Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Propaganda War: Positivity, Negativity and Inconsistencies 00:48 - Jan 31 with 312 viewsKropotkin123

Let's get a few things straight.

It is unjustifiable to accuse the fans and the press of being negative

The forum isn't negative. Our situation is negative.

Negative Situation: The team is worse than the sum of its parts
Positive Interpretation: The current players are capable of automatic promotion

Negative Situation: We have the third worst manager in ITFC history (by win %, excluding caretakers)
Positive Interpretation: There are many better managers out there for us to mount a serious promotion challenge next year.

Negative Situation: We lack sufficient footballing structure for the modern game
Positive Interpretation: A core issue is identified, which can be addressed, without breaking the bank.

Negative Situation: Fans keep complaining
Positive Interpretation: Fans care. ITFC has a passionate support base, which, behind the right manager and a dedicated chairman, can assist in catapulting us up the leagues.

Negative Situation: The local press are writing articles against the management
Positive Interpretation: The local press are engaged and passionate, despite us being in the third tier of English football.

There is an inconsistent evaluation of our situation dependent upon the speakers agenda

Our hierarchy accept that things aren't good enough, but they look forward to a brighter future. Our manager thinks everything is positive and the players can't do any better. Our players apologise as performances and results aren't good enough.

The Hierarchy
Marcus Evans said he saw "green shoots" and he is "hopeful".
ITFC said they want "to turn those frustrations into celebrations".

The Management
Paul Lambert vs Crewe (1-1) - "I thought we were the better team".
Paul Lambert vs Sunderland (0-1) - "The guys, they gave me everything, I can't ask for any more".
Paul Lambert vs Peterborough (0-1) - "I thought we were really good, I couldn't ask for any more".

The players
Chambers said - Town’s current position is "not acceptable for this club" and it "not good enough. Not good enough".
Edwards said - "obviously it’s frustrating and disappointing with the results"
Downes said - "We know we have to play better at times".

There is a sustained assault on the press

The management have really tried to turn the situation into a club verses the press to avoid taking responsibility for their own inadequacies. Every time there is a legitimate question about our current situation, the management attacks the press.

- Phil Ham is unjustly banned
- Lambert told the EADT/ES - “I don’t read your stuff because your opinion doesn’t matter to me. But I hear about it. I couldn’t give two damns about it, I’ve told you that before. - when they simply asked if a couple of wins might cause an uplift in the mood.

You're Being Negative

Next time you hear this accusation I simply ask you to question, is our current situation acceptable? If the answer is "no", then you are not being negative, you are just addressing a negative situation.

NB: I was originally writing this in reply to Coco's thread, but thought I was kind of hijacking it -
Forum seen as 'negative'? by Coco 30 Jan 2021 20:59
Does that mean the opinion of all at the club is that the majority of fans are positive and the vocal minority are just venting on forums?

Fans will flock back in droves to support when allowed to?

Did that one game with fans fuel this opinion?

Fans have no way of voicing opinion so this indicates we are not being heard. If fans were able to attend Lambert would be vilified like nothing PR has ever seen before. Evans would be destroyed. Fans are being held in utter contempt by those who are currently untouchable.

The club seems to forget we are in division 3. Yes we have 'no divine right' to win games but it is your job Mr Lambert to make us win games. I am so angry with everything at the club right now.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 0:50]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024