Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two really good signings today, in isolation 19:03 - Feb 1 with 945 viewsSomethingBlue

Just the sort that could add a bit of sparkle to help a promotion challenge over the line. The problem is that it's all just such a mess and it's really hard to feel enthused.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:04 - Feb 1 with 900 viewsMrTown

Promotion challenge

Let’s just try and avoid a relegation fight before we get ahead of ourselves.

We won’t touch the play-offs. We are nowhere near good enough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:05 - Feb 1 with 880 viewswaveneyblue

Exactly my thoughts. If they were being added to a successful team I would feel excited.

But they are being added to a mess and its very hard to imagine they are going to change much bearing in mind their ages. Another last roll of the Lambert dice
Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:05 - Feb 1 with 869 viewsSomethingBlue

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:04 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Promotion challenge

Let’s just try and avoid a relegation fight before we get ahead of ourselves.

We won’t touch the play-offs. We are nowhere near good enough.

That's the thing though, with signings like these added to what we already have we really should be. We could not be any further past "no excuses" territory. The manager has, against most people's better judgment and for all the other problems with Evans, been backed brilliantly in this window. It's insane.

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:06 - Feb 1 with 842 viewsm14_blue

There’s just no plan at all is there?

A whole load of loanees, added right at the end of the window, we’re a shambles.
Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:06 - Feb 1 with 836 viewshomer_123

Have I missed one? Just Parrot today?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 19:07]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 822 viewsX0Y0

Two good youngsters, Matheson in particular looked a real talent in League One, though it’s a big gamble to hope 18 year olds can come in to the changing room and turn around what’s going on, both on and off the pitch.

Exciting January transfer window though, and that’s certainly a change for Ipswich ... even if it’s still not the change yet that we all wanted.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 19:08]
Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 819 viewsHerbivore

It's hard to care really. We're now at 6 loanees at the club with our own young players increasingly being marginalised. We've got a manager that can't get a tune out of anyone and who doesn't do well when he's got lots of players to choose from. Just feels like a complete mess. The most important bit of business this summer would have been to get a decent manager in, without that we're just papering over the cracks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 808 viewsSitfcB

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:06 - Feb 1 by homer_123

Have I missed one? Just Parrot today?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 19:07]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:08 - Feb 1 with 792 viewsJakeITFC

Yup, not much of an exaggeration to say they are two of the highest rated players in their respective positions and age group across the country.

I especially like that Matheson adds a bit of a wildcard edge from right back and can make stuff happen, it's something we've missed from KVY being out. As you've said many times, we are now firmly in no excuses territory to get a tune out of this squad for a manager at this level.
Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:09 - Feb 1 with 760 viewsSomethingBlue

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:07 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

It's hard to care really. We're now at 6 loanees at the club with our own young players increasingly being marginalised. We've got a manager that can't get a tune out of anyone and who doesn't do well when he's got lots of players to choose from. Just feels like a complete mess. The most important bit of business this summer would have been to get a decent manager in, without that we're just papering over the cracks.

Sadly this is true, it's such a jumble. And such a waste of some really good players, whether our own or on loan.

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:11 - Feb 1 with 724 viewsX0Y0

I would assume this may mean Toto out on loan and Chambers to return to playing CB alongside one of the youngsters - probably McG, based on my reading of Lambert / Woolfenden’s relationship. I think this would materially improve our defence.
Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:13 - Feb 1 with 699 viewsSomethingBlue

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:11 - Feb 1 by X0Y0

I would assume this may mean Toto out on loan and Chambers to return to playing CB alongside one of the youngsters - probably McG, based on my reading of Lambert / Woolfenden’s relationship. I think this would materially improve our defence.

If Matheson is ready I'd want to put him straight in, get some energy up that flank and then — as you say — move Chambers inside. Would massively improve two positions with one move.

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:18 - Feb 1 with 634 viewsHerbivore

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:11 - Feb 1 by X0Y0

We should really have been looking at someone like Matheson months ago. Chambers isn't a right back and you can't play two rookies at CB at this level. Signing McGuiness basically created two problems and solved none.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 617 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, it always looks like more players to juggle with and us still failing to get the whole working as a team.

Case in point was Thomas on Saturday. He’d looked bright in his first two games even with a touch of Ryan Fraser about him but already by his third appearance he seemed to be lost. And not helped by us not being able to get the ball to him.

All the recent signings (and indeed the existing squad) look decent on paper. However we seem to be at a complete loss as to how to convert that potential into performances.

Pronouns: He/Him

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 612 viewsMrTown

Two really good signings today, in isolation on 19:05 - Feb 1 by SomethingBlue

That's the thing though, with signings like these added to what we already have we really should be. We could not be any further past "no excuses" territory. The manager has, against most people's better judgment and for all the other problems with Evans, been backed brilliantly in this window. It's insane.

We know we have a good squad!

But just because you have the best car, you won’t win the race if the right man isn’t behind the wheel.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 19:21]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024