Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour in football 12:01 - Jan 30 with 2632 viewsCrawfordsboot

I am guessing/hoping that Town supporters would be appalled at the recent reports of racist abuse aimed at footballers. We wouldn’t want that at our club would we?

However.......

Is the level and tone of abuse thrown at our owner, manager, club captain so very different?

In both cases I suspect the keyboard warriors would adopt a very different tone in a face to face conversation.

Might be worth reflecting on that before joining in the general groupthink that has taken over much of the forum.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 12:02]
Racist behaviour in football on 12:04 - Jan 30 with 2589 viewsBarcaBlue

What???
Racist behaviour in football on 12:05 - Jan 30 with 2596 viewsBlueBadger

Racists throw abuse at people for things which are utterly outside of their control and entirely arbitrary to birth and genetics, namely, their skin colour and ethnicity.

Lambert is getting grief for his ability as a football manager and the way he conducts himself in public, which is entirely his own choice and within his control to do something about.

So, essentially, no, 'FOPRP' is not 'as bad as racism'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Racist behaviour in football on 12:06 - Jan 30 with 2588 viewsBlueBadger

Actually I'd like to revise my reply to 'what? No. Give over you massive, massive fanny'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Racist behaviour in football on 12:10 - Jan 30 with 2556 viewsPendejo

Abuse in any form is unacceptable.

Please detail what you consider to be the abuse to which you object?

Has anyone posted anything that implies any of those individuals are somewhat subhuman?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Racist behaviour in football on 12:17 - Jan 30 with 2518 viewsjeera

I'd just ask Phil to remove that tbh.

We all make mistakes and post daft things from time to time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Racist behaviour in football on 12:33 - Jan 30 with 2470 viewsCrawfordsboot

Racist behaviour in football on 12:17 - Jan 30 by jeera

:) You may be right but over recent days I have read a number of posts that start out with

I’ve never met the man but from what I’ve read ... etc.

When what they have read is other similar posts in the group feeding frenzy
Racist behaviour in football on 12:36 - Jan 30 with 2457 viewsjeera

Racist behaviour in football on 12:33 - Jan 30 by Crawfordsboot

:) You may be right but over recent days I have read a number of posts that start out with

I’ve never met the man but from what I’ve read ... etc.

When what they have read is other similar posts in the group feeding frenzy

You're too sensible a chap to be putting that in the same post as racist abuse.

Although [some] people have been saying some funny things and it's true we should just want the man out for his lack of managerial ability and not his personal traits.

The ****.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Racist behaviour in football on 12:49 - Jan 30 with 2422 viewsMattinLondon

Groupthink is a new one so fair play for being slightly different. But ‘echo chamber’ is currently the fashionable term to use.
Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour in football on 13:48 - Jan 30 with 2349 viewspelles321

Racist behaviour in football on 12:36 - Jan 30 by jeera

You're too sensible a chap to be putting that in the same post as racist abuse.

Although [some] people have been saying some funny things and it's true we should just want the man out for his lack of managerial ability and not his personal traits.

The ****.

I agree with this. Feel the comparisons to racism is unnecessary. Suggests a lack of understanding about racism by putting it in the same bracket.

There have been some posts which have been bad taste however. Seen a couple from people enjoying him suffer from COVID-19. These lack class.
Racist behaviour in football on 13:57 - Jan 30 with 2322 views26_Paz

Group think on this forum is a problem however I’m pretty sure 99% of people on here want Lambert out because he is useless rather than because they saw someone else say it ...

The Paz Man

Racist behaviour in football on 14:33 - Jan 30 with 2302 viewsmonytowbray

If you think racism and potentially OTT criticism via generic name calling are remotely the same you’re an idiot.

Won’t someone please think of the rich white men? They’re the real victims here.

Also FYI I’m more than happy to tell racists they’re racist to their face too, as are many.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Racist behaviour in football on 14:34 - Jan 30 with 2302 viewsCrawfordsboot

Racist behaviour in football on 13:48 - Jan 30 by pelles321

I agree with this. Feel the comparisons to racism is unnecessary. Suggests a lack of understanding about racism by putting it in the same bracket.

There have been some posts which have been bad taste however. Seen a couple from people enjoying him suffer from COVID-19. These lack class.

I accept that racism is in a different bracket and I wasn’t meaning really to equate them. My target was the tone of some of the stuff on here.

So we let it go and hope for a win today
Racist behaviour in football on 14:39 - Jan 30 with 2287 viewsSpruceMoose

Racist behaviour in football on 13:57 - Jan 30 by 26_Paz

Group think on this forum is a problem however I’m pretty sure 99% of people on here want Lambert out because he is useless rather than because they saw someone else say it ...

Lol. Another day, another face palm.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Racist behaviour in football on 17:51 - Jan 30 with 2190 viewsfactual_blue

Racist behaviour in football on 12:17 - Jan 30 by jeera

At the very least this thread belongs IN THE FOOTBALL SECTION.

Thanks in anticipation Philgavmark.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Racist behaviour in football on 19:41 - Jan 31 with 2047 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Racist behaviour in football on 13:57 - Jan 30 by 26_Paz

And I'm pretty sure 99% of people here think you're an utter virus because of the bile you post rather than because they saw someone else say it. 👍
Racist behaviour in football on 19:44 - Jan 31 with 2038 views26_Paz

Racist behaviour in football on 19:41 - Jan 31 by DropCliffsNotBombs

And I'm pretty sure 99% of people here think you're an utter virus because of the bile you post rather than because they saw someone else say it. 👍

As opposed to the thoroughly pleasant individual you appear to be ...

The Paz Man

Racist behaviour in football on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 2037 viewsKeno

I have offered to discuss my views on the current situation with both evans and Hancock

I would say the same as I post

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Racist behaviour in football on 20:07 - Jan 31 with 1997 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Racist behaviour in football on 19:44 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

As opposed to the thoroughly pleasant individual you appear to be ...

Exactly, atta boy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024