Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN deadline day 08:45 - Feb 1 with 5650 viewsJimmy86

Sky Sports are reporting Huddersfield are in talks with town over a loan deal for Kayden Jackson... I know he's suspended, but we are short of strikers anyway.. guess if he goes that will open up some space for manoeuvre with the salary cap
SSN deadline day on 08:46 - Feb 1 with 4342 viewsStokieBlue

That would be utterly stupid and peak Ipswich.

He is still decent, played correctly (hopefully under a new manager) he is probably as good as we could get on any loan.

I mean a Championship club want to loan him, that should tell people quite a bit.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

SSN deadline day on 08:48 - Feb 1 with 4268 viewsCoastalblue

I wonder if it could be a loan to buy deal?

I'd much rather he stayed as I think with a strike partner he's capable of plenty of goals at this level.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

SSN deadline day on 08:49 - Feb 1 with 4254 viewsKeno

Can they take Lambert as well?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

SSN deadline day on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 4201 viewsHerbivore

If this happens then Lambert won't be going anywhere imminently I expect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

SSN deadline day on 08:56 - Feb 1 with 4123 viewsJimmy86

SSN deadline day on 08:46 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

He is still decent, played correctly (hopefully under a new manager) he is probably as good as we could get on any loan.

I mean a Championship club want to loan him, that should tell people quite a bit.

SB

Reminds me of the time Jewell let Delaney go on a free and didn't have a replacement lined up...

If we are removing a senior player it might give us wriggle room to bring in a better striker on loan under the salary cap and not a Forest youth
SSN deadline day on 08:58 - Feb 1 with 4082 viewsStokieBlue

SSN deadline day on 08:56 - Feb 1 by Jimmy86

Reminds me of the time Jewell let Delaney go on a free and didn't have a replacement lined up...

If we are removing a senior player it might give us wriggle room to bring in a better striker on loan under the salary cap and not a Forest youth

A better striker than someone a Championship team wants?

I really don't understand some of the views on Jackson.

Who would that be exactly and how could we afford them? They are likely going to be more expensive than Jackson.

SB

SSN deadline day on 09:00 - Feb 1 with 4062 viewsgordon

So we loan our striker to a mid-table Championship team and then bring in a reserve from a relegation fighting championship team as a replacement.
SSN deadline day on 09:02 - Feb 1 with 4007 viewsDinnernotTea

SSN deadline day on 08:58 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

Who would that be exactly and how could we afford them? They are likely going to be more expensive than Jackson.

SB

What 3 talents do you think he has that make him a good player?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

SSN deadline day on 09:02 - Feb 1 with 3994 viewsJimmy86

SB

I rate Jackson and think he should be in the team barring injury or suspension.

What I meant is, as things stand we are at the limit with the salary cap, so have to look at players under the age of 21, hence the forest youth. If we move on a senior player then we have wriggle room to look at more experienced players.

I'm not saying get better than Jackson, as I think he's decent
SSN deadline day on 09:04 - Feb 1 with 3959 viewsHerbivore

SSN deadline day on 09:02 - Feb 1 by Jimmy86

I rate Jackson and think he should be in the team barring injury or suspension.

What I meant is, as things stand we are at the limit with the salary cap, so have to look at players under the age of 21, hence the forest youth. If we move on a senior player then we have wriggle room to look at more experienced players.

I'm not saying get better than Jackson, as I think he's decent

But as we need a striker, letting Jackson go to bring in another striker only really makes sense if we can get someone better than him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

SSN deadline day on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 3948 viewsgordon

SB

If he was given a run of games as a central striker with adequate support, he'd be good at this level - he's just been messed around too much this season with our odd system and the fact that Lambert obviously hates him.

11 in 32 league games last year with a fair few assists, in a team that wasn't pulling up any trees is decent.
SSN deadline day on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 3927 viewsStokieBlue

SSN deadline day on 09:02 - Feb 1 by DinnernotTea

What 3 talents do you think he has that make him a good player?

