Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime 15:03 - Jan 31 with 397 viewsGeoffSentence

Listening to Tony Blair attacking then Tory PM John Major about the government's response:

"Too late at every point in the crisis"

Not much changes does it? The party of the rich and powerful are so blinded by the short term interests of their wealthy backers that they ignore any wider consequences to the rest of us, and inevitably the long term consequences for everyone including their affluent supporters.

Furthermore there was a comparison with the UK's laissez-faire attitude to regulation at the time, not acting until something was proven dangerous, with the precautionary principal applied in the EU. In this case animal products were allowed into the cattle food chain without anyone considering the possible impacts of doing so, and that led to the crisis.

Worryingly Ian Duncan Smith wrote a piece in the Telegraph today in which he praised the virtues of a nimble, post-brexit Britain in which “We can ground ourselves in a common law system where the assumption is to allow things rather than prohibit them."

Oh, and incidentally, pressure is growing to allow animal products back into cattle feed.

Brace yourselves for more homegrown health crisis gentlefolk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime on 15:55 - Jan 31 with 344 viewsChurchman

Where is the article on pressure to allow animal products into cattle feed BSE style? I’d be interested to read that.

Yes, the tories are there to represent the interests of the top 1%, but I’d be interested to know why even chinless inbreeds like Reece-Mogg would consider BSE a good idea.
Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime on 16:16 - Jan 31 with 325 viewsGeoffSentence

Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime on 15:55 - Jan 31 by Churchman

Where is the article on pressure to allow animal products into cattle feed BSE style? I’d be interested to read that.

Yes, the tories are there to represent the interests of the top 1%, but I’d be interested to know why even chinless inbreeds like Reece-Mogg would consider BSE a good idea.

It was discussed in the documentary

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cows-Cash-Cover-ups-Investigating-vCJD/dp/B07R188HHS

Not sure if it is anywhere other than Amazon Prime.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime on 16:33 - Jan 31 with 299 viewsChurchman

Watching a documentary about BSE/vCJD on Prime on 16:16 - Jan 31 by GeoffSentence

It was discussed in the documentary

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cows-Cash-Cover-ups-Investigating-vCJD/dp/B07R188HHS

Not sure if it is anywhere other than Amazon Prime.

Ta. I’ve got Amazon prime. I’ll take a look at it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024