Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
under rated players 22:21 - Jan 29 with 532 viewsjaykay

as we had a thread on under rated players and one about danny hegan.
so thought i would post a pic with danny hegan plus maybe bobby hunt and ken handcock as under rated players

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

under rated players on 22:49 - Jan 29 with 487 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I don't think Hunt was under-rated. He was decent but he just wasn't quite up to the standard of the players around him. It was when we signed O'Rourke to be Crawford's strike partner that we went on a long unbeaten run and finished as tier 2 champions.

I hate to be harsh on Hunt (an honest trier) but, in my view, if we had continued with him and Crawford as strikers we would probably have fallen short... The Golden Years under Robson would not have happened.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 22:50]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

under rated players on 04:02 - Jan 30 with 420 viewsstiff_talking

under rated players on 22:49 - Jan 29 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't think Hunt was under-rated. He was decent but he just wasn't quite up to the standard of the players around him. It was when we signed O'Rourke to be Crawford's strike partner that we went on a long unbeaten run and finished as tier 2 champions.

I hate to be harsh on Hunt (an honest trier) but, in my view, if we had continued with him and Crawford as strikers we would probably have fallen short... The Golden Years under Robson would not have happened.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 22:50]

What a wonderful photo and great to look back at better days

It is important that younger generations realize the high standards and great players we had back then.

Thanks for the post !

If people have memories of this time please share it!
under rated players on 04:04 - Jan 30 with 419 viewsstiff_talking

under rated players on 04:02 - Jan 30 by stiff_talking

What a wonderful photo and great to look back at better days

It is important that younger generations realize the high standards and great players we had back then.

Thanks for the post !

If people have memories of this time please share it!

Hegan was a red head ! Clearly see it in that picture
under rated players on 06:13 - Jan 30 with 381 viewschrismakin

Jermaine Wright will always be towns most underated player ( That i've seen ) a player no one really spoke about but he was really solid in the middle of the park

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

under rated players on 08:40 - Jan 30 with 324 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

under rated players on 06:13 - Jan 30 by chrismakin

Jermaine Wright will always be towns most underated player ( That i've seen ) a player no one really spoke about but he was really solid in the middle of the park

Every town fan I've ever spoken to rates Jamma.

He may not get voted as 'best ever' etc, but he was and still is appreciated.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 8:40]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024