Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall 04:21 - Feb 2 with 2988 viewsITFC_96

The salary cap benefits him greatly. This is absolutely dire, and we are going to stay in this division a long, long time.

What a joke.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 04:24 - Feb 2 with 2518 viewsjeera

Don't be silly.

Being here benefits no one.

Nobody buys a football club hoping to sit in League 1.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 04:28 - Feb 2 with 2518 viewsITFC_96

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 04:24 - Feb 2 by jeera

Don't be silly.

Not having to spend as much money? Check
Still many fans who have delusions that we're close to getting promoted? Check

Tell me, how exactly will he be hurting once he has to spend a fraction of what he's spending now, and fans will still be filling up seats? Every fan should protest by never visiting a game until they are both gone. It is so incredibly obvious that Evans wants the club to sit in this division as long as possible.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 06:34 - Feb 2 with 2409 viewsJeff_winger

Why if he wants the club to fall, has he wasted millions on these loan signings? Wouldn't he just blame salary cap and keep his money.

I think he's desperate to go up , but just absolutely clueless
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 06:34 - Feb 2 with 2409 viewsFixed_It

That is why we were so inactive on transfer deadline day presumably.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 06:37 - Feb 2 with 2405 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The salary cap that he voted against.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:10 - Feb 2 with 2316 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 04:28 - Feb 2 by ITFC_96

Not having to spend as much money? Check
Still many fans who have delusions that we're close to getting promoted? Check

Tell me, how exactly will he be hurting once he has to spend a fraction of what he's spending now, and fans will still be filling up seats? Every fan should protest by never visiting a game until they are both gone. It is so incredibly obvious that Evans wants the club to sit in this division as long as possible.

‘Once he has to spend a fraction of what he is spending now’

He could choose not to spend what he is spending now if he wanted to, there isn’t currently a rule which makes him spend x. Instead he’s just funded 4 new players to arrive in January

He’s an absolutely terrible owner and decision maker generally but the idea that he wants us to be in League One and the value of the club to be reduced is mental

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:19 - Feb 2 with 2291 viewsTieDyedIn95

Don't be silly.

Yeah but if you did want to do that, and you started in the Championship, you'd not go far wrong by following what Evans has done here and continues to do. Conspiracy theories arise where people try to find logic where this is none and I cannot blame them when it comes to Evans running ITFC.

He could have sold us in 2016, not long after the playoffs but around the time we started getting the "poor Marcus only has so much money to spend and football is too rich for him" narrative which was the signal of the end here. We still had a club that could be turned around, a decent manager and a number of good players at that point which would have made the club more attractive to a buyer or a set of buyers and he could have recouped some of his loss and got the club off his books. Instead we now have a club he's going to have to give away for free to get shot of. Marcus Evans is not a bright man. The fact he continues to mess about with us and pour millions away just proves that point.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:22 - Feb 2 with 2283 viewslazyblue

This is getting boring now but ME does not want to be in league 1 anymore than we do, he is doing is best to help the manager get out of this bloody league.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:31 - Feb 2 with 2245 viewsWD19

The salary cap he voted against? That salary cap!?
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:31 - Feb 2 with 2247 viewssuffolkpoker

None of these players fall under the salary cap.

By 2023 we will have the best paid teenagers in the land

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:37 - Feb 2 with 2235 viewsChurchman

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:22 - Feb 2 by lazyblue

This is getting boring now but ME does not want to be in league 1 anymore than we do, he is doing is best to help the manager get out of this bloody league.

He’ll do that alright. At the current rate of progress and by not kicking out Lambert we will be in League 2 before you know it.

Ok I’m being facetious but seriously, if he really does want this club to progress, he needs to inject some pride, professionalism and direction. I’ve seen precious little of that in years.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:43 - Feb 2 with 2216 viewsManchesterblue

Next step will be to sell the training ground for housing.

