Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When’s best to get a MacBook? 16:39 - Feb 4 with 1878 viewsGeorge25

I need to get new MacBook for uni in September and wounded when’s best to get it? Seen some people say you get better deals in the summer. Is this the case or just marketing assumption?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 16:39]
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 16:44 - Feb 4 with 1848 viewsParsley

From my experience apple products are never massively discounted but probably are slightly cheaper in the summer as that is likely just before the newer version will come out so depends how much you're likely to want the latest technology. I think they offer student discount so make sure you get that if you can!
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 16:49 - Feb 4 with 1824 viewsGeorge25

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 16:44 - Feb 4 by Parsley

From my experience apple products are never massively discounted but probably are slightly cheaper in the summer as that is likely just before the newer version will come out so depends how much you're likely to want the latest technology. I think they offer student discount so make sure you get that if you can!

I understand price don’t change. I heard apparently they tend to give over free deals such as free AirPods, AppleCare etc when you buy in the summer. I just wounded if that’s the case?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 16:49]
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 17:04 - Feb 4 with 1801 viewsRozz

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 16:49 - Feb 4 by George25

I understand price don’t change. I heard apparently they tend to give over free deals such as free AirPods, AppleCare etc when you buy in the summer. I just wounded if that’s the case?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 16:49]

Make sure you get Unidays (or whatever the verified student discount provider is these days). I got 10 or 15% from going through the student portal, which is not insignificant on a ~£2000 machine.

In hindsight I should've gone for an XPS 15 as I just don't rate IOS for productivity and have never found it very nice to use. It's lovely to look at, though.
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 17:14 - Feb 4 with 1777 viewsgordon

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 17:04 - Feb 4 by Rozz

Make sure you get Unidays (or whatever the verified student discount provider is these days). I got 10 or 15% from going through the student portal, which is not insignificant on a ~£2000 machine.

In hindsight I should've gone for an XPS 15 as I just don't rate IOS for productivity and have never found it very nice to use. It's lovely to look at, though.

Yeah find out about what discount you get when you start, your university might arrange for you to have a discount code before you start as well.
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 17:40 - Feb 4 with 1747 viewsKeno

are you aware that as a Student apple give 10% discount

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1731 viewsEireannach_gorm

You could also look at Apple refurbs. They are older models but are basically new machines.
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/mac

This is where Apple get rid of their old stock when new models come out.
When’s best to get a MacBook? on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 1695 viewsStudentBlue

Make sure you get one with the new M1 chip. It has universally been heralded as a huge leap forward from the Intel chips of previous models.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 1672 viewsEireannach_gorm

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 18:15 - Feb 4 by StudentBlue

Make sure you get one with the new M1 chip. It has universally been heralded as a huge leap forward from the Intel chips of previous models.

Downside of the M1 chip is most software is written for the Intel chip so you have to run Rosetta 2 to convert thus slowing the Mac. You also cannot run Bootcamp ( Windows running on Mac ) on an M1 Mac.
Login to get fewer ads

When’s best to get a MacBook? on 00:12 - Feb 5 with 1515 viewsMisterBlue

As one of the other posts said, get yourself setup on Unidays -

https://www.myunidays.com/GB/en-GB/partners/applemacpro/view

This will usually get you a 10% discount through the Apple website. Then keep an eye out for Apple promotions.

They tend to have a Back to School promotion a bit later in the year - my other half got free airpods last September when she made a purchase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024