Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? 15:35 - Jan 28 with 3194 viewsStadiumofdark

Who would you have?

Keane for me - just for the love the press conferences.

(Mick deliberately excluded)
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 2539 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick to return. Club run wild with #unfinishedbusiness hashtag. Jonny Williams in on loan for the 17th time as we go unbeaten for rest of season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:55 - Jan 28 with 2501 viewsDinnernotTea

Hurst.

Still irritates me he gets the blame for us being in L1. He admitted in interview the very first budget sheet he was shown didn't have McGoldrick's name on it which was news to him. Evans then agreed to sell Waghorn, Garner, Webster, McGoldrick released and Celina went back to his parent club. There is absolutely no way he would've accepted the job had he known 5 first teamers and good players were being let go. Granted his signings weren't good enough but he had a matter of weeks to field an 11 and with no contacts higher up in the game we got sub standard second tier quality, but that summer window was suicidal by Evans.

Unpopular opinion but if he was given nearly 110 games like Lambert has we would be higher than 10th in League One.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 2475 viewsBlueBadger

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:55 - Jan 28 by DinnernotTea

Hurst.

Still irritates me he gets the blame for us being in L1. He admitted in interview the very first budget sheet he was shown didn't have McGoldrick's name on it which was news to him. Evans then agreed to sell Waghorn, Garner, Webster, McGoldrick released and Celina went back to his parent club. There is absolutely no way he would've accepted the job had he known 5 first teamers and good players were being let go. Granted his signings weren't good enough but he had a matter of weeks to field an 11 and with no contacts higher up in the game we got sub standard second tier quality, but that summer window was suicidal by Evans.

Unpopular opinion but if he was given nearly 110 games like Lambert has we would be higher than 10th in League One.

'Evans then agreed to sell Waghorn, Garner, Webster..'

Hurst had the final say on whether they went or not...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 2470 viewsBlueBadger

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:55 - Jan 28 by DinnernotTea

Hurst.

Also: LOL.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 2470 viewsLowie

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 15:57 - Jan 28 by BlueBadger

Also: LOL.

Keane - he would put a rocket up this lot. I would imagine he has learned a lot since his stint with us too.

Lambert's team are currently the worst coached Ipswich side in history.

There is no way we'd be where we are now even if Hurst had been given the time Lambert has.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 16:14]
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 2430 viewsBryanPlug

Hurst.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:13 - Jan 28 with 2416 viewsSuperCoops

Pointless question. It's definitely not going to be Hurst or Keane, and hopefully not the other one either.
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 2395 viewsDinnernotTea

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:10 - Jan 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Haha I know I'm the 1% who has that opinion but I remember we lost a league cup tie at Exeter (yet again against lower league opposition). And he finally called it out for what it is, senior pros going through the motions and nothing at the club will change until attitudes change. He was spot on and the same players still churning out half hearted performances see us sitting in 10th. (They even told Lambert a full 30 games to go that they couldn't stay up, downed tools as we all know.)

Personally wished he was given 1 year as summer 2018 window was a horror show by Evans. Whoever runs our dressing room should've left a long time ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:22 - Jan 28 with 2385 viewsStadiumofdark

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:13 - Jan 28 by SuperCoops

Pointless question. It's definitely not going to be Hurst or Keane, and hopefully not the other one either.

Pointless reply, but I hope you're correct
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:23 - Jan 28 with 2376 viewsSuperCoops

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:22 - Jan 28 by Stadiumofdark

Pointless reply, but I hope you're correct

But you started it! Rar rar rar...
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:26 - Jan 28 with 2370 viewsLowie

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:19 - Jan 28 by DinnernotTea

Haha I know I'm the 1% who has that opinion but I remember we lost a league cup tie at Exeter (yet again against lower league opposition). And he finally called it out for what it is, senior pros going through the motions and nothing at the club will change until attitudes change. He was spot on and the same players still churning out half hearted performances see us sitting in 10th. (They even told Lambert a full 30 games to go that they couldn't stay up, downed tools as we all know.)

Personally wished he was given 1 year as summer 2018 window was a horror show by Evans. Whoever runs our dressing room should've left a long time ago.

Agreed re: who runs our dressing room. Hurst was right about the issues here. He wasn't the right medicine to fix them, but he had it absolutely bang on.

