Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, heres an idea... 13:17 - Feb 3 with 679 viewsdeano85

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55906557?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_cu
Well, heres an idea... on 13:28 - Feb 3 with 630 viewsbreedalot

I think she says a lot of good stuff here. I have to say i am slightly confused as to why Dyer is being pushed but Sheehan isn't?
Well, heres an idea... on 14:30 - Feb 3 with 568 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well, heres an idea... on 13:28 - Feb 3 by breedalot

I think she says a lot of good stuff here. I have to say i am slightly confused as to why Dyer is being pushed but Sheehan isn't?

Why does that confuse you?

Even coaching the U23's Dyer is dealing with a much higher standard of football.

I could understand adding Hayes to the conversation, but not Sheehan.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well, heres an idea... on 14:34 - Feb 3 with 555 viewsDurovigutum

The women's game isn't a step down, it is different. U16 is different to U23 to grassroots. I've refereed some regional ladies adult games and been on the line for games in the ITFC ladies league and FA Cup and also the men's FA Trophy. Skills wise and technically I'd say the ladies tend to be as good or perhaps even better than their male step equivalent, but they play far less with the ball in the air and the nature of the physicality is "different" because woman are (generally) smaller/lighter. If you are a good player because you can read the game it doesn't matter if you are boy or girl.

Also, women keepers have historically been a bit of a joke, but the MK Don's keeper I saw play in September was excellent, a stand out performer only hindered by being 5'9 and the posts being 8' - forcing some shots to be palmed away for a corner where a 6' male may have been able to claim.

It does get difficult for male coaches in the ladies changing rooms, and there's no doubt that would be the case going the other way. Refereeing with a mixed team is the same - Peterborough United don't have match day facilities for a mixed officials team, so heading down the leagues it becomes increasingly rare.
Well, heres an idea... on 14:42 - Feb 3 with 534 viewsJ2BLUE

I can understand her not wanting to leave Chelsea for Wimbledon. Women's Super League or league one...hmm.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, heres an idea... on 15:48 - Feb 3 with 465 viewsbreedalot

Well, heres an idea... on 14:30 - Feb 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why does that confuse you?

Even coaching the U23's Dyer is dealing with a much higher standard of football.

I could understand adding Hayes to the conversation, but not Sheehan.

i don't really mean on a permanent basis but as a caretaker. Much more experience of coaching, two very good seasons with the team and lets face it L1 under 23s for less than a season is hardly the experience desirable for the managers job. If it was then Nash should be top of the pile.

I am not saying i don't want Dyer btw I think he will be a good appointment and probably all things considered a better one.

TBH the bigger issue for me is keeping lame duck managers in place when you could be giving the likes of Dyer 3 games of experience as a first team manager even if your not going to appoint him this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024