Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth going on loan 10:52 - Jan 29 with 2082 viewsKeaneish

Just read that Lambert intends to loan out El Miz, Dobra and McGavin. Seems to me another bad decision. I’d argue that McGavin is better than Dozzell in that deeper role and should arguably be starting or at least on the bench as he offers something different.

Dobra is an impact player and has the ability to change games. Should be on the bench regularly and getting minutes frequently.

El Miz is the only one I’d consider for a loan but he’s looked bright when he’s played and should be another option from the bench.

We’re too wedded to like for like players who slow the game down : Huws, Nolan, Judge. These youth players offer more impetus. Lankester another being overlooked.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Youth going on loan on 10:54 - Jan 29 with 1901 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...I thought we were struggling due to having so many fixtures?

....if this is true, then Lambert cannot complain about fixture congestion and size of squad.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Youth going on loan on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 1889 viewsBlueBadger

To be honest, anything that gets them some proper coaching rather than stagnating under him works for me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Youth going on loan on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 1878 viewshomer_123

The fact El Miz hasn't gotten a look in is the most odd. I'm not saying he is the single solution to our problem but given that Dobra, Gibbs etc. haven't ripped up trees (withouth being poor - and they need game time so I am not complaining) - it's notably odd that El Miz cannot get game time here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Youth going on loan on 10:58 - Jan 29 with 1847 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youth going on loan on 10:56 - Jan 29 by homer_123

The fact El Miz hasn't gotten a look in is the most odd. I'm not saying he is the single solution to our problem but given that Dobra, Gibbs etc. haven't ripped up trees (withouth being poor - and they need game time so I am not complaining) - it's notably odd that El Miz cannot get game time here.

Didnt Joe or someone say that El Miz was in bad books for wanting to come back from loan?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Youth going on loan on 11:02 - Jan 29 with 1818 viewsgordon

Out of El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin and Lankester, I'd be keen to send out McGavin and Lankester - think they'd probably both benefit from playing a run of games in League Two.

It's been the worst bit of the season that we've ignored/loan out El Mizouni & Dobra, while giving game time to Bennetts, Gibbs, Huws, Sears, Lankester & Judge in midfield / wide forward positions, none of whom have looked effective.
Youth going on loan on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 1809 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Could we possibly loan Lambert out?

Youth going on loan on 11:07 - Jan 29 with 1794 viewsHerbivore

Lambert doesn't trust the kids at all. At every opportunity his strategy has been to bring in yet more players that push our youngsters further from the first team. He's done that in every transfer window he's had, and the average age of his signings is pretty high. He doesn't know what to do with the kids, he usually gets sacked before he has the chance to actually build and develop from within the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Youth going on loan on 11:07 - Jan 29 with 1795 viewsjayessess

McGavin vs. Huws is a particularly weird one. At one point Lambert was doing everything in his power to keep Huws as far away as possible from the first team. There was even one point where Huws, apparently fit, was left out of the 18 so we could start a midfield of McGavin, Dozzell and Gibbs. Brett was firmly above Huws in the pecking order for five games, then disappeared from the squad entirely.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Youth going on loan on 11:07 - Jan 29 with 1795 viewsBasuco

Young players need competitive game time, the U23 league does not give this and is not fit for purpose IMO, regular first team games at a lower level where mistakes are not so harshly looked at is essential for player development. So I think it is a very good idea to loan them out. Look back how Mark Noble developed with us and how well he has done back at West Ham, also Flynn Downes at Luton, it gives a player a real opportunity to show what he can do with a reduced level of expectation.
Youth going on loan on 11:12 - Jan 29 with 1771 viewsRadlett_blue

Youth going on loan on 11:07 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Lambert doesn't trust the kids at all. At every opportunity his strategy has been to bring in yet more players that push our youngsters further from the first team. He's done that in every transfer window he's had, and the average age of his signings is pretty high. He doesn't know what to do with the kids, he usually gets sacked before he has the chance to actually build and develop from within the club.

Most managers these days get sacked before they get any benefit themselves from developing young players, so naturally they are reluctant to play them. The painful reality is also that most young players won't make it as fully fledged first team players. Often that is clear, but you do get the occasional late developer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Youth going on loan on 11:13 - Jan 29 with 1762 viewsBasuco

He wasn't getting that much game time at Cambridge either if I remember correctly, only starting 3 times, so wanting to return would be understandable and if you can't hold down a regular start place in L2, to expect him to be able to offer more than Bish, Dozzell and Edwards in L1 would be a big ask.
Youth going on loan on 11:16 - Jan 29 with 1747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youth going on loan on 11:07 - Jan 29 by Basuco

Young players need competitive game time, the U23 league does not give this and is not fit for purpose IMO, regular first team games at a lower level where mistakes are not so harshly looked at is essential for player development. So I think it is a very good idea to loan them out. Look back how Mark Noble developed with us and how well he has done back at West Ham, also Flynn Downes at Luton, it gives a player a real opportunity to show what he can do with a reduced level of expectation.

