Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï 05:45 - Feb 4 with 1116 viewsRyorry

“..science is being suppressed for political and financial gain” in the mould of “some of history’s worst autocrats and dictators” -

I know most here knew anyway, but when the BMJ spells it out like that it really drives it home. Beyond shock, anger, disgust. French people would have started a revolution by now, yet some Brits are still saying 'poor BJ, hes' doing his best'
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 6:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 06:56 - Feb 4 with 1049 viewsBlueBadger

Thing is Boris is doing HIS best. Not 'what is best' but 'what is best for Boris'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 07:35 - Feb 4 with 1012 viewsBrianTablet

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 06:56 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

Thing is Boris is doing HIS best. Not 'what is best' but 'what is best for Boris'.

That's unfair BB.
Boris is not doing this purely for self-gain.
He's kindly sharing the spoils with his chums.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 08:10 - Feb 4 with 946 viewsPlums

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 06:56 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

Unfortunately for the rest of us, Boris’ best is the cognitive equivalent of a chimp sh1tting in its hands and clapping. The bar is not high.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 08:19 - Feb 4 with 936 viewsmr_bean

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 07:35 - Feb 4 by BrianTablet

That's unfair BB.
Boris is not doing this purely for self-gain.
He's kindly sharing the spoils with his chums.

This isn't aimed at you personally; your post just provides a convenient opportunity for me to express my intense irritation.....

I hate the fact that the PM is almost universally referred to as "Boris". It just facilitates his populist persona and his desire to come across as being everybody's "mate" and a man of the people. It' not even his first name FFS.

He's no-one's "mate" (apart from the cronies whose nests he feathers). Most people didn't refer to David Cameron as "David", or Theresa May as "Theresa". It's almost mission impossible, but it's high time that the chunk of the population who can see through him somehow push back against this misnomer that is being perpetuated by the right-wing press.

Rant over.
BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:07 - Feb 4 with 896 viewsGuthrum

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 08:19 - Feb 4 by mr_bean

This isn't aimed at you personally; your post just provides a convenient opportunity for me to express my intense irritation.....

I hate the fact that the PM is almost universally referred to as "Boris". It just facilitates his populist persona and his desire to come across as being everybody's "mate" and a man of the people. It' not even his first name FFS.

He's no-one's "mate" (apart from the cronies whose nests he feathers). Most people didn't refer to David Cameron as "David", or Theresa May as "Theresa". It's almost mission impossible, but it's high time that the chunk of the population who can see through him somehow push back against this misnomer that is being perpetuated by the right-wing press.

Rant over.

I think it's partly because, with the hard first syllable, the word can be spat out with a tone of contempt, whereas "Johnson" is more anodyne and respectable.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:14 - Feb 4 with 888 viewsEwan_Oozami

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:07 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

I think it's partly because, with the hard first syllable, the word can be spat out with a tone of contempt, whereas "Johnson" is more anodyne and respectable.

Not really sure about that....Johnson is a well-known euphemism for a certain part of the male anatomy...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The French couldn't revolt..... on 09:15 - Feb 4 with 885 viewsBloots

....because they've only managed to vaccinate about 2% of the population.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:18 - Feb 4 with 880 viewschicoazul

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 08:19 - Feb 4 by mr_bean

Rant over.

Hi name is Alexander which is what all his family and “friends”call him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 852 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 09:18 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

Hi name is Alexander which is what all his family and “friends”call him.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 10:22 - Feb 4 with 824 viewsNthQldITFC

It's a bit like:

Government defends Cumbria coal mine green light - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55668507

versus

Climate change: Boris Johnson to chair new committee - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50076582

I'm beginning to suspect that these hypocritical bastards are prepared to cheat and lie and abuse their positions for personal gain in every way possible, in the face of the most devastating threats to the planet and to its passengers. How much longer will we let them do this? Scum, utterly untrustworthy scum. If nothing else, history will hold them accountable.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:08 - Feb 4 with 790 viewsjaykay

i wonder how that track and trace is going. is it still world class?
i should hope so, the new hong kong airport was built for about the same money

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:18 - Feb 4 with 777 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh well, at least we're getting full value for money out of Dido Harding.

It's not her fault that "none of us were able to predict" that the virus could mutate. Or that they weren't "expecting to see the really sizable increase in demand we’ve seen" [in demand for testing services after all the schools/Colleges went back in the autumn].

There are too many in top ministerial positions and head roles who are dangerously thick and corrupt as hell (which is part of what Brexit was about).

Speaking of which, Shapps has gone full Raab:
"UK Can't Close Its Border Because It's An Island 'Unlike Australia', Says Grant Shapps"
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/grant-shapps-uk-border-australia_uk_601a7

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:31 - Feb 4 with 767 viewsSwansea_Blue

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 08:10 - Feb 4 by Plums

Unfortunately for the rest of us, Boris’ best is the cognitive equivalent of a chimp sh1tting in its hands and clapping. The bar is not high.

We were warned. He doesn't seem big on detail, or process, or the truth.

It's just a shame for all of us that the worse health crisis in a hundred years has landed on his watch (although he wasn't actually watching, as they were all focussed on Brexit).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:42 - Feb 4 with 753 viewsRyorry

Rant over.

Couldn't agree more.

He got where he is & manages to remain there through the image he himself carefully created. If anyone hasn't heard the story of him arriving very late to deliver the same after-dinner speech on two separate occasions, I'll find & post it later.

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:48 - Feb 4 with 740 viewsRyorry

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:31 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

We were warned. He doesn't seem big on detail, or process, or the truth.

It's just a shame for all of us that the worse health crisis in a hundred years has landed on his watch (although he wasn't actually watching, as they were all focussed on Brexit).

Don't get me started on Brexsh1t; was unable to get new protective moulds for painful foot problems on a NHS podiatry outpatient appt. yesterday because one of the two key ingredients is manufactured in Germany & has been stuck in transit for weeks - not a single UK hospital has any, according to the podiatrist

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:53 - Feb 4 with 735 viewsnoggin

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:48 - Feb 4 by Ryorry

Don't get me started on Brexsh1t; was unable to get new protective moulds for painful foot problems on a NHS podiatry outpatient appt. yesterday because one of the two key ingredients is manufactured in Germany & has been stuck in transit for weeks - not a single UK hospital has any, according to the podiatrist

Project feet.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:54 - Feb 4 with 729 viewsRyorry

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:53 - Feb 4 by noggin

Project feet.

Gone flat :(

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 717 viewslongtimefan

Not to downplay the importance of this, but the actual BMJ article was a bit wider in its condemnation than your title and the associated link. The article actually says, “ Politicians and industry are responsible for this opportunistic embezzlement. So too are scientists and health experts.”
BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 12:53 - Feb 4 with 682 viewsmr_bean

BMJ: "politicians and industry are guilty of “opportunistic embezzlementï on 11:42 - Feb 4 by Ryorry

Couldn't agree more.

He got where he is & manages to remain there through the image he himself carefully created. If anyone hasn't heard the story of him arriving very late to deliver the same after-dinner speech on two separate occasions, I'll find & post it later.

Thanks. That would be interesting.

I think the only hope of dislodging this self-styled "man of the people" lies within the Tory party itself. There are certainly still people within the party who recognise him for the lazy and self-serving individual that he is and will happily facilitate his downfall at the first opportunity.

One person who, regrettably, is no longer part of the parliamentary party sums Johnson up nicely (apologies if already posted):

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/boris-johnson-tom-bower-book-review-rory-stew
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024