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:46 - Feb 2 with 2200 viewsOwainG1992

This is an absolutely stupid post.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:46 - Feb 2 with 2201 viewsTieDyedIn95

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:37 - Feb 2 by Churchman

He’ll do that alright. At the current rate of progress and by not kicking out Lambert we will be in League 2 before you know it.

Ok I’m being facetious but seriously, if he really does want this club to progress, he needs to inject some pride, professionalism and direction. I’ve seen precious little of that in years.

We'll be in League Two at some point, Evans has learned nothing from the past decade and once our advantages are taken away we will just be treading water until we drop again.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:47 - Feb 2 with 2195 viewshype313

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 06:34 - Feb 2 by Jeff_winger

Why if he wants the club to fall, has he wasted millions on these loan signings? Wouldn't he just blame salary cap and keep his money.

I think he's desperate to go up , but just absolutely clueless

Millions on these loan signings? I very much doubt that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:48 - Feb 2 with 2189 viewsm14_blue

I’d like to invoke Hanlon’s razor here.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 08:17 - Feb 2 with 2118 viewsBehind_Enemy_Lines

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:48 - Feb 2 by m14_blue

I’d like to invoke Hanlon’s razor here.

Or Occam’s Razor for that matter, does ME have a disdain/dislike for the fans ie comments made regarding MM and the be careful what you wish for statement that he later apologised for but still should have never been said. It seems that he is being more bullish in a way that us the fans cannot tell him a change of manager so is keeping him as a way of being spiteful.

Take with a pinch of salt, it seems that PL is going nowhere fast let alone out of our club but this has happened before during the reign of Paul Jewell and his last throw of the dice and now 4 new players to the squad.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 08:28 - Feb 2 with 2088 viewsHerbivore

This is staggeringly stupid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 08:56 - Feb 2 with 2038 viewsRegencyBlue

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 07:22 - Feb 2 by lazyblue

We can speculate endlessly about what Evans may or may not want but one thing is abundantly clear.

His time here has been a thirteen year master class in how not to run a football club and I don’t see any signs that any lessons have been learned from his endless failures.

Personally I don’t think he will have to worry about Third Division football for much longer if he carries on producing the relentless decline which seems to be his specialty!
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 2017 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's worse than that. He's actually trying to be successful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 09:12 - Feb 2 with 1989 viewsGuthrum

But the loss of income from Solidarity Payments, shared TV revenue, televised live matches, sponsorship, away fan tickets, probable further fall in season ticket numbers, etc., don't benefit him one bit.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 09:15 - Feb 2 with 1971 viewsBloomBlue

If he wants the club to fail all he has to do is close it down.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 1921 viewsmo_itfc

He's clearly trying to short the shares for ITFC!
That would explain why he's running the club the way his is and how he's going to benefit!

Let's hope the traders of reddit find out and come and save us!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 12:19 - Feb 2 with 1819 viewspeterleeblue

I do wonder whether a profit and loss account for the business of a Football Club is better in league 1 in a no crown scenario than the Championship where player investment would be required. Perhaps staying put until COVID is well behind is more financially sensible for Marcus Evans. Apologies if this has been put out there before.
Marcus Evans wants this club to fall on 12:59 - Feb 2 with 1769 viewsEl_Fenix

Don't be silly.

He didn't buy it hoping to sit in League One, he bought it hoping to get to the Premier League quickly and make a big profit. He invested a lot in the project but not effectively enough to succeed. That investment is now a sunk cost and is irrelevant to what he does going forward under circumstances that are radically different.

At this point, his motivation may well be to minimize future losses and to operate in a way that is cash-flow positive. He can begin to do this after the end of this season, when much of the legacy dead weight of player's contracts evaporates (and a break clause in an onerous 5-year contract for a manager may be triggered). From that point on, the salary cap would allow him to generate positive cash flow that could, among other things, be invested in improving the infrastructure and pursuing a longer-term, organic return to being a successful club.

It's what I would do if I were him.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024