Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are your first thoughts when looking at this 11:36 - Feb 4 with 1602 viewsgtsb1966

It just immediately reminds me of the war. Wrong I know but it does. I'm surprised Germany hasn't dropped the black cross symbol especially as it is used as a hate symbol by some.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55902317
What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:02 - Feb 4 with 1273 viewsfactual_blue

FWIW, it's been a German military symbol since 1871, and as a Prussian one way before that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 1262 viewsEdwardStone

Used on aircraft in the First War, not the second
What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:04 - Feb 4 with 1253 viewsKeno

Whats the Fokker got that cross on it for?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:06 - Feb 4 with 1247 viewshomer_123

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:02 - Feb 4 by factual_blue

FWIW, it's been a German military symbol since 1871, and as a Prussian one way before that.

1871 you say......

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:09 - Feb 4 with 1239 viewsGuthrum

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:03 - Feb 4 by EdwardStone

Used on aircraft in the First War, not the second

Indeed. Different style used in WWII, with straight arms:

[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 12:10]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:11 - Feb 4 with 1227 viewsLord_Lucan

I see what you mean and I am no expert but I suppose it's their version of our RAF Roundel?

I think it's quite neat. Lovely looking plane as well, it's a sort of powder grey colour and even the font they use for Luftwaffe is very stylish.

I blooming love the Germans.

It reminds me of the film Cross of Iron, I think that's the one anyway, the one where the German soldier gets his todger bitten off after forcing some girl to give him a blowie.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:11 - Feb 4 with 1224 viewsGuthrum

Nice that they have commemorated the great gliding pioneer, Lilienthal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:12 - Feb 4 with 1218 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:02 - Feb 4 by factual_blue

Embarrassingly, I didn't realise they still use it. I hope they don't fly over Great Bentley as it'd set off the home guard.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:13 - Feb 4 with 1206 viewshomer_123

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:12 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

Embarrassingly, I didn't realise they still use it. I hope they don't fly over Great Bentley as it'd set off the home guard.

They'd be zooming out on their scooters left right and centre.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:15 - Feb 4 with 1197 viewsLord_Lucan

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:13 - Feb 4 by homer_123

Don't panic, don't panic!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:21 - Feb 4 with 1187 viewsgtsb1966

Yes I know. I've got an original WW1 medal with its original box and ribbon. Only a 2nd class one though.
What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:23 - Feb 4 with 1184 viewsEwan_Oozami

Derived from the cross used by the Teutonic Knights during the crusades AFAIK

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:38 - Feb 4 with 1140 viewsnoggin

They wouldn't be there if Portugal had control of it's own borders innit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:04 - Feb 4 with 1070 viewsfactual_blue

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:12 - Feb 4 by Swansea_Blue

It might explain the anti-aircraft guns by our local chip shop..

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:06 - Feb 4 with 1059 viewshype313

Imagine, there would be a few of them choking on their pints of Spitfire

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:10 - Feb 4 with 1050 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's certainly caused less offence on here than the Union Jack...

...Just saying.
What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:12 - Feb 4 with 1040 viewsfactual_blue

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 12:13 - Feb 4 by homer_123

Right maybe. Left and centre? No.

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:13 - Feb 4 with 1035 viewsnoggin

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:10 - Feb 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

...Just saying.

Tbf, the union jack is the flag of choice for nazis these days.

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:25 - Feb 4 with 1013 viewsfactual_blue

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:10 - Feb 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

...Just saying.

When has the Union Flag caused offence on here?

What offends me is the ignorant, stereotyped view of British history that those who loudly proclaim themselves patriots adhere to.

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:29 - Feb 4 with 987 viewsgiant_stow

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:25 - Feb 4 by factual_blue

What offends me is the ignorant, stereotyped view of British history that those who loudly proclaim themselves patriots adhere to.

has Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder got to you again? There's two big long threads on this.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 982 viewsnoggin

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:29 - Feb 4 by giant_stow

has Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder got to you again? There's two big long threads on this.

The offence caused by the union jack, really?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 982 viewsPendejo

Is that like the old Russian technical advisors?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:31 - Feb 4 with 975 viewsgiant_stow

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:30 - Feb 4 by noggin

The offence caused by the union jack, really?

Well to be precise, labour / Starmer being seen with the union jack, yeah.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:32 - Feb 4 with 968 viewsTJS

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:25 - Feb 4 by factual_blue

Every country has these kind of people including Germany (I know as my mum is German).
What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:35 - Feb 4 with 953 viewsnoggin

What are your first thoughts when looking at this on 13:31 - Feb 4 by giant_stow

Well to be precise, labour / Starmer being seen with the union jack, yeah.

Surely that's more the flag being used as a nationalistic symbol, rather than offence at the actual flag?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024