Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Webster 22:05 - Feb 3 with 3593 viewsPippin1970

Quality player in the Premier League. One of many.
Adam Webster on 22:07 - Feb 3 with 3272 viewsBlueBadger

A player who, lest we forget, we sold in order to fund the purchase of Toto Nsiala.

#banterera
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 22:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Adam Webster on 22:11 - Feb 3 with 3238 viewswaveneyblue

Absolutely superb tonight. Makes you want to cry.
Adam Webster on 22:11 - Feb 3 with 3236 viewsSwansea_Blue

Genuinely I'd forgotten about him. He'll be valued for his work on the ball too, not just defending if I know anything about Graham Potter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Adam Webster on 23:43 - Feb 3 with 3053 viewsCoco

Never fit

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Adam Webster on 01:35 - Feb 4 with 3015 viewseddiespearitt03

Just another example of a footballer leaving this club and fulfilling their potential and making progress. Players like Webster, K.Moore, Mings, Cresswell, etc etc moving on .

Look who we got stuck with and wonder why we are floundering in League One.
Adam Webster on 08:00 - Feb 4 with 2854 viewsSteve_M

Adam Webster on 22:07 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

A player who, lest we forget, we sold in order to fund the purchase of Toto Nsiala.

#banterera

A player we sold cheaply in order to fund the purchase of Nsiala and Nolan. The desperation to sell was a big warning sign of what was to come.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Adam Webster on 08:17 - Feb 4 with 2812 viewsChrisd

There’s some short memories on here, I remember reading that Portsmouth had got the better deal getting Clarke as a make-weight in the deal at the time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Adam Webster on 08:40 - Feb 4 with 2781 viewsDubtractor

Adam Webster on 08:17 - Feb 4 by Chrisd

There’s some short memories on here, I remember reading that Portsmouth had got the better deal getting Clarke as a make-weight in the deal at the time.

Not sure any/many people said they got the better deal.

Lots of people were annoyed that we let our best CD prospect in years leave the club.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Webster on 08:44 - Feb 4 with 2761 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Adam Webster on 08:00 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

A player we sold cheaply in order to fund the purchase of Nsiala and Nolan. The desperation to sell was a big warning sign of what was to come.

The desperation was a huge warning sign that Hurst lacked the confidence to deal with experienced Championship and Premiership players. Hence the swathes of L1 and L2 players who came in.

Hursts level.

The absolute killer is that Evans could have stopped the whole thing in its tracks, but didn't.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Adam Webster on 08:47 - Feb 4 with 2751 viewsHerbivore

Adam Webster on 08:00 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

When you look back at our defence that season and how error prone Pennington and Nsiala were it's hard not to imagine that keeping Webster might have given us a fighting chance at least. Lack of goals would have been an issue still, given we decided to trade Waghorn and Garner for Harrison and Jackson. The business that summer has absolutely killed us as a club. Gutted the sqaud of a large chunk of proven Championship quality and replaced it with players who collectively were nowhere near good enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Adam Webster on 09:00 - Feb 4 with 2737 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Webster on 22:07 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

#banterera

He wasn't really. Webster had his mind made up to go, the move almost happened in the January and when Bristol City came back in again, a day or so into the start of pre-season training under Paul Hurst, he made it clear he wanted to go and the club was evidently happy with the fee.
Adam Webster on 09:01 - Feb 4 with 2729 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Webster on 08:40 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

Lots of people were annoyed that we let our best CD prospect in years leave the club.

There were people at the club who said that at the time to me personally. And actually Ray Crawford was of a similar opinion on the two of them's spells at Portsmouth.
Adam Webster on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 2678 viewschicoazul

Worked with Mini Roy for one day, left ASAP.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Adam Webster on 09:16 - Feb 4 with 2656 viewsSteve_M

Adam Webster on 09:00 - Feb 4 by PhilTWTD

He wasn't really. Webster had his mind made up to go, the move almost happened in the January and when Bristol City came back in again, a day or so into the start of pre-season training under Paul Hurst, he made it clear he wanted to go and the club was evidently happy with the fee.

The fee was low though, I can't imagine MM being happy to accept that fee and I think the onward fee that Bristol City got, albeit after a decent year, demonstrates that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Adam Webster on 09:19 - Feb 4 with 2636 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Absolutely, this place was full of that when the deal was done. To be fair to us, Webster was never really fit here, and he looked alright, but you can't really blame us for this.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Adam Webster on 09:20 - Feb 4 with 2632 viewsDubtractor

Adam Webster on 09:01 - Feb 4 by PhilTWTD

There were people at the club who said that at the time to me personally. And actually Ray Crawford was of a similar opinion on the two of them's spells at Portsmouth.

Fair enough, I didn't see that.

Still, all worked out fine, we don't have either of them now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Adam Webster on 11:41 - Feb 4 with 2487 viewscleggo

Mick always said he'd be a Premier League player....
Adam Webster on 11:43 - Feb 4 with 2480 viewsRobTheMonk

A back line of Bart, Webster, Mings, Cresswell, and a half decent right back would have been lovely.
Adam Webster on 12:11 - Feb 4 with 2432 viewsmo_itfc

Adam Webster on 11:43 - Feb 4 by RobTheMonk

A back line of Bart, Webster, Mings, Cresswell, and a half decent right back would have been lovely.

As much as I'd love to see Mings back in a town shirt!

There are some who don't rate him enough to play for us in League One!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Adam Webster on 12:13 - Feb 4 with 2426 viewsBlueNomad

Just watching Brighton last night shows they are on a different planet to us. Attacking at speed and in numbers......................
Adam Webster on 12:14 - Feb 4 with 2428 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Webster on 09:16 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

The fee was low though, I can't imagine MM being happy to accept that fee and I think the onward fee that Bristol City got, albeit after a decent year, demonstrates that.

I doubt Hurst had much to do with the fee as he'd not seen much of him at all. May well have been the fee that had been talked about in the January, but I don't know whether that was the case.
Adam Webster on 12:18 - Feb 4 with 2415 viewsSwansea_Blue

Adam Webster on 08:44 - Feb 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

The desperation was a huge warning sign that Hurst lacked the confidence to deal with experienced Championship and Premiership players. Hence the swathes of L1 and L2 players who came in.

Hursts level.

The absolute killer is that Evans could have stopped the whole thing in its tracks, but didn't.

What I find particularly damning is that Evans admitted afterwards that he wasn't aware of the amount of changes Hurst was making.

Surely that had to be a warning sign to have better oversight and governance of the football matters, rather than leave so much to the manager. We're crying out for a relevantly experienced CEO or DoF. Have been since ME took over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Adam Webster on 12:21 - Feb 4 with 2410 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Webster on 12:14 - Feb 4 by PhilTWTD

I doubt Hurst had much to do with the fee as he'd not seen much of him at all. May well have been the fee that had been talked about in the January, but I don't know whether that was the case.

The other thing to consider with Webster was his lack of fitness while here, he'd hardly managed a run of more than 10 games without picking up an injury, or rather usually aggravating the ankle he had rebuilt whe at Portsmouth.
Adam Webster on 13:11 - Feb 4 with 2294 viewsChrisd

Adam Webster on 12:11 - Feb 4 by mo_itfc

As much as I'd love to see Mings back in a town shirt!

There are some who don't rate him enough to play for us in League One!

If you couldn't see that he was a decent player that had the capability to play at a higher level, then I'm not sure those people have played football at any level?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Adam Webster on 13:13 - Feb 4 with 2290 viewshype313

Adam Webster on 12:14 - Feb 4 by PhilTWTD

Thank god it hasn't continued with KVY, Huws ,Judge and Nolan.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024