Why don't you tell me why he isn't a good player given he's barely been played in his actual position and was easily our most effective attacking threat last season.

Can you then expand on that and tell us who we could get in who would be better than someone a Championship club wants given anyone we get is going to be someone a Championship club doesn't want.

SB

SSN deadline day on 09:07 - Feb 1 with 3904 viewsJimmy86

SSN deadline day on 09:04 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

But as we need a striker, letting Jackson go to bring in another striker only really makes sense if we can get someone better than him.

Correct, have to see how this one plays out. Could be an interesting transfer deadline day
SSN deadline day on 09:10 - Feb 1 with 3818 viewsJakeITFC

This would be so dumb.
SSN deadline day on 09:11 - Feb 1 with 3797 viewsMillsey

He’s been very poor all season and looks disinterested, so for me no great loss
SSN deadline day on 09:11 - Feb 1 with 3787 viewshype313

SSN deadline day on 09:11 - Feb 1 by Millsey

Do you not think that is partly down to the Manager and environment?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

SSN deadline day on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 3752 viewsStokieBlue

SSN deadline day on 09:11 - Feb 1 by Millsey

I think you need to take some context into account.

SB

SSN deadline day on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 3750 viewsParky

In what possible way would loaning arguably our best striker out on deadline day benefit us? If he’s to go, get a fee.

Can’t wait to replace him with a 20-year-old from Forest.

Indicates Lambert won’t be going anywhere anytime soon if this gets sanctioned, as I’m sure a new manager would fancy their chances at getting Jackson firing in this league.
SSN deadline day on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 3753 viewsDinnernotTea

SSN deadline day on 09:05 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

Why don't you tell me why he isn't a good player given he's barely been played in his actual position and was easily our most effective attacking threat last season.

Can you then expand on that and tell us who we could get in who would be better than someone a Championship club wants given anyone we get is going to be someone a Championship club doesn't want.

SB

Mate you're getting emotional a bloke who has 15 in 80 games for us might be leaving. So I'm curious which 3 talents he has why he's a good player.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

SSN deadline day on 09:15 - Feb 1 with 3702 viewsMonkeyAlan

I just don't care anymore under this regime. Evans you muppet.
SSN deadline day on 09:17 - Feb 1 with 3659 viewsJimmy86

SSN deadline day on 09:05 - Feb 1 by gordon

If he was given a run of games as a central striker with adequate support, he'd be good at this level - he's just been messed around too much this season with our odd system and the fact that Lambert obviously hates him.

11 in 32 league games last year with a fair few assists, in a team that wasn't pulling up any trees is decent.

Still kinda surprised about just how scathing Lambert was of him after the Sunderland red card. Don't think any malice was meant in the challenge, was obviously trying too hard
SSN deadline day on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 3635 viewsCheltenham_Blue

SSN deadline day on 08:46 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Utterly stupid unless it’s a loan swap deal. Which is the only thing that would make sense, one over age player out, one over age player in.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

SSN deadline day on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 3590 viewsPinewoodblue

SSN deadline day on 09:04 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

It has to be someone who will fit into the system, quality not a consideration..

Not my view of course but since we are stuck with Lambert......

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

SSN deadline day on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 3564 viewsStokieBlue

SSN deadline day on 09:18 - Feb 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Utterly stupid unless it’s a loan swap deal. Which is the only thing that would make sense, one over age player out, one over age player in.

Why would we want someone Huddersfield don't want? It would need to be another striker to make sense and even then I don't think it would.

Would also mean Lambert going nowhere which is unthinkable now.

SB

SSN deadline day on 09:23 - Feb 1 with 3525 viewsdavblue

SSN deadline day on 09:20 - Feb 1 by Pinewoodblue

It has to be someone who will fit into the system, quality not a consideration..

Not my view of course but since we are stuck with Lambert......

unless we change the way we play, it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference who we have up front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024