Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? 08:57 - Jan 30 with 933 viewshatch

I understand the 7pms but why are they the only club to play at 1pm every Saturday. I’m guessing it’s so Steve Evans can get back on the booze early and rant at his wife?
Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 922 viewswkj

Because they don't care that Paul Lambert is on Football Focus today at Lunch.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it cos of Football Focus? (n/t) on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 911 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 914 viewsFixed_It

To avoid Football Focus for some reason?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 09:06 - Jan 30 with 882 viewsSitfcB

Apparently it’s so they don’t have to put the floodlights on thus saving money.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 09:12 - Jan 30 with 855 viewshatch

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 09:06 - Jan 30 by SitfcB

Interesting - I wonder how much that saves them this season.

I feel like they had these kick off times even early in the season but will see if they still have them come April/May
Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 833 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 09:06 - Jan 30 by SitfcB

But if they could power those floodlights by exercise bike? If only there was someone at that club who needed to lose a bit of weight...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 10:41 - Jan 30 with 686 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone else remember the days of floodlight bans during one of the "energy crises" which meant that Cup replays were midweek afternoons & Saturday games in mid winter kicked off at 2pm?
I remember Town losing 3-1 at home to lowly Birmingham in the League Cup 4th round in November 1973 in front of a derisory 12,000 (Bob Latchford scored a hat trick) & I convinced myself that we'd have won the game & probably the whole competition if we'd had a normal crowd.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 10:43 - Jan 30 with 678 viewsbluelagos

Maybe they are trying to maximise ifollow revenues? If they have a number of local fans who also follow say Chelsea or Man U, maybe they get higher numbers by moving it from 3pm?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 10:51 - Jan 30 with 663 viewshatch

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 10:43 - Jan 30 by bluelagos

Maybe they are trying to maximise ifollow revenues? If they have a number of local fans who also follow say Chelsea or Man U, maybe they get higher numbers by moving it from 3pm?

I like the theory but the big clubs rarely play at 3pm these days so think it would probably hinder them!
Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 11:57 - Jan 30 with 597 viewsBloomBlue

It's the Kent variant
Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 12:29 - Jan 30 with 551 viewsWD19

Anyone know why Gillingham have moved so many games to 1pm ko’s? on 11:57 - Jan 30 by BloomBlue

It's the Kent variant

He is more of a deviant than a variant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024