Get rid of all the overpaid, dead wood players and get in ones who think it's a privilege to play for our club
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 10:56]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:40 - Jan 28 with 2538 viewsDanTheMan

No.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:41 - Jan 28 with 2534 viewsParsley

It makes it more of a level playing field, so really important that you have a manager that can get the most out of the squad...
Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:43 - Jan 28 with 2522 viewsGuthrum

Will it do that? Where will the 'overpaid' go to?

And will their cheaper, but privilege-feeling replacements actually be any good?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:44 - Jan 28 with 2520 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's a disaster for a club like ours who bring in so much more revenue than other, tiny clubs in this league. It is a massive handicap.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:45 - Jan 28 with 2509 viewschrismakin

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:44 - Jan 28 by JammyDodgerrr

It's a disaster for a club like ours who bring in so much more revenue than other, tiny clubs in this league. It is a massive handicap.

I think the cap is wrong. It should be based on what you as a club can afford

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:51 - Jan 28 with 2479 viewsSparky85

Salary cap in league 1 - £2.5m
Salary Cap in Championship - £18m (I don't even think this is in play yet)

This is why it was so important to get out of this league this season. The gulf between divisions could leave us here for a long, long time
Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:56 - Jan 28 with 2452 viewsTonytown

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:51 - Jan 28 by Sparky85

This is why it was so important to get out of this league this season. The gulf between divisions could leave us here for a long, long time

It should be a cap based on revenue.

It penalises bigger clubs with more revenue.

If we sold a player for £10m, we can only invest that in transfer fees and not wages, or paying back the debtors

It is great if you are Accrington though
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 10:57 - Jan 28 with 2443 viewsGavTWTD

No

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:00 - Jan 28 with 2407 viewsSparky85

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:56 - Jan 28 by Tonytown

It should be a cap based on revenue.

It penalises bigger clubs with more revenue.

If we sold a player for £10m, we can only invest that in transfer fees and not wages, or paying back the debtors

It is great if you are Accrington though

Agreed! The whole basis of the cap is wrong and % of T/O would be fair.

Otherwise you are just penalizing bigger clubs.
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:03 - Jan 28 with 2393 viewsBlueNomad

There is no upside. Putting current problems (Lambert etc) aside we have shown that we can regularly draw in 19-20k in this division. We therefore take in £X which should be used by the club as it sees fit. If far fewer people go to Fleetwood then they should look at how they can get more, difficult I know when PNE and Blackpool are down the road and many other big clubs not much further away - not our problem.

Would Man City and Chelsea et al accept only spending as much money as Burnley?
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:03 - Jan 28 with 2390 viewsBluefish

Good thing for football but an absolutely disastrous thing for Ipswich

It also leave the championship in a right mess, the teams that come up are poorer than ever whereas the teams that come down from PL just keep getting richer

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:05 - Jan 28 with 2379 viewsBasuco

Yes, it will help take a level of control back from agents to clubs, football needs to become sustainable and money grabbing agents are making it unsustainable.
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 2370 viewslmfcblue

yeah its a good idea and will sort the men out from the boys when it comes to how good the management team and the coaching is.
Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:16 - Jan 28 with 2339 viewsFixed_It

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:43 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Will it do that? Where will the 'overpaid' go to?

And will their cheaper, but privilege-feeling replacements actually be any good?

Probably not. And if they did feel 'privileged' enough to manage to get us promoted, the gap would be so huge that they'd come straight back down in embarrassing fashion.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 11:19]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:17 - Jan 28 with 2333 viewsNthQldITFC

The Kiwi version:

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:18 - Jan 28 with 2325 viewsFixed_It

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 10:57 - Jan 28 by GavTWTD

No

No. It will consign us to this god-awful division for years and years. Can't see any positives in that I'm afraid.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:22 - Jan 28 with 2295 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:05 - Jan 28 by Basuco

Yes, it will help take a level of control back from agents to clubs, football needs to become sustainable and money grabbing agents are making it unsustainable.

In principle it could do that. I'm not sure the vast difference between the leagues and exclusion of the PL is going to do anything other than increase the gap in quality between the leagues.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 11:45 - Jan 28 with 2237 viewsPendejo

Long term, salary caps should be good for sustainability of the pyramid, encourage good management and coaching of players to achieve success.

In current form bad for ITFC as it means we get no advantage over smaller clubs, which means in future operating on a level playing field with the likes of Wycombe Wanderers over whom we had such an advantage over last season... Ah, erm, well. Lambert out!

Seriously though it should also deflate what Championship clubs are willing to pay and reduce stockpiling.

Contracts would need re-drafting to take into account promotion / relegation.

Might create more hunger and desire in up and coming players whilst also motivating those coasting or on a downward trajectory into trying a bit harder in their mercenary exploits.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:53 - Jan 28 with 2220 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 10:51 - Jan 28 by Sparky85

Championship clubs, led by Norwich and Brentford rejected the cap last week.
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 12:08 - Jan 28 with 2205 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Yes! Marcus!
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 12:24 - Jan 28 with 2164 viewsGodBlue

Said it at the time of the vote, but a salary cap is absolutely the right thing to do... BUT only if it's done right!

The issue with this implementation of it, is that they've started it halfway down the pyramid, which I suspect is going to be disastrous in the mid-term!

A salary cap in football makes total sense, as it will make the game less about money, will make it more of a level playing field and (dare I say it) might even encourage more investment into lower league football clubs.

But it HAS to be a tiered approach across every tier of football, and it should have starter at the top, otherwise it's only going to cause a wider gap between those that have one and those that don't.

It feels to me like a prelude to the top two leagues breaking away into their own Prem1 and Prem 2 situation. Whether or not it makes sense to want to be a part of that, without a salary cap at that level, I really don't know.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 12:25]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 12:33 - Jan 28 with 2127 viewsGeorge25

I think the salary cap being brought in to stop clubs going under was pointless. the clubs that have been in financial difficulty is because the owner stopped financing the club, yes having large wages bills would of not helped but it was not the main cause. personally it was used to make a more equal playing field and i think it was wrong it was sold the other way.
Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 12:35 - Jan 28 with 2120 viewsGeorge25

Anyone else think the salary cap will be a good thing? on 11:00 - Jan 28 by Sparky85

Agreed! The whole basis of the cap is wrong and % of T/O would be fair.

Otherwise you are just penalizing bigger clubs.

that was their before. however the issue was the time lag in prosecuting clubs the broke financial fair play.
Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 2068 viewsjayessess

It's likely bad for us, because we're a badly-run club with a god-awful scouting department that doesn't develop its players after they hit the first team and never looks like creating a team stronger than the sum of its parts.

Great news for financially poorer clubs which are run properly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone think the salary cap could be a good thing? on 13:14 - Jan 28 with 2061 viewsmonytowbray

Depends if you live in reality or the myth that damaging your club intentionally is somehow a magic formula to come back better.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024