Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official twitter is dead quiet 16:22 - Jan 31 with 4534 viewsHipsterectomy

Last tweet 20 hours ago. Not normal for them even if we lose. Guess they have given up as well.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:22 - Jan 31 with 3987 viewsStokieBlue

Interviewing the person who runs the account for PL's job.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:39 - Jan 31 with 3875 viewsPhilTWTD

I think they feel rather ground down by everything they post getting dozens of 'Lambert out!' replies.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:40 - Jan 31 with 3810 viewsDubtractor

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:39 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

I think they feel rather ground down by everything they post getting dozens of 'Lambert out!' replies.

Yeah, that has to be a pretty depressing role right now!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 3800 viewsBlueBadger

Are you ever tempted to say 'now you lot know how I feel when those pr1cks all start up about Tom Hunt again' to them?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 16:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 3793 viewsMrTown

They want to feel a fraction of how ground down the fans feel watching this rock ‘n’ roll football.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:47 - Jan 31 with 3720 viewsIllinoisblue

What is left to say? And anything they do tweet will be met with a barrage of Lambert out replies.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:47 - Jan 31 with 3722 viewsGeorge25

Phil what’s the mood around the club atm? You said about these three games being the turning point, are they looking to act or is it going to be another week?
The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:57 - Jan 31 with 3577 viewsLesta_Tractor

But I thought it was only the fans on twtd who were being negative and wanted Lambert out?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:57 - Jan 31 with 3611 viewsPhilTWTD

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:47 - Jan 31 by George25

Phil what’s the mood around the club atm? You said about these three games being the turning point, are they looking to act or is it going to be another week?

Not sure whether these games were a turning point as such, but with ME having put such store by the pre-Christmas form being down to injuries, they were three games with most of the injured players back and a new signing. As I say, if and when Marcus makes a decision, he'll look for and sort another manager before he makes a change.

Further to that, I've heard whispers ME has had contact with various potential managers for a little while now from various sources, Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Nigel Pearson among them and two people mentioned Neil Harris as a potential target to me last week. How serious those contacts might have been, I don't know.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 3525 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Especially when a post by the town kit man ends up with him having his occupation ridiculed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:09 - Jan 31 with 3425 viewsGeorge25

The official twitter is dead quiet on 16:57 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

Not sure whether these games were a turning point as such, but with ME having put such store by the pre-Christmas form being down to injuries, they were three games with most of the injured players back and a new signing. As I say, if and when Marcus makes a decision, he'll look for and sort another manager before he makes a change.

Further to that, I've heard whispers ME has had contact with various potential managers for a little while now from various sources, Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Nigel Pearson among them and two people mentioned Neil Harris as a potential target to me last week. How serious those contacts might have been, I don't know.

Yes because didt lambert watch few games before the sacking of hurst. Obviously would not happen now as with the games being behind closed door they would be easily spotted.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:12 - Jan 31 with 3375 viewsAce_High1

That would be brilliant just for the reaction. The guys sacked to make way for Mick (Harris) or Hard Brexit Pearson.

Haha - just close the club and start again.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:14 - Jan 31 with 3340 viewsEireannach_gorm

Excellent! Clearly thats what you are doing Phil.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:18 - Jan 31 with 3319 viewsPhilTWTD

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:01 - Jan 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Especially when a post by the town kit man ends up with him having his occupation ridiculed.

Indeed. And James is a top bloke, get on with him well. I can see from his perspective why he'd post what he did re the result, but equally that a draw away at Crewe is underwhelming in the overall context for fans. Still very unfair to have a pop at his job.

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:20 - Jan 31 with 3267 viewsPhilTWTD

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:09 - Jan 31 by George25

Yes because didt lambert watch few games before the sacking of hurst. Obviously would not happen now as with the games being behind closed door they would be easily spotted.

I think Lambert watched the Boro game that he has mentioned a few times on TV, but I'll keep my eyes open for prospective new managers at future games.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:21 - Jan 31 with 3240 viewsPhilTWTD

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:14 - Jan 31 by Eireannach_gorm

Excellent! Clearly thats what you are doing Phil.

They keep telling me to stop.
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 3199 viewsBABLUE

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:01 - Jan 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

His response was stupid though.

It’s almost as though no one at the club realises that there is this huge swell of discontent.

There was no need to abuse his job though, the kit needs to be washed and taken to the grounds.

Surely someone looks at the local media to see what is being said and knows that we are at our lowest position for the best part of 70 years.

They must also see that the football is dire as well and this manager has had over 2 years to get at least the style and personnel right and has failed dismally to do it.

He is clearly not up to the job, is also still unwell and needs to be relieved of his position with suitable compensation paid to him to reflect the contract signed by him and the owner.

What on earth possessed Evans to give him a 5 year deal is frankly beyond my comprehension, but he did and he will have to pay what is due up to the first break clause.

Then we have to hope for the best in the Evansbingo of manager selection
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:27 - Jan 31 with 3122 viewsBelsteadCav

Lambert out

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:29 - Jan 31 with 3082 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Let's hope Wimbledon get Harris in pretty sharpish...
The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:31 - Jan 31 with 3049 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:18 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

Indeed. And James is a top bloke, get on with him well. I can see from his perspective why he'd post what he did re the result, but equally that a draw away at Crewe is underwhelming in the overall context for fans. Still very unfair to have a pop at his job.

THIS.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:33 - Jan 31 with 3019 viewsBABLUE

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:20 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

I think Lambert watched the Boro game that he has mentioned a few times on TV, but I'll keep my eyes open for prospective new managers at future games.

Surely the decision is made and it’s just a question of who might want it and be the best fit out of those around.

Cook and Cowley seem a good fit.

Pearson could be great, but he doesn’t like being asked questions by journalists!!!
The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 2477 viewsistanblue

Oh that OBVIOUSLY means they're preparing to announce PL's departure!!
The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:19 - Jan 31 with 2440 viewsSuperblue95

The official twitter is dead quiet on 17:33 - Jan 31 by BABLUE

Surely the decision is made and it’s just a question of who might want it and be the best fit out of those around.

Cook and Cowley seem a good fit.

Pearson could be great, but he doesn’t like being asked questions by journalists!!!

“Are you an ostrich Phil?”

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:33 - Jan 31 with 2338 viewsWD19

The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:19 - Jan 31 by Superblue95

The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:45 - Jan 31 with 2269 viewsPhilTWTD

The official twitter is dead quiet on 20:19 - Jan 31 by Superblue95

How much to turn up to his first press conference in an ostrich outfit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024