There is an ingrained culture of under achievement, half arsed-ness and going through the motions and that win, lose or draw it didn't really matter.

We need a huge clear out in the summer, regardless of who the manager is.
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:33 - Jan 28 with 2344 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would still have Lambert. Hurst is obviously even worse(as shown by his failures since) and Keane is just unforgivable, especially after the stuff he laid out in his book. Lambert is clearly a terrible coach but the players still seem to be trying, at least.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:38 - Jan 28 with 2346 viewscasanovacrow

Hurst.

I agree. Unpopular opinion but you're not alone.

Hurst was told to change us from a negative hoofball team to a passing one without the players, time or budget to to it. Didn't help that quite a few players got too comfortable under Mick and had a strop that they were asked to train harder.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:38]
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:55 - Jan 28 with 2324 viewsLankHenners

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:38 - Jan 28 by casanovacrow

I agree. Unpopular opinion but you're not alone.

Hurst was told to change us from a negative hoofball team to a passing one without the players, time or budget to to it. Didn't help that quite a few players got too comfortable under Mick and had a strop that they were asked to train harder.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:38]

This idea that's sprouted up for some reason* that the players gave up because Hurst wanted them to train more or because they felt it was a lost cause is a load of nonsense. Anyone who believes that can come and see me as their wallets are due for an inspection.

*unless people are referring to an interview given by a current Championship goalkeeper speaking in his 2nd language, in which case, ffs.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 16:55]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 2263 viewspointofblue

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:19 - Jan 28 by DinnernotTea

I’d argue Hurst was great at diagnosis but had no idea about the required treatment. To be fair, perhaps he wasn’t given the tools to overhaul the club. I’d say Keane was similar in seeing the issues the club had but unable to fix them and that was with Evans more engaged than 2018/19 and with a bigger budget. Lambert seems utterly clueless both ways.

If I had to choose someone... Hurst. Because I fear how Keane would deal with the academy players and surely Hurst couldn’t be any worse than Lambert is?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:32 - Jan 28 with 2249 viewsDinnernotTea

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:25 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

I’d argue Hurst was great at diagnosis but had no idea about the required treatment. To be fair, perhaps he wasn’t given the tools to overhaul the club. I’d say Keane was similar in seeing the issues the club had but unable to fix them and that was with Evans more engaged than 2018/19 and with a bigger budget. Lambert seems utterly clueless both ways.

If I had to choose someone... Hurst. Because I fear how Keane would deal with the academy players and surely Hurst couldn’t be any worse than Lambert is?

He was employed June - October. Absolutely no man or manager could overhaul the club in that time frame, not long term anyway. Have a feeling our limp senior pros made the decision more so than Evans but who knows.

It is what it is but why he sacked him to then offer this clown his job and the pointless winter 2019 window God knows.

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 2239 viewscasanovacrow

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 16:55 - Jan 28 by LankHenners

This idea that's sprouted up for some reason* that the players gave up because Hurst wanted them to train more or because they felt it was a lost cause is a load of nonsense. Anyone who believes that can come and see me as their wallets are due for an inspection.

*unless people are referring to an interview given by a current Championship goalkeeper speaking in his 2nd language, in which case, ffs.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 16:55]

Second language or not it seemed pretty clear what he was saying. Not just that though is it, Hurst said people at the club wernt buying into his new ideas when he left. The players admitted they were finding the new training hard even way back on their pre-season camp. What with that and the drop off in performances it is a reasonable conclusion.
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 2237 viewspointofblue

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:32 - Jan 28 by DinnernotTea

He was employed June - October. Absolutely no man or manager could overhaul the club in that time frame, not long term anyway. Have a feeling our limp senior pros made the decision more so than Evans but who knows.

It is what it is but why he sacked him to then offer this clown his job and the pointless winter 2019 window God knows.

My reaction to hearing about Lambert’s appointment was we may as well have kept Hurst. Nothing has changed my mind since that day.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:14 - Jan 28 with 2174 viewsLankHenners

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 17:37 - Jan 28 by casanovacrow

Second language or not it seemed pretty clear what he was saying. Not just that though is it, Hurst said people at the club wernt buying into his new ideas when he left. The players admitted they were finding the new training hard even way back on their pre-season camp. What with that and the drop off in performances it is a reasonable conclusion.

