Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill 15:10 - Feb 3 with 2034 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:13 - Feb 3 with 1666 viewsjayessess

"People might ask why we have gone into the loan market when we said before that we didn’t want to bring in loans and that we wanted to develop our own players but the fact is, the football landscape has changed so much over the past year that we had no choice”

This is Paul Lambert's 4th transfer window, Lee. He shouldn't need bailing out with nearly half a team at this point.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:15 - Feb 3 with 1631 viewsMrTown

“We have got some promising young players coming through the ranks and it will remain one of the cornerstones of the Club that we look to develop our own young players and give them a chance to progress into first-team players here but as I said earlier, this year is different and we face the most testing fixture schedule over the next few months and we need players that have had the experience of playing first-team football.”

- An explanation from LO perspective as to why we’d gone into the Lon market.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:19 - Feb 3 with 1574 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:13 - Feb 3 by jayessess

"People might ask why we have gone into the loan market when we said before that we didn’t want to bring in loans and that we wanted to develop our own players but the fact is, the football landscape has changed so much over the past year that we had no choice”

This is Paul Lambert's 4th transfer window, Lee. He shouldn't need bailing out with nearly half a team at this point.

His squad should be built now. And should be operating on a one out one in basis.

The top clubs have their models, they have their squads, they know their replacements if a player were to leave, they have a solid recruitment structure, identifying they ‘type’ of player they want, we stick our hand in the basement bin and see what we can find.

We are a structural mess.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:20 - Feb 3 with 1569 viewshype313

Laughable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:21 - Feb 3 with 1563 viewsdominiciawful

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:25 - Feb 3 with 1535 viewsDubtractor

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:20 - Feb 3 by hype313

Laughable.

Yep, some of that statement is just p1ss weak.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:26 - Feb 3 with 1525 viewsHerbivore

He's taking the piss.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:28 - Feb 3 with 1507 viewsHerbivore

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:15 - Feb 3 by MrTown

“We have got some promising young players coming through the ranks and it will remain one of the cornerstones of the Club that we look to develop our own young players and give them a chance to progress into first-team players here but as I said earlier, this year is different and we face the most testing fixture schedule over the next few months and we need players that have had the experience of playing first-team football.”

Matheson and Parrot are, of course, both very experienced in playing regular first team football. As are McGuiness and Bennetts. We've definitely gone down the hardened pros road with our loans this season, no doubt about that.

Login to get fewer ads

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:31 - Feb 3 with 1493 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:28 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Matheson and Parrot are, of course, both very experienced in playing regular first team football. As are McGuiness and Bennetts. We've definitely gone down the hardened pros road with our loans this season, no doubt about that.

Strange one.

In reality, he is indicating that someone around the first team isn't happy with what the academy is producing, so we are turning to other peoples academy to find 'better'.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 15:31]

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:33 - Feb 3 with 1463 viewsSwansea_Blue

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:15 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Matheson and Parrott have barely played and senior competitive football. Dobra's almost played as much! Nydam's played as much if not more. Lankester has played more. McGavin has played as much. Even Tommy Smith has played more (albeit in the Isthmian League).

McGuinness hadn't played league football before he came here, etc., etc.

Why do none of the comms coming out of the club at the moment make sense, and seem to contradict what we see with our own eyes or can be disproved with basic facts? We get it from Lambert, Evans, LON, everyone.

Fair enough if the reason we've brought these players in is because they are deemed better and more ready for this level than our own. That would be a call based on quality and you could see the logic - 'we're trying to improve the team' is a simple, sensible message. But if that's the case, say so. Don't invent excuses that are easily proven wrong. It's doing my head in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:37 - Feb 3 with 1437 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:33 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

Matheson and Parrott have barely played and senior competitive football. Dobra's almost played as much! Nydam's played as much if not more. Lankester has played more. McGavin has played as much. Even Tommy Smith has played more (albeit in the Isthmian League).

McGuinness hadn't played league football before he came here, etc., etc.

Why do none of the comms coming out of the club at the moment make sense, and seem to contradict what we see with our own eyes or can be disproved with basic facts? We get it from Lambert, Evans, LON, everyone.

Fair enough if the reason we've brought these players in is because they are deemed better and more ready for this level than our own. That would be a call based on quality and you could see the logic - 'we're trying to improve the team' is a simple, sensible message. But if that's the case, say so. Don't invent excuses that are easily proven wrong. It's doing my head in.

As mentioned to Herbs, I think in reality it is a case of Lambert doesn't quite readily trust the kids we're producing right now.

Well that's what I've heard anyway.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:37 - Feb 3 with 1435 viewscasanovacrow

Only route? Bollox to that.

Either play our own and develop a sustainable future or take a financial hit and just don't reward the overpaid jobbers in the squad with numbers and get in some young and motivated players permanently.

Loans are just a short term waste of money that will leave us with academy players still here collecting a pension yet to get a chance and near zero turnover from transfers which will further erode our competitiveness financially.

It's this loaning half a team each year under Mick that has cost us so much already.

What's the plan for next season? Half the squad out of contract, overpaid and under-performing so wouldn't want em to stay, no youth with experience because of this shortsightedness, and no money to fill the gaps in the squad. We'll have to sell the likes of Woolfy and Downes just to fill a squad. It'll be Hurst 2.0.
Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:41 - Feb 3 with 1405 viewsTieDyedIn95

Just spin.

