Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores 08:33 - Jan 31 with 3913 viewsSwailsey

Will cancelling class as breaking the agreement and in theory go down as debt on your score? I can’t seem to find my season ticket paperwork.

Probably a dumb question but that’s now the only thing stopping me cancelling. If it doesn’t, I’ll cancel until PL is gone.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:41 - Jan 31 with 3846 viewsle2blue

Assuming you're paying by DD, then no, you've not entered a credit agreement for which non-payment would impact you're credit score. I cancelled last week, just email the ticket office and they'll sort for you, ironically very quickly and efficiently.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:42 - Jan 31 with 3834 viewsElderGrizzly

According to the letter of the law, it could as you are breaking the contract.

But it would need the club to report the debt and I can’t imagine they will
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:48 - Jan 31 with 3774 viewsElderGrizzly

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:41 - Jan 31 by le2blue

Assuming you're paying by DD, then no, you've not entered a credit agreement for which non-payment would impact you're credit score. I cancelled last week, just email the ticket office and they'll sort for you, ironically very quickly and efficiently.

It’s not the cancelling, it is the chasing of debt that can impact it.

Again, never heard of the club chasing anyone though.

The best way to cover your back is writing to the club and not just solely cancelling with your bank.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:56 - Jan 31 with 3736 viewsbobbyramsey

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:42 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Surely the club have already broken the contract by not providing football.

Mind you I think that had already happened before the pandemic arrived.......
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:01 - Jan 31 with 3687 viewsgordon

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:48 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

It’s not the cancelling, it is the chasing of debt that can impact it.

Again, never heard of the club chasing anyone though.

The best way to cover your back is writing to the club and not just solely cancelling with your bank.

This isn't right - the club are breaking the terms of the contract by not providing football, so the contract is void, and the fans that haven't cancelled the direct debit are making a donation to ITFC, effectively.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:02 - Jan 31 with 3673 viewsbluelagos

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 08:42 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Previously when I wanted out mid season they were quite accomodating tbf. Can't see any problems with people simply cancelling their DD if they so wish.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:06 - Jan 31 with 3643 viewsle2blue

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:01 - Jan 31 by gordon

This isn't right - the club are breaking the terms of the contract by not providing football, so the contract is void, and the fans that haven't cancelled the direct debit are making a donation to ITFC, effectively.

Agreed, its really not an issue though as the club are very accommodating terminating the relationship with their customers.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:08 - Jan 31 with 3631 viewsRegencyBlue

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:02 - Jan 31 by bluelagos

Previously when I wanted out mid season they were quite accomodating tbf. Can't see any problems with people simply cancelling their DD if they so wish.

The clubs stock with supporters is low enough already, for them to cause a problem over this would take their self harm to new levels!
Login to get fewer ads

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:15 - Jan 31 with 3588 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

I cancelled during the 1st lockdown last year. I sent an email stating why I was canceling (poor football/bad management and unable to watch games) and they were fine with it. When the refund came up they took into account I hadn't paid the last 2 months and adjusted it accordingly. My credit score was never effected.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 3520 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all. I’ll cancel Monday if he’s not gone.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:52 - Jan 31 with 3497 viewsSitfcB

After tomorrow’s payment there’s only two more isn’t there?

Don’t see the point in cancelling now and then waiving any right to a potential refund or “make goods” which we will surely have to have??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:58 - Jan 31 with 3458 viewsbrogansnose

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:52 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

Don’t see the point in cancelling now and then waiving any right to a potential refund or “make goods” which we will surely have to have??

I'm thinking that next season they'll not take any payments and just say you've already paid for it this season. I certainly don't want vouchers to spend in the shop on scarfer stuff.

More to the point, my renewal is dependent on what Evans does with this idiot and who he replaces him with. I'm still smarting from the last Evans press release, he needs to be careful what he wishes for not chuffin' me.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:01 - Jan 31 with 3433 viewsElderGrizzly

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:06 - Jan 31 by le2blue

Agreed, its really not an issue though as the club are very accommodating terminating the relationship with their customers.

I’m not saying they will cause a problem for the OP. I agree they won’t.

I was quoting from a consumer help site on the cancellation of direct debits in general, but the grey area as you point out is the non-provision of live football.
Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 3378 viewsTractorWood

It's a debt of a few hundred quid, most of which has already been paid. Any paperwork or legal action against it would firstly be awful PR and secondly cost more in filings to escalate.

Send an email to the club telling them you want to cancel and they will sort it out. They will send an email to you confirming and then you can cancel the DD. Job done.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 10:18]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 3371 viewsTractorWood

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:58 - Jan 31 by brogansnose

I'm thinking that next season they'll not take any payments and just say you've already paid for it this season. I certainly don't want vouchers to spend in the shop on scarfer stuff.

More to the point, my renewal is dependent on what Evans does with this idiot and who he replaces him with. I'm still smarting from the last Evans press release, he needs to be careful what he wishes for not chuffin' me.

Uppie for the term Scarfer. Not heard it in a while.

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:18 - Jan 31 with 3351 viewshoppy

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 09:52 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

That’s pretty much my position too.

Won’t be accepting any vouchers this time though.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:00 - Jan 31 with 3199 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:18 - Jan 31 by hoppy

That’s pretty much my position too.

Won’t be accepting any vouchers this time though.

Don't the vouchers we already have go out of date in April or something? So we're unlikely to get chance to use them anyway!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:01 - Jan 31 with 3195 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 10:14 - Jan 31 by TractorWood

It's a debt of a few hundred quid, most of which has already been paid. Any paperwork or legal action against it would firstly be awful PR and secondly cost more in filings to escalate.

Send an email to the club telling them you want to cancel and they will sort it out. They will send an email to you confirming and then you can cancel the DD. Job done.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 10:18]

What email addy do I use for this?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:08 - Jan 31 with 3171 viewsTractorWood

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:01 - Jan 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

What email addy do I use for this?

mainticketoffice@itfc.co.uk

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:11 - Jan 31 with 3154 viewsnoggin

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:00 - Jan 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't the vouchers we already have go out of date in April or something? So we're unlikely to get chance to use them anyway!

Just buy a load of old tatt from the online shop.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:16 - Jan 31 with 3125 viewsSitfcB

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:00 - Jan 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

May I think. But you can send them in with an order.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:36 - Jan 31 with 3055 viewshoppy

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 12:16 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

May I think. But you can send them in with an order.

Do they do Portman pie and a pint online?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Genuine question: Cancelling ST and credit scores on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 2861 viewsClareBlue

when you e-mail in make sure you say why you are doing this

I do every time I get an e-mail about anything.

Always start it with an estimated expenditure over 45 years following the club and on the club and then state that whilst I can support the club through tough times, I will not be spending anything whilst Paul Lambert is our manager because of his delusional contempt for the fans and the club and the general community around the club.

They never respond but it makes me feel better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024