The point of the second language is that the nuances of what someone is saying isn't picked up because they use a more general phrase or word instead. People used to go absolutely rabid when Jonas Knudsen said things that were obviously meant one way, but would be deliberately taken another because his choice of words was imperfect.

They said it was more physical, and probably did find it harder work than they might have done before. However the main complaint was that it was all about the hard work and much lighter on what to actually do with the football, which was evidenced by most of the games in Hurst's short tenure.

There wasn't really a drop off, it was a consistent level of high effort but little quality overseen by both Hurst and Lambert. Hurst should probably look a little closer to home if he's whining people didn't listen to him. If you're going to put so much stock in Bart's words then it's odd to ignore him mentioning Hurst accusing the senior players of only being in it for the money and having no desire etc. Just absolutely shambolic man management which is only the fault of one person.

That the players gave up or didn't want to try and fight to avoid relegation is such a non-starter it's ridiculous that people believe any part of it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:16 - Jan 28 with 2162 viewsgordon

Do you really thing that Ipswich's woes stem from 14 years of old pros going through the motions?
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:24 - Jan 28 with 2133 viewscasanovacrow

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:14 - Jan 28 by LankHenners

The point of the second language is that the nuances of what someone is saying isn't picked up because they use a more general phrase or word instead. People used to go absolutely rabid when Jonas Knudsen said things that were obviously meant one way, but would be deliberately taken another because his choice of words was imperfect.

They said it was more physical, and probably did find it harder work than they might have done before. However the main complaint was that it was all about the hard work and much lighter on what to actually do with the football, which was evidenced by most of the games in Hurst's short tenure.

There wasn't really a drop off, it was a consistent level of high effort but little quality overseen by both Hurst and Lambert. Hurst should probably look a little closer to home if he's whining people didn't listen to him. If you're going to put so much stock in Bart's words then it's odd to ignore him mentioning Hurst accusing the senior players of only being in it for the money and having no desire etc. Just absolutely shambolic man management which is only the fault of one person.

That the players gave up or didn't want to try and fight to avoid relegation is such a non-starter it's ridiculous that people believe any part of it.

Maybe you're right, there's so much stink of it though.

It maybe me misinterpreting things but there's plenty there at the club going back to the days of Shane Supple going by that he said about his time here..
This comment by Chambo also doesn't give a good light to things in the Hurst era to me either
"Sometimes you look around when you’ve been beaten and there are a few lads laughing and joking but the realisation needs to be that now is the time, if there’s ever a time in your career, that you need to knuckle down"

Like I say, maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, it all does wiff a bit though
Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:27 - Jan 28 with 2126 viewsitfcjoe

Hurst has gone to Scunthorpe with a decent sized budget ant totally failed and was sacked in 8 months, he’s since gone to Grimsby and it’s 1 point in 4 games so far - including getting tonked at local rivals, Scunthorpe!

Whilst I don’t think we’d be any worse than 10th under him in L1 had he stayed, he clearly was useless and plenty of people rewriting history to make out that he was a decent manager let down by senior pros. His recruitment was pony and we are still suffering for it now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:28 - Jan 28 with 2114 viewsBlueBadger

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:16 - Jan 28 by gordon

Do you really thing that Ipswich's woes stem from 14 years of old pros going through the motions?

I think that all the people who are blaming the past decade on Skuse and Chambers are wildly overestimating their abilities, ironically.

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:29 - Jan 28 with 2123 viewsitfcjoe

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:24 - Jan 28 by casanovacrow

Maybe you're right, there's so much stink of it though.

It maybe me misinterpreting things but there's plenty there at the club going back to the days of Shane Supple going by that he said about his time here..
This comment by Chambo also doesn't give a good light to things in the Hurst era to me either
"Sometimes you look around when you’ve been beaten and there are a few lads laughing and joking but the realisation needs to be that now is the time, if there’s ever a time in your career, that you need to knuckle down"

Like I say, maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am, it all does wiff a bit though

If the dressing room wasn’t decent and run well by the players they’d have chucked the towel in and forced out Lambert a long time ago - a shame they haven’t in that respect!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keep the same squad - Lambert, Hurst or Keane to manage the rest of the season? on 18:35 - Jan 28 with 2092 viewsBlueBadger

Wow, there's some spectacular revisionism in this thread, even by the standards of this place.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024