Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. 15:19 - Jan 31 with 8087 viewsGunnsAirkick

Do the people of Ipswich genuinely like this guy? He seems like a really nasty piece of work who is more interested in stirring up this culture war nonsense.

https://tinyurl.com/y5kgylcp

I don't know Alasdair, but he comes across as a decent guy on Twitter and seems pretty centre-left to me (not anything like he's being portrayed by Hunt).

I've seen other veterans calling out the conditions in these centres being appalling getting abuse on Twitter. It doesn't mean they approve of the fires that were set, just stating that they're living in awful conditions. Desperate people do desperate things and dehumanising them isn't going to help the situation. Thank you for your service, but not if you're left-wing and don't agree with Conservative Party policy I guess?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:25]
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:26 - Jan 31 with 2969 viewsFunge

He's a fcking dickhead.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:28 - Jan 31 with 2956 viewsDubtractor

I think there is a real divide - those that have lapped all the brexit rhetoric think he is great, the rest of us think is is awful. In a town that voted for brexit I suspect that means that he has more that like him than don't, but for me he is terrible and it makes me sad that he is our representative.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:37 - Jan 31 with 2906 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:26 - Jan 31 by Funge

He's a fcking dickhead.

Not sure how this one has evaded the sweary filter ...

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:39 - Jan 31 with 2907 viewsSomethingBlue

There is nothing good about him. He cares nothing for Ipswich — he was parachuted in to push a specific agenda very hard and that is what he will continue to do whether people want it or not. His priority is to divide his constituents rather than work for them.

My hope is that, as a town that has traditionally swung between the two major parties, there are enough people in Ipswich who will be appalled at his approach and refuse to feed it any further. But he needs calling out via every means possible, and often.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 2879 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:37 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

It's not a bad word, if you look at in context.

A bit like 'bum boy' or 'picanninny'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 2875 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:39 - Jan 31 by SomethingBlue

There is nothing good about him. He cares nothing for Ipswich — he was parachuted in to push a specific agenda very hard and that is what he will continue to do whether people want it or not. His priority is to divide his constituents rather than work for them.

My hope is that, as a town that has traditionally swung between the two major parties, there are enough people in Ipswich who will be appalled at his approach and refuse to feed it any further. But he needs calling out via every means possible, and often.

It's just worrying that these sorts of views are being normalised and lauded now. The lunatics are running the asylum and we seem to be on a downward spiral when it comes to truth and any sort of decency in public and political life.

I hope the people of Ipswich wake up to this vacuous, self-serving and frankly dangerous idiot as soon as possible and make their votes count when it comes to the next election.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:43 - Jan 31 with 2856 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

If you play with fire you will get burnt. Methinks both of these gentleman should rethink how they present themselves to the public.
It is not about preaching to the converted; it is about convincing someone of opposite views that you might be worth listening to.
Humility is an asset not in great abundance at the moment - anywhere!!
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:45 - Jan 31 with 2857 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:43 - Jan 31 by Timefliesbyintheblue

If you play with fire you will get burnt. Methinks both of these gentleman should rethink how they present themselves to the public.
It is not about preaching to the converted; it is about convincing someone of opposite views that you might be worth listening to.

Cheers for your input, obvious troll.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:45 - Jan 31 with 2858 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:42 - Jan 31 by footers

It's just worrying that these sorts of views are being normalised and lauded now. The lunatics are running the asylum and we seem to be on a downward spiral when it comes to truth and any sort of decency in public and political life.

I hope the people of Ipswich wake up to this vacuous, self-serving and frankly dangerous idiot as soon as possible and make their votes count when it comes to the next election.

We're about 3 years behind the US at the moment. Tom Rhyming-slang will be sharing far-right conspiracy memes and indulging in dog-whistle-y incitement by the end of this term.

Hell, Priti Patel has already been doing that with immigration lawyers.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:46 - Jan 31 with 2848 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:43 - Jan 31 by Timefliesbyintheblue

'Fine people on both sides', eh?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:48]

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:46 - Jan 31 with 2844 viewsSomethingBlue

Don't tell me though, there are very fine people on both sides.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:48 - Jan 31 with 2833 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:45 - Jan 31 by footers

Isn't trolling supposed to make other people look angry or stupid though?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:49 - Jan 31 with 2823 views26_Paz

I think Tom Hunt is a fantastic MP who is doing a great job.

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:51 - Jan 31 with 2809 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:49 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

This is the bit where you say something controversial about something you know nothing about to get a reaction, have your pants pulled down and accuse people of bullying you.

There, I've saved everyone 10 pages.

You're just an attention-seeker, and not a very bright one.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:53]

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:51 - Jan 31 with 2790 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:26 - Jan 31 by Funge

He's a fcking dickhead.

Obviously I'm 500 odd miles away so my only knowledge of him comes from on here and what TractorDownSouth posts on tw@tter.

But from what I have read, he does comes across as an utter tool who indulges in dog whistle politics with the odd anti Semitic trope thrown in for good measure.

He sums up everything that is wrong with this current incarnation of the Tory party and one of the reasons I'll continue to give them a wide berth.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:52 - Jan 31 with 2784 viewseireblue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:37 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

Same sort way that you avoid the swear filter when you want to.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:54]
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:53 - Jan 31 with 2773 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:51 - Jan 31 by footers

This is the bit where you say something controversial about something you know nothing about to get a reaction, have your pants pulled down and accuse people of bullying you.

There, I've saved everyone 10 pages.

You're just an attention-seeker, and not a very bright one.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:53]

He is is very anti the woke agenda so I’m not surprised some of you lot don’t like him

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:54 - Jan 31 with 2763 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:53 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

He is is very anti the woke agenda so I’m not surprised some of you lot don’t like him

What does "woke" mean, and what's the agenda? Genuine questions.

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:54 - Jan 31 with 2753 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:53 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

And what is he for, what good has he done for the people of Ipswich?

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:55 - Jan 31 with 2744 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:54 - Jan 31 by SomethingBlue

Pushing political correctness to the nth degree

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:55 - Jan 31 with 2745 viewseireblue

He is very pro hypocrites, so,....well the rest writes itself really.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:56 - Jan 31 with 2717 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:49 - Jan 31 by 26_Paz

I'm not sure you really belie that Paz.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:56 - Jan 31 with 2720 views26_Paz

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:54 - Jan 31 by footers

And what is he for, what good has he done for the people of Ipswich?

Pushing the northern bypass and greater transport links. Pushing for strengthening of law and order

The Paz Man

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:56 - Jan 31 with 2700 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:45 - Jan 31 by footers

Sorry I do not understand what you are saying - If you mean that I am not here often enough to be counted as one of the regulars, then you are correct - I have neither the time or the inclination. I am aware though that any new poster or indeed those that are not 'part of the gang' are treated with disdain and not encouraged.
In this instance I think it a classic example where both protagonists have done themselves no favours with their public spat.
Oh and for further guidance the site administrators are well aware I am not a troll.
Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:57 - Jan 31 with 2725 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt being an unpleasant virtue signalling idiot again. on 15:54 - Jan 31 by SomethingBlue

It's the new 'do gooder' or 'PC gone mad' for intellectual second-stringers who can't bear the fact that the world's trying to grow up and move on from destructive prejudices and bigotries.

It's mainly the most inadequate who are upset by it, because they're suddenly finding out that the people they've been treating as second class citizens are just as good, if not better than them and the they're not entitled to be top dogs, they have to work for it, just like everyone else.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 16:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024