They say this all the time to appease the support, although some of us are not stuck in the 70's with out mindset and know our academy hardly produces top players these days and it's reasonable to expect any manager to bring in better players on loan or for fees where possible to help strengthen the team. We've had a chunk of youth products playing the past 2 years and have managed a relegation and a mid-table third division finish out of it.

We've not produced a single Premier League regular since the early 2000's and only 2 players in the top flight right now have been through our system, one of which we released and the other we exchanged for Webster. Just as few of our products playing the Championship but plenty in this tier, the league below and in the non-league....

That says you all about our youth set up now. If we're relying on that to produce our next team rather than fix the recruitment we really are screwed. It's lala land stuff.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:43 - Feb 3 with 1398 viewsDanTheMan

Amazing logic on show.

Truly astounding.

Hey Lee, how are our youngsters going to get first team experience if you don't play them?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:48 - Feb 3 with 1366 viewsDubtractor

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:43 - Feb 3 by DanTheMan

Amazing logic on show.

Truly astounding.

Hey Lee, how are our youngsters going to get first team experience if you don't play them?

And if we can't give that game time to our own young players in DIVISION SODDING 3, then they are never going to get that game time are they?

5 point plan indeed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:49 - Feb 3 with 1361 viewsHerbivore

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:31 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Strange one.

In reality, he is indicating that someone around the first team isn't happy with what the academy is producing, so we are turning to other peoples academy to find 'better'.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 15:31]

That's not what he's saying. But what he's saying isn't true.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:50 - Feb 3 with 1352 viewsHerbivore

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:37 - Feb 3 by MrTown

As mentioned to Herbs, I think in reality it is a case of Lambert doesn't quite readily trust the kids we're producing right now.

Ha! Love the fake ITK stuff.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:53 - Feb 3 with 1331 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Excuse, after excuse, after excuse.

Parachute Payments,
The fractured relationship with the club
Roy Keane,
Paul Jewell,
Injuries
Parachute Payments,
Ipswich being too far from London,
'THEY' changed the rules on Cat one academies, now we are just short.
We are reinvesting our transfer money, in our youth and in quality loans
Premier league teams poaching our best youth players
We can't get quality loans in the way London based clubs can, geographically, we are disadvantaged,
We can't afford to get to a cat one academy
Micks fractured relationship with the fans,
Paul Hurst was what the fans wanted,
We thought it odd selling all the players but we had to trust Hurst,
Paul Hurst,
Injuries
Covid,
No Fans in Stadiums,
Too many fixtures,
Injuries,
Too much rotation,
The Salary Cap,
Parachute payments,
Its your fault we were relegated, You made me get Hurst.
Sack Lambert? You told me to get rid of Mick
Its the fans fault,
Covid,
The salary cap.
Too many fixtures

Excuse, after excuse, after excuse.
I for one, am sick of it. Fk off Evans and take Shambert with you.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 16:00]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:55 - Feb 3 with 1319 viewsSwansea_Blue

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:37 - Feb 3 by MrTown

That's my reading of it. I don't mind that - the younger ones breaking through haven't looked good when given a chance lately. Although in their defence nobody's looked good! It's the slightly strange explanations coming out of the club I find odd (off the back of delusional comments about how well we're playing and still aiming for automatic promotion).

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:58 - Feb 3 with 1310 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:49 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

That's not what he's saying. But what he's saying isn't true.

I know what he said, and I know how I am interpreting it.

Thank you though.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:00 - Feb 3 with 1293 viewsHerbivore

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:58 - Feb 3 by MrTown

I know what he said, and I know how I am interpreting it.

Thank you though.

You interpreted "we need players that have had the experience of playing first-team football" as meaning we need unproven youngsters from other clubs as we don't want to play our own, more experienced youngsters?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:01 - Feb 3 with 1286 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 15:43 - Feb 3 by DanTheMan

Amazing logic on show.

Truly astounding.

Bring in MM from Arsenal, never played a senior game, and send Corrie Ndaba to Ayr United.

The long term future of the club would be much better if Corrie Ndaba had been given the opportunities in League 1 that MM has.

As mentioned though, comes down Lambert not trusting our own at the moment.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 16:01]

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:02 - Feb 3 with 1266 viewsMrTown

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:00 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

You interpreted "we need players that have had the experience of playing first-team football" as meaning we need unproven youngsters from other clubs as we don't want to play our own, more experienced youngsters?

They've shopped elsewhere because PL not happy with what's in the house.

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:08 - Feb 3 with 1229 viewsBlueBadger

“Listen, to go longer-term, sometimes you have to go short-term.”

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:09 - Feb 3 with 1221 viewsSwansea_Blue

Plan still to develop our own - Lee ONeill on 16:02 - Feb 3 by MrTown

They've shopped elsewhere because PL not happy with what's in the house.

PL should look at the housekeeper first and foremost.

But he could also have a point. I don't mind if we think PL and Championship loanees are better than ours. They will be, or they should be. We get a better player in theory for 6 months while ours go to a lower league club and hopefully play more football than they would here - that's a win for all. It happens in clubs all over the country.

I still don't know why they'd couch that as getting in more experienced, battle hardened pros though, when we haven't.

Ah well, I should stop trying to make sense of what's coming out of the club as that way lies madness.

Up the Blues. Lambert OUT.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024