Alot of players like you have mentioned go on loan when they are 18 years old and at a club which plays at a high level.

Idris is 20 and Dobra will shortly be 20, arguably they should be competing for first team inclusion at a League 1 side. They are both good enough to be in and around the first team, at least on the bench.

That wasnt the case for the likes of Downes and Noble at the time of their loans.

Youth going on loan on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 1733 viewsKieran_Knows

But I thought we played the most youths or something this season (or whatever stupid comment Lambert made a few weeks - possibly months - back now).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Youth going on loan on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 1729 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youth going on loan on 11:13 - Jan 29 by Basuco

He wasn't getting that much game time at Cambridge either if I remember correctly, only starting 3 times, so wanting to return would be understandable and if you can't hold down a regular start place in L2, to expect him to be able to offer more than Bish, Dozzell and Edwards in L1 would be a big ask.

Lambert regularly complains about fixture congestion so no one is suggesting he can walk straight into the first team. More that he could be an important squad player.

There was a suggestion that Idris didnt fit the system at Cambridge that was already working well. We cant judge everything by what happened at Cambridge.

Harry Kane didnt set the world alight at Leicester, Millwall or Norwich.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 11:19]

Youth going on loan on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 1715 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youth going on loan on 11:12 - Jan 29 by Radlett_blue

Most managers these days get sacked before they get any benefit themselves from developing young players, so naturally they are reluctant to play them. The painful reality is also that most young players won't make it as fully fledged first team players. Often that is clear, but you do get the occasional late developer.

Thats a fair point....

....but when you have a terrible record over 2 years, what harm can trying youngsters do?

Youth going on loan on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 1719 viewsitfcjoe

Just the classic muddle from the manager who doesn't want to use loan players but has now ended up with 4 of them and is trying to sign a 5th

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youth going on loan on 11:22 - Jan 29 with 1713 viewsitfcjoe

If he plays at all for us he can't go out again on loan which is seemingly what they want to do with him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Youth going on loan on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 1654 viewsIpswichKnight

2 champions league teams now been after Dobra, yet we want him to play for the King George V 3XI in the Dog and Hounds league ( junior section ). Here’s an idea build up his confidence and ability by picking him in the 18 and if not playing have him as an impact Sub..... I know we will lose him for a couple of groats in the off season and next time he will ripping up the CL under world class coaching and not run by a bunch of frauds.
Youth going on loan on 11:46 - Jan 29 with 1626 viewsRobTheMonk

Youth going on loan on 11:21 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

Just the classic muddle from the manager who doesn't want to use loan players but has now ended up with 4 of them and is trying to sign a 5th

This. He said that loans were unsustainable and here we are again.

I do think Thomas is a good one though, although we do now have two right sided wingers on loan (lol) when a fullback is argubly more pressing.

Harrop is another who has potential, but again, we have Bish, Judge, Dobra and El Miz is back.
Youth going on loan on 11:49 - Jan 29 with 1620 viewsKeaneish

Youth going on loan on 11:21 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

No sooner had I posted that then Lambert comes out with a statement saying “Dozzell could be a driving force in the middle for years” - sorry but Dozzell is not a driving force and nor will he ever be, it’s not his game.

Youth going on loan on 11:49 - Jan 29 with 1613 viewstractordownsouth

Unless we're going to terminate Bennetts loan, then I think El Mizouni and Dobra should be a case of keep 1 and loan 1. We've got to offer them a path into the first team either here or elsewhere.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Youth going on loan on 11:54 - Jan 29 with 1596 viewsKeaneish

Youth going on loan on 11:49 - Jan 29 by tractordownsouth

Unless we're going to terminate Bennetts loan, then I think El Mizouni and Dobra should be a case of keep 1 and loan 1. We've got to offer them a path into the first team either here or elsewhere.

Bennett’s can go. I don’t see the value in him being here now we have Thomas and Harrop. It just stints profession of the youth.

Youth going on loan on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 1583 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Youth going on loan on 11:49 - Jan 29 by tractordownsouth

Terminating that loan sounds like a very good idea.

Youth going on loan on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 1573 viewstractordownsouth

Youth going on loan on 11:54 - Jan 29 by Keaneish

Bennett’s can go. I don’t see the value in him being here now we have Thomas and Harrop. It just stints profession of the youth.

This January window seems similar to Lambert's first one in 2019 - he's just stockpiling. He brought in Callum Elder to compete with Kenlock after Knudsen refused to sign a contract, played Elder for a few games, randomly chucked Knudsen in for the East Anglian Derby and then we barely saw Elder again. Bennetts, Lankester, Dobra and Judge have all played on the wing with Edwards at some point this season - he can't make his mind up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Youth going on loan on 12:14 - Jan 29 with 1551 viewsSwansea_Blue

mcgavin is an odd one. I'd definitely want him getting some game time through the back half of the season and he's good enough/ready. It's not a sign that Scuse is coming back